TR Casual Discussion TOGG - Türkiye's Automotive Joint Venture Group

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the US, Tesla costs 15 minimum wage. Similarly in Europe.

In Turkiye, Togg costs 115 minimum wage.

Make the evaluation based on these. The fact that it is local and national must mean something in terms of costs, right?

Do you think that every single person in Germany can afford the latest model of Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen or Audi? The prices revealed by TOGG are excellent and highly competitive.

We do not live in a Communist regime where every one has to be equally poor and malnourished.

TOGG, even in it's most basic version, is not a Halk arabası ('people's car' aka 'Volkswagen') that is affordable for every Tom, Dick and Harry. This was never ever the plan to begin with, not even in its earliest stage of the project.

Just don't lie to yourselves. An SUV was never within the reach of the average Turkish family. Don't act as if these facts are totally unexpected and brand new information.

Who do you think should pay for your private car? The government? Learn to pay for your own stuff, don't expect everything from the state.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Configurator is online
1678825515434.png

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tesla built an expensive sports car to earn money to produce a less expensive car to produce the Tesla Model 3, which is their entry level model for the mass market.

Now Turkey is a different story and not everyone will be able to buy a 45k € car, which would be entry level-ish in many other countries. But that car can finance the next cheaper models, which would be more attractive to the mass market.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,812
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Togg's production planning starts with the C-Suv and the second model is the C-sedan/ C-X coupe. They can't go down to affordable prices without producing in the B segment. Production, parts and assembly costs are more or less obvious. I think the reason why they started with the C segment is related to the low production capacity in the first 3-4 years. When the production numbers approaches 200K annually, B segment vehicles will come to the fore. Of course, how the brand wants to position itself is also important here. However, if we take the first announced prices as a reference to the brand's long-term policy, it looks like it will try to be quite competitive, at least in the domestic market.

edit: Also, in the summer, Togg's T10x prices on the yellow site will be much higher than the announced today. Right now, everyone who wants to buy the vehicle sees it as an investment.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,094
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Australia, Teslas are considered to be luxury cars.

They are common on roads but still way off for the average family to buy.

Even if the average family is way off they will go buy another luxury brand car like bmw, audi or mercedes.

If you are a working class family there are other options. My mum drives a mitsubshi mirage small mini hatchback that does the job.

Suvs need to be phased out of our roads. They are fat, useless and killing people.

You have people in Australia paying 200k for a ugly suv that cant even do offroad by the way. Tasteless!!

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Its a private venture and %99 percent of that car uses foreign parts.

ordering parts and putting them together inside of turkey doesn't make a "milli car".

What determines the nationality of a product is not the parts but the assembled product.

thinking like yours is the reason why Turkey can't become an advanced country since it is that type of thinking that leads Turkish companies to concentrate on parts manufacturing instead of product manufacturing.

Last edited:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG should have at least 400km range in all of their base models.

When i‘m looking for a EV the first thing i would care about is the max range with one charge. The Hyundai IONIQ 5 starts from €48k with 450km range, so when TOGG costs 40-45k why should someone choose it instead the Hyundai?

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There's high taxation in Turkey so not a perfect comparison, but:
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range (around 350 km range) 48k €
Tesla Model 3 Long Range (around 600 km) 58k €

But the first TOGG is an SUV, I think comparable Tesla SUVs cost 60k+ but with higher ranges.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG should have at least 400km range in all of their base models.

When i‘m looking for a EV the first thing i would care about is the max range with one charge. The Hyundai IONIQ 5 starts from €48k with 450km range, so when TOGG costs 40-45k why should someone choose it instead the Hyundai?
The range of a Hyundai IONIQ 5 is 384 km. I won't pay almost 500.000 TRY extra to be able to drive 70km further than its next competitor.

All in all, I'm happy. It really looks like TOGG is going to find its place in the global market. The next few steps are going to be crucial, though, and they will most certainly show us in which direction the company is heading.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,094
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tesla built an expensive sports car to earn money to produce a less expensive car to produce the Tesla Model 3, which is their entry level model for the mass market.

Now Turkey is a different story and not everyone will be able to buy a 45k € car, which would be entry level-ish in many other countries. But that car can finance the next cheaper models, which would be more attractive to the mass market.

Tesla roadster was even built with help from Lotus.

Nothing wrong in getting help.

The thing is togg needs to make a nice small electric hatchback and make it affordable for the Turkish family.

They dont need a suv.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,094
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Tale of governments.

Japanese government tell its brands to make lighter and smaller cars so its affordable while the American government tells its brands to make fat, heavy and useless suvs.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tesla roadster was even built with help from Lotus.

Nothing wrong in getting help.

The thing is togg needs to make a nice small electric hatchback and make it affordable for the Turkish family.

They dont need a suv.
By now they only have the production abilty of 20k every year

A a country of 85M i think we still have 20k family can buy this one

When our production abilty become 1M,we will make a car affordable for the Turkish family.

What shall we do is to cut the parts import form China ASAP,

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,094
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
By now they only have the production abilty of 20k every year

A a country of 85M i think we still have 20k family can buy this one

When our production abilty become 1M,we will make a car affordable for the Turkish family.

What shall we do is to cut the parts import form China ASAP,

Chinese cars are crap it pisses me how so many brands are using shitty parts from China.

While charging the premium for it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,094
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turks actually came to close buying saab cars.

If only that materialised but the GM c*nts refused to sell and preferred if saab died off.

Gm actually for decades took millions of Australian tax paying money. It was the biggest robbery in our country.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Expect TOGG to cost ~%15 less in Europe . It will be an excellent value product for the European market. It will be a great bargain if you also count European grants for EVs and 5-10 year vehicle tax exemptions.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Die Preise für das Einstiegsmodell des T10X mit Heckantrieb beginnen bei 953.000 Türkische Lira (rund 48.000 Euro inklusive 18% Mehrwertsteuer und 10% Sonderverbrauchssteuer).

In Germany, TOGG is going to cost approx. 48.000 € including all kinds of taxes.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Q
Chinese cars are crap it pisses me how so many brands are using shitty parts from China.

While charging the premium for it.
40%tax to Chinese cars is good idea 100% is better.

And togg still use Chinese battery.we have to replace it by our products asap

Top Bottom