The often overlooked blind spots in the "Cross-Strait Military Conflict" between China and Taiwan

Freedomwld

Reactions
2 18
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
China
Since the British "Economist" magazine listed Taiwan as "the most dangerous region in the world", and US Indo-Pacific Commander Davidson also testified to Congress: "He is worried that the Chinese Communist Party will invade Taiwan as soon as 2027." Therefore, the issue of cross-strait military conflict has become a prominent topic in the public, with many comments and opinions. However, there are blind spots that are often overlooked when talking about cross-strait military conflicts, which are discussed below.
1. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait holds the strategic initiative?
2. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait has the decisive weapon?
3. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait has the advantage in intelligence, surveillance and investigation?
4. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait is better able to call on the people to join the war?
I think the above issues should be worthy of discussion.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since the British "Economist" magazine listed Taiwan as "the most dangerous region in the world", and US Indo-Pacific Commander Davidson also testified to Congress: "He is worried that the Chinese Communist Party will invade Taiwan as soon as 2027." Therefore, the issue of cross-strait military conflict has become a prominent topic in the public, with many comments and opinions. However, there are blind spots that are often overlooked when talking about cross-strait military conflicts, which are discussed below.
1. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait holds the strategic initiative?
2. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait has the decisive weapon?
3. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait has the advantage in intelligence, surveillance and investigation?
4. Who on both sides of the Taiwan Strait is better able to call on the people to join the war?
I think the above issues should be worthy of discussion.
What's your view on the issue?

Freedomwld

Reactions
2 18
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
China
What's your view on the issue?
Regarding the first point, the CCP is well aware that if it wants to decisively change the balance of power, military surprise attacks are the main option. Large-scale surprise attacks have always been the common tactics used by the CCP in the early stages of war, such as the Korean War in 1950 and the mid-1962 war. This was true for the Indian War and the 1979 Vietnam War. If the CCP decides to use force against Taiwan, it is likely to launch a sudden surprise attack to increase the chances of a successful military invasion of Taiwan. In other words, "undeclared war" is a habit of the CCP. With the CCP's military taking the strategic initiative, if a joint naval and air exercise is directly converted into a surprise attack on Taiwan near Pingtan, Fujian, near the center line of the strait, it will be First, using the Rocket Force's short- and medium-range ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and long-range rocket launchers in the eastern theater to paralyze the national military command center, airports, ports and other facilities, and then launching amphibious landings on key areas on Taiwan's main island, it may be detrimental to the implementation of Taiwan's defense operations.

Last edited:

Iskander

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
9 950
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Regarding the first point, the CCP is well aware that if it wants to decisively change the balance of power, military surprise attacks are the main option. Large-scale surprise attacks have always been the common tactics used by the CCP in the early stages of war, such as the Korean War in 1950 and the mid-1962 war. This was true for the Indian War and the 1979 Vietnam War. If the CCP decides to use force against Taiwan, it is likely to launch a sudden surprise attack to increase the chances of a successful military invasion of Taiwan. In other words, "undeclared war" is a habit of the CCP. With the CCP's military taking the strategic initiative, if a joint naval and air exercise is directly converted into a surprise attack on Taiwan near Pingtan, Fujian, near the center line of the strait, it will be First, using the Rocket Force's short- and medium-range ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and long-range rocket launchers in the eastern theater to paralyze the national military command center, airports, ports and other facilities, and then launching amphibious landings on key areas on Taiwan's main island, it may be detrimental to the implementation of Taiwan's defense operations.
The world of freedom is wonderful. I myself lived under Soviet rule for 30 years and understand perfectly well what unfreedom means. I am well versed in the personal freedoms of US and Chinese citizens.
But I'm more interested in other questions. In my opinion, the perspective of a Chinese American should be interesting in its own right. That's why,
let me ask you a few questions.

1. Do the USA and the West as a whole have the right to dictate their terms to the rest of the world (the conventional East) on the grounds that they represent the so-called Free World?

2. Do you think China has a right to Taiwan as its territory?

3. Is it possible that mighty China, after solving the Taiwan problem, will follow the path of military expansion into neighboring countries?

4. Could China have any intention of reclaiming its historical territories occupied by the Russians in the 19th century?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Freedomwld

Reactions
2 18
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
China
The world of freedom is wonderful. I myself lived under Soviet rule for 30 years and understand perfectly well what unfreedom means. I am well versed in the personal freedoms of US and Chinese citizens.
But I'm more interested in other questions. In my opinion, the perspective of a Chinese American should be interesting in its own right. That's why,
let me ask you a few questions.

1. Do the USA and the West as a whole have the right to dictate their terms to the rest of the world (the conventional East) on the grounds that they represent the so-called Free World?

2. Do you think China has a right to Taiwan as its territory?

3. Is it possible that mighty China, after solving the Taiwan problem, will follow the path of military expansion into neighboring countries?

4. Could China have any intention of reclaiming its historical territories occupied by the Russians in the 19th century?

Thank you.
Your question is a bit broad. I don't think there is a correct answer to this part. However, I attach great importance to the freedom to express my personal opinions and ideas. Do you like reading history? I always believe that as the ancient Chinese proverb says, "If we divide for a long time, we will unite, and if we unite for a long time, we will divide." But I personally hope that all this happens in a peaceful way, not a war!

Freedomwld

Reactions
2 18
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
China
It will not be easy for the CCP to deconstruct the world hegemony of the United States in the future. Although the United States currently has a national debt of up to 35 trillion U.S. dollars, it can still make up for the economic downturn due to the advantage of having the world's strongest U.S. dollar currency, and the military industry is still in the world. Standing alone, and supported by many allies in the Western world, although its hegemony is declining, it still has room for success.
Furthermore, if the CCP wants to take over Taiwan by force with the support of the United States, it will have to pay a considerable price. "Conquering the enemy without fighting" has always been the CCP's strategic strategy. If the CCP wants to seize Taiwan single-handedly or through the United States, it will have to pay a considerable price. It's a complicated matter.
The world situation is constantly changing. Although overthrowing hegemons can lead to the initiative of unification, it is time-consuming and requires many long nights. Immediate unification must pay the price of "military war and danger." Mainland China is naturally hesitant in this dilemma. Therefore, the "salami-slicing" approach to gradually and comprehensively suppressing Taiwan's sovereignty is the most cost-effective approach. Therefore, it is not difficult to infer that the CCP’s warplanes and warships will conduct regular combat readiness patrols, military exercises, and even fire drills against Taiwan in the future.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,699
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Conquering the enemy without fighting. Until you realize mistakes happens and both sides are now unwillingly dragged into the escalators ladder.

Tiny European countries like Czech and Lithuania make this mistake all too frequent.

Freedomwld

Reactions
2 18
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
China
Conquering the enemy without fighting. Until you realize mistakes happens and both sides are now unwillingly dragged into the escalators ladder.

Tiny European countries like Czech and Lithuania make this mistake all too frequent.

Tiny European countries like Czech and Lithuania make this mistake all too frequent
It only depends on whether both sides of the Taiwan Strait have enough wisdom to deal with it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom