Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
thumbs_b_c_c08aadb52786e7b71eb83ddb605ad043.jpg

"Renewable energy and hydrogen" stand out in Türkiye-Japan cooperation

Japan's Ambassador to Ankara, Katsumata, said, "I believe that new generation energy and renewable energy, especially hydrogen, can be promising areas for the future." said.

Japanese Ambassador to Ankara Takahiko Katsumata stated that Turkey and Japan have many cooperation opportunities in the field of energy and said, "I believe that new generation energy and renewable energy, especially hydrogen, can be promising areas for the future." said.

Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Alparslan Bayraktar and Japanese Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Nishimura Yasutoshi met in Istanbul on September 5 to evaluate possible cooperation between the two countries in the field of energy.

Within the scope of the meeting, where a wide range of issues were discussed, from critical minerals to renewable energy, from energy efficiency to natural gas, from new fuels to technologies, a joint declaration was signed by the ministers regarding the launch of the "Turkey-Japan Energy Forum".

Evaluating the cooperation in question to the AA correspondent, Ambassador Katsumata said that the two countries have common aspects in energy and that Japan, like Turkey, is a foreign-dependent country in energy.

Katsumata pointed out Turkey's critical position in terms of its region and stated that the country is at a geographical transition point between Middle Eastern countries, where energy resources such as oil and natural gas are abundant, and between Russia and European countries.

Stating that Japan is carrying out technology development studies focused on nuclear energy and renewable energy in line with its goal of becoming carbon neutral in 2050, Katsumata said:

"There are various initiatives on this issue on a private sector basis. I think there is an extremely wide range of areas in which we can cooperate with Turkey. I believe that new generation energy and renewable energy, especially hydrogen, can be promising areas for the future. The Japan Economy Conference held recently During the visit of the Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr. Nishimura Yasutoshi, to Turkey, in the joint declaration they signed with the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, Mr. Alparslan Bayraktar, it was agreed to launch the 'Japan-Turkey Energy Forum'.By taking advantage of this format, cooperation opportunities in the field of energy between the two countries were agreed upon. "I think it should be investigated."

Katsumata mentioned that bilateral relations can also be improved in the field of mining sector, and stated that cooperation opportunities in the field of critical minerals were discussed in the meetings of the ministers of the two countries, and that the concrete contents of the cooperation will be determined in the future under the coordination of the officials of both countries.

Japan is among the countries mentioned for the second nuclear power plant project planned to be built in Sinop. Aiming to increase cooperation opportunities in energy, the two countries are expected to cooperate in smaller-scale renewable energy projects as well as a large project such as a nuclear power plant.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we successfully sell tb2 or anka to Japan there would a great victory of our industry.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom