Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Comparison of the Tempest (Global Combat Aircraft Program) scaled mockop shown at DSEI2023 with the nose and cockpit geometry of MMU prototype that displayed during taxi tests:

mmu front silhuette.PNG

tempest.PNG

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I don't want to be the black sheep here but I think it still needs some changes. Looks unpolished, slim, too pointy, many gaps, I don't know, I loved first mockup much may be because of that I find this a bit ugly. OFC No one can deny this is an unbelievable achievement, TAI deserves a big congratulations but I think it still has a long way to go. When you imagine how raptor's prototype were, and how it evolved, I expect same maturity but many years later. Fast achievements are good but rushing is not. Thank you for all the hard work of those engineers and technicians who make whole country proud, having this many aviation projects at the same time and meeting deadlines are very rare.

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,773
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to be the black sheep here but I think it still needs some changes. Looks unpolished, slim, too pointy, many gaps, I don't know, I loved first mockup much may be because of that I find this a bit ugly. OFC No one can deny this is an unbelievable achievement, TAI deserves a big congratulations but I think it still has a long way to go. When you imagine how raptor's prototype were, and how it evolved, I expect same maturity but many years later. Fast achievements are good but rushing is not. Thank you for all the hard work of those engineers and technicians who make whole country proud, having this many aviation projects at the same time and meeting deadlines are very rare.
Yes i agree but this is just the first prototype when we get the Radar and other electronic suits design will be change significantly. I hope it will be more curvy like the F-35. But this is leaps ahead of the first SU-57 prototype.
F-35 ;
11.jpg

SU-57 Protoype version ;

1.jpg
3.jpeg
5.jpg

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Don’t worry about the gaps.

It needs to be slim and pointy for LO.

Mock-up was actually fat and less realistic.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They have forgotten to paint some areas, the connection areas of movement places. they will paint eventually. Other than that, it looks just perfect.
After getting data, they may change some features in the latest prototypes.

zio

Reactions
4 437
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess that aircraft cannon will be 30×113 mm and that some of the acquisitions made by some of our companies in recent years may be related to this issue.
USA made AL case for Apachi 30x113mm ammunution for not to harm aircraft

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Won't several layers of RAM paint make the parts bigger, therefore possibly filling some of the gaps?
The control surface gaps will probably be filled with dedicated flexible dressings, like on the F-22. Some gaps are intentional, like the ones at the intake-body foremost junction, and filling those would be purely aesthetic.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The control surface gaps will probably be filled with dedicated flexible dressings, like on the F-22. Some gaps are intentional, like the ones at the intake-body foremost junction, and filling those would be purely aesthetic.
That is the case. Look at the horizontal stab. It can be seen, though TAI takes it on and off frequently.

Fr4ve8fWwAArHWr.jpeg

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MMU doesn't look nearly as agile as F22 and F22 has bigger wingspan than MMU despite smaller size. I seriously hope MMU can lose some weight and be made more agile. It looks like F22 but operational wise its gonna perform like F15 I feel like

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MMU doesn't look nearly as agile as F22 and F22 has bigger wingspan than MMU despite smaller size. I seriously hope MMU can lose some weight and be made more agile. It looks like F22 but operational wise its gonna perform like F15 I feel like
Knowing what the F-15 is and can do, that'd be the greatest leap forward for HvKK since F-16 was introduced. 104 to 0 baby.
If MMU can be a 2030s LO F-15 with all the avionic goodies, that'd be more than what we could want and some more.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom