Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The logo looks ok on the car. Definitely not the best logo I have seen but not too shabby.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Logo is growing on me :) starting to like it. I hope the steering badging is similar to Rivian
View attachment 37732

Really not liking the steering wheel badging..
1640618412161.png

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice car but they have to produce something in budget segment too, 99.99% of Turkish population can not afford this car.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I sincerely hope they don't produce a car for the masses unless you want them to ruin their brand image.
Yeah and how do you plan to make profit?
Have you ever asked yourself why most luxury car manufacturers either got bankrupt or got swallowed by mass producers?

Besides, you can hardly ruin a brand image that does not exists yet, to prove your quality you have to produce quality and sell to masses, someone whos gonna pay 30k for a car will more likely go the risk of trying a new brand than someone whos supposed to spend 130k.

Otherwise i see this brand bankrupt within 5 years without goverment subsidizing.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,768
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ofcourse, some countries are preparing not to allow any new combustion engine vehicles to the roads as early as 2030s, not much time for R&D thats still needed for electric cars.
I don't think it's viable in Turkey with temperatures reaching -20 degree in some places. Heck my cousin is still driving a Dogan.

I sincerily hope that TOGG finds a solution to the battery. Buying a car and having to pay ½ new price for a battery is not very economic.

I liked GUNSEL from TRNC and the business man who was involved in it seemed quite into it. So if it grow I imagine it's either because of expensive foreign parts or politics. I seriously hope that they make small variants too, POLO size with 250 km would be awesome :)

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,405
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think it's viable in Turkey with temperatures reaching -20 degree in some places.

These cars must be able to withstand -30 degrees Celsius in cities such as Kars, Ardahan, Erzurum and Ağrı. Meanwhile, in countries such as Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, the air temperature drops to -50 degrees in winter. I thought I'd remind you.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think it's viable in Turkey with temperatures reaching -20 degree in some places. Heck my cousin is still driving a Dogan.

I sincerily hope that TOGG finds a solution to the battery. Buying a car and having to pay ½ new price for a battery is not very economic.

I liked GUNSEL from TRNC and the business man who was involved in it seemed quite into it. So if it grow I imagine it's either because of expensive foreign parts or politics. I seriously hope that they make small variants too, POLO size with 250 km would be awesome :)
I think -20 should be no problem.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah and how do you plan to make profit?
Have you ever asked yourself why most luxury car manufacturers either got bankrupt or got swallowed by mass producers?

Besides, you can hardly ruin a brand image that does not exists yet, to prove your quality you have to produce quality and sell to masses, someone whos gonna pay 30k for a car will more likely go the risk of trying a new brand than someone whos supposed to spend 130k.

Otherwise i see this brand bankrupt within 5 years without goverment subsidizing.
A big fat NO to your assumptions and arguments here.

1. The electric car market is still a market that appeals primarily to high income consumers. This hasn't changed despite the global rising output.

2. This is not Volkswagen and we're not a well-known manufacturer of cars. The first automobile is going to generate international attention. Producing a cheap-ass car at this early stage would be a strategic mistake that would cost us dearly.
NO advertisement, marketing and/or media expert ever is going to recommend what you envision. The first car is going to set the tone and shape the image of the company deeply.

3. TOGG will not make profits for years to come in fact many of the cars will be subsidized by the Turkish taxpayers, still, the country's economy will benefit from this project immensely.

4. I haven't said that producing a car that is reliable for low-budget people is utterly wrong. It's most definitely on the agenda of TOGG already but now is not the time.

I can assure you that the company is not going to produce a halk arabası as its flagship which will be presented globally.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. The electric car market is still a market that appeals primarily to high income consumers. This hasn't changed despite the global rising output.
Is that why tesla rolled out model 3?

2. This is not Volkswagen and we're not a well-known manufacturer of cars. The first automobile is going to generate international attention. Producing a cheap-ass car at this early stage would be a strategic mistake that would cost us dearly.
NO advertisement, marketing and/or media expert ever is going to recommend what you envision. The first car is going to set the tone and shape the image of the company deeply.
Ok let me ask you something. Would you buy a made in China car that cost 130k? No, if it was maybe 20-30k then you might consider it but at this price you would go for established brands. There is no diference with made in Turkey products.

3. TOGG will not make profits for years to come in fact many of the cars will be subsidized by the Turkish taxpayers, still, the country's economy will benefit from this project immensely.
It will never make a profit if it does not start to produce cheaper cars, you have to sell masses and thats only possible with cheap cars, espacially in a poor market like Turkeys.

4. I haven't said that producing a car that is reliable for low-budget people is utterly wrong. It's most definitely on the agenda of TOGG already but now is not the time.
Which is the wrong approach, the biggest brands only got succesful once they figured out how to sell cars to broad masses, Ford, Toyota, Volkswagen etc. etc.

I can assure you that the company is not going to produce a halk arabası as its flagship which will be presented globally.
You have to be succesful in your hometurf before making the step abroad.
Whom do you want to sell those cars, germans, Americans or Pakistanis? How is the image of Turkish products in those premium markets? Would any german that you know buy a Made in Turkey car, espacially first of its kind?

Be a little bit realistic, you expect to sell a premium car internationally, Premium customer have other expectations from a brand, its not only the car itself but the after sales experince too. The target markets have no shortage on established brands.
Take Chinese brands as exsample, they all began in their own market first and then started expanding but even they didnt make it into premium markets of the west yet, what makes you think TOGG will have more success?

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I agree with xenon5434, you don't start with 130k right out of the gate. 30k might be a bit cheap but that range of 30k-50k seems perfect for a first product.

The ideal is to produce an affordable but relatively high-quality car right out of the gate. You don't start with luxury models until you've made your mark if you want your product to be widespread.

Not to mention that you have to think of the general public. How will they react to having their tax money going towards subsidizing a car that 90% of them have no hope of affording for the next 5-10 years?

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I suppose if you understand the narrative behind the logo - Anatolia, the point where Europe and Asia meet, then it sort of makes sense.

Its a bit of a shame the didn't keep the old design (without a grill) - this new decision just makes the car seem a bit too bulky. After all, its an electric vehicle so the grill no longer has a function. See attached photo of electric Mustang as a reference

1640908758800.png

Perhaps the covered grill will be an additional customisation, or an indication of what type/range the vehicle is.

On the bright side, the interior looks sleek and luckily they didn't follow throw with turning the mirros into cameras.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom