Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,751
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The first photo is one of the posters used by the Turkish Armed Forces Foundation in old times. The one on the right shows what happens when these seeds grow and flourish.

*The poster says "build your own aircraft" under a drawing of an fighter jet. Probably a reference to the embargoes of the 70s.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
crying.jpg

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,751
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAAC landing gears

Trivia: If I am not wrong, KAAN means ear in Indian (Kağan, meaning king of kings, is used as Khan in South Asia). Given the huge radome on the front of the aircraft and the different compartments reserved for the various radar systems, the Hindi meaning in a way defines the aircraft. Meanwhile AMCA, the name of India's next generation fighter jet project, means father's brother, in Turkish dialects. AMCA was one of the earliest of the non-US next-generation fighter jet programs started one of the earliest, which in a way is an irony with its Turkish means. Young people who were waiting for AMCA have become uncles today. :)

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,751
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Subcontractors continue to send congratulatory messages... PAVO group is one of the subcontractors in the supply of power systems.

Details of Volo Kompozit, one of the world's most distinguished composite manufacturers.

Canopy production was realized by this our company. Turkiye had previously been embargoed for canopies on more than one platform.

If you want to slow Turkiye down, even give it systems it doesn't want. If you want to speed it up, embargo it with moronic populism and your outdated perception of the world. (Hey, national interest editor, I know you're here. Write this down also.)

Last edited:

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 549
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I think the subcons better go low profile in case of embargoes directly or indirectly.
This is unlikely to happen. Most likely, in order to hinder the development of KAAN, they will try to sell Turkey their stale product - F35 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,769
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Or try to buy the subcontractors or make them go bankrupt.

Use foreign company to order parts, stall the process, delay, add cost to the subcontractors to make their life a living hell.

Only way to protect the subcontractors would be to make contracts like how F35 with Turkey was made, delays and such not resulting in fines and such.

otherwise we would be hauling in lots of USD from the delayed delivery.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 969
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice smooth flight for KAAN , i am very happy and every Turk must be .
But i want to question about this first flight , We know even america f22 and f16 crashed in their first flight , now KAAN when was going in air , his canards moved mutiple times , and remind me F22 canard problem that crashed it . So it is normal ?
Screenshot_20240221_122317_YouTube.jpg
KAAN take off -Canards moves mutiple times
Screenshot_20240221_122005_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_122319_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_122319_YouTube.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240221_122319_YouTube(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_122319_YouTube(1).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 38

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,398
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Nice smooth flight for KAAN , i am very happy and every Turk must be .
But i want to question about this first flight , We know even america f22 and f16 crashed in their first flight , now KAAN when was going in air , his canards moved mutiple times , and remind me F22 canard problem that crashed it . So it is normal ?
View attachment 65784 KAAN take off -Canards moves mutiple times View attachment 65788

Neither F-22 nor KAAN has Canards.
What are you talking about?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,788
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Neither F-22 nor KAAN has Canards.
What are you talking about?
He's talking about the movement of the elevators at take-off. It looks a bit excessive. Some speculate that the flight computer is correcting the pilot's input.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom