The offshore secrets of more than 35 current and former presidents revealed in a massive leak

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I will wait to see what the numbers, damage etc all stack up.

Given India is far larger economy, I would not have expected for Pakistan to numerically be much larger than India in these leaks tbh....but then again no leak is truly going to be representative anyway....nor is each leak 100% credible in veracity.

I mean India round-trips investment through Mauritius alone several times (for FDI from Mauritius) the total FDI Pakistan gets from the entire world.

Stockmarket wise....Indian market cap is now 75 times what Pakistan's is.

Similar ratio for total equity and corporate balance sheets.

Yet we have 700 or so Pakistanis compared to 300 Indians AFAIK in these Pandora leaks.

When surely these numbers should at least be reversed and something like 10x for India?

But maybe in total value (rather than number of ppl named) it might end up so, I suppose lets see.

I guess Pakistan big-wig laundering is far more monotone and focused around London...drag net gets more of them commensurately.

Cabinet ministers too (hence the PMIK "inner circle")....I am not aware of any Indian cabinet minister name here. But I guess lets see how it goes.

It's really not worth comparing - as you said the market cap of Indian stock exchange is 75x that of Pak. Pak is like those tin pot African countries.

T

Turko

Why would one leak be the be all end all on something like that? It was that complete and extensive?

The govts etc not caught by this dragnet get clean chit? I don't think so.

Dragnets are only so big, the rivers here are many and wide.
What is attractive here is the $110 million donation made by this holding boss abroad.

WTF a boss makes 110 million USD donation via tax heaven island? There are other ways to donate money?

Nonetheless the most important part is he donated whom???

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turkish opposition (CHP, HDP, IYI) are crying because the Erdogan government are not in the papers and demanding a new research. They think that the researching journalists are in the pocket of the AKP.

Top Bottom