DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Given the $80 million number per TF-23 I would assume including logistic, spare parts, training, and ammunition packages it would cost around 140/150.

Right now I am feeling little depressed to think that, we will spend $3 billion for Eurofightet/rafale instead of this beautiful beast.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,040
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Given the $80 million number per TF-23 I would assume including logistic, spare parts, training, and ammunition packages it would cost around 140/150.

Right now I am feeling depressed to think that, we will spend $3 billion for Eurofightet/rafale instead of this beautiful beast.

This beast will not be ready for some time. Your Air Force has an urgent need for modernization. I am confident your growing economy will be able to afford these beasts as well in 10-15 years.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This beast will not be ready for some time. Your Air Force has an urgent need for modernization. I am confident your growing economy will be able to afford these beasts as well in 10-15 years.
I actually do think this bad boy will outsell the F-35 in the long run. I did share this theory of mine in other spaces as well and the reactions were, well, a copefest :D

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,040
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I actually do think this bad boy will outsell the F-35 in the long run. I did share this theory of mine in other spaces as well and the reactions were, well, a copefest :D

hmm, I don’t know about that.
Unfortunately, KSA just signed for FCAS.

they were one of the main prospects for TF-X

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

You are right, everybody has their own agenda.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Signing a MOU does not really mean something, who knows something can happen and they can decide for urgent purchase. Tempest is to be ready when? 2040?

Build the jet, proof it on the battlefield and it will sell like hot cake, no MOU can stop that

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Signing a MOU does not really mean something, who knows something can happen and they can decide for urgent purchase. Tempest is to be ready when? 2040?

Build the jet, proof it on the battlefield and it will sell like hot cake, no MOU can stop that
There is also the matter of when TFX will be ready for export.
I don't think it would be before 2034/35. TAI need to start delivery for TAF first. Foreign customers are second priority.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

İs that same plan UK ltaly with Japanese?

Too many Countries work together can't make good result

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,495
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those weapons are like Ferrari's being locked in garages.
Use it or not, you're paying Ferrari either way.
Also, Ferrari doesn't hesitate to take your car away if you "desecrate" the Ferrari image in any way they feel.
(Come to think of it, Ferrari should make state of the art fighter jets :D)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Not gonna happen in the next 100 years. As we don't have enough production capacity for that.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
At no point I believed that Saudi would join TFX program. The only so called Muslim country which would like to do so is Pakistan. Unfortunately Pakistan can't offer much in that retrospect. Let's say for example one or two South East Asian countries potentially could be customer , maybe Vietnam or Philippines. The best prospects are Central Asian states and Azerbaijan.
As of Bangladesh , it will never happen, it is out of question .

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,167
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

How sure are we when tfx will go into mass production?You know, we need to use the US engine so that it can go into mass production in 2028-2030...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How sure are we when tfx will go into mass production?You know, we need to use the US engine so that it can go into mass production in 2028-2030...
It will go into production several years later than planned if foreign engines can not be used.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Use it or not, you're paying Ferrari either way.
Also, Ferrari doesn't hesitate to take your car away if you "desecrate" the Ferrari image in any way they feel.
(Come to think of it, Ferrari should make state of the art fighter jets :D)
I don't think so.

Turkey is not USA, nor it has the luxury to afford such policy.

If Turkey try to imitate the same policy of US in security cooperation matters, then there is no point in buying Turkish weapon instead of US.
( At least with US, countries will have much bigger and powerful geopolitical and security quarterback compared to TR )

Last edited:

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are no guarantees but both the GE F404 and GE F110 engines do not have property rights anymore (meaning any country who can could reverse engineer them at will). Likely hood that there will be no hinder in deliveries is high.

So for the US it is not high sensible tech anymore to expect major problems. But in worst case the US could indeed stop any delivery of them (this is the case with any product you do not build yourself)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
At no point I believed that Saudi would join TFX program. The only so called Muslim country which would like to do so is Pakistan. Unfortunately Pakistan can't offer much in that retrospect. Let's say for example one or two South East Asian countries potentially could be customer , maybe Vietnam or Philippines. The best prospects are Central Asian states and Azerbaijan.
Pakistan is in no shape or state to join TFX program economically. They will very likely to go with the Chinese option.
Which would make sense given all of 4th gen fleet would become of chinese origin soon. ( Turkey is very unlikely to allow TFX integration with Chinese origin jets )

Except Khazakstan other central Asian countires with small economies wouldn't be able to make big purchases.

There could be potential buyers in North Africa, South America and South East Asia. Malaysia, Indonesia should be still in consideration, As well as some other Middle Eastern countries as previously @Nutuk pointed out.

As of Bangladesh , it will never happen, it is out of question .
How did you came up with that revelation?
BD has good potential to become another South East Asian buyer of TFX.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,023
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pakistan is in no shape or state to join TFX program economically. They will very likely to go with the Chinese option.
Which would make sense given all of 4th gen fleet would become of chinese origin soon. ( Turkey is very unlikely to allow TFX integration with Chinese origin jets )

Except Khazakstan other central Asian countires with small economies wouldn't be able to make big purchases.

There could be potential buyers in North Africa, South America and South East Asia. Malaysia, Indonesia should be still in consideration, As well as some other Middle Eastern countries as previously @Nutuk pointed out.

How did you came up with that revelation?
BD has good potential to become another South East Asian buyer of TFX.
i am not look down your country but your country is safe and rather money to development then buy advanced fighthers.

I search wiki and found you only have 8 MIG-29 and 47 J-7.

I think your country dont need F-35/SU-57/J20/TF-X/KF-21 in the neraly future

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom