Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The consortium, which includes Turkish businessmen and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ) teams, is in talks to acquire American business jet manufacturer SyberJet Aircraft. If the deal is reached, a majority stake in the company is planned to be purchased.

The manufacturer, whose production line is located in San Antonio, Texas, was founded in 1959 as Swearingen. He produced propeller airplanes for many years. SA26 series turboprop aircraft have been sold to many parts of the world. By 1998, the company had produced over a thousand Merlin and Metro series aircraft. Most of these planes are still used by different companies.

Business jet designed

The company entered the business jet market in the late 1980s. The name of the firm was also Sino Swearingen. The aircraft, designated the SJ30, began to be developed. However, due to the economic crisis, it was sold to a Taiwan-based group for $25.3 million in 2005. For the first prototype of the developed aircraft, $700 million in R&D was spent.

The aircraft was redesigned after the Dubai-based second financing. The wingspan was extended by 1.8 meters and the fuselage length by 1.3 meters. The aircraft, called SJ30i, made its maiden flight on October 9, 2019. Testing and certification studies are still ongoing.

Price 8.5 million dollars

The SJ30i can reach speeds of 476 knots (881 km/h). Its cabin has a capacity of 6 to 8 seats. Its range is 2500 nautical miles (4630 km). The aircraft offers low altitude pressure to its passengers thanks to its special cabin design. In this way, you can travel on planes without getting tired. Thanks to this design, the SJ30i can reach an altitude of 49 thousand feet. The list selling price of the aircraft is $8.5 million.

images

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The consortium, which includes Turkish businessmen and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ) teams, is in talks to acquire American business jet manufacturer SyberJet Aircraft. If the deal is reached, a majority stake in the company is planned to be purchased.

The manufacturer, whose production line is located in San Antonio, Texas, was founded in 1959 as Swearingen. He produced propeller airplanes for many years. SA26 series turboprop aircraft have been sold to many parts of the world. By 1998, the company had produced over a thousand Merlin and Metro series aircraft. Most of these planes are still used by different companies.

Business jet designed

The company entered the business jet market in the late 1980s. The name of the firm was also Sino Swearingen. The aircraft, designated the SJ30, began to be developed. However, due to the economic crisis, it was sold to a Taiwan-based group for $25.3 million in 2005. For the first prototype of the developed aircraft, $700 million in R&D was spent.

The aircraft was redesigned after the Dubai-based second financing. The wingspan was extended by 1.8 meters and the fuselage length by 1.3 meters. The aircraft, called SJ30i, made its maiden flight on October 9, 2019. Testing and certification studies are still ongoing.

The SJ30i can reach speeds of 476 knots (881 km/h). Its cabin has a capacity of 6 to 8 seats. Its range is 2500 nautical miles (4630 km). The aircraft offers low altitude pressure to its passengers thanks to its special cabin design. In this way, you can travel on planes without getting tired. Thanks to this design, the SJ30i can reach an altitude of 49 thousand feet. The list selling price of the aircraft is $8.5 million.

images

Only makes sense if it gets relocated to Türkiye.
We need to expand our own aviation ecosystem and not bail out somebody else's.
The TF6000 engine can possibly be used on this plane.
This is a niche market plane with few customers.
It only makes sense if a lot of aspects are fully aligned and a reasonable price is asked.

Our national companies should take the risks and develop electric planes for regional transportation and also hypersonic small passenger planes that combine turbine power with ramjet and rocket engines.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a good step. We need those kinds of planes for both civilian and military use. This can also pave the way for a possible future passenger plane similar to Airbus A320/21 and Boeing 737.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Business jet designed

images

Engine is an attainable, older design RR, as I remember. So why this sudden interest in an ordinary fuselage? TAI has a non-verbal project noone knows about?

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engine is an attainable, older design RR, as I remember. So why this sudden interest in an ordinary fuselage? TAI has a non-verbal project noone knows about?
My understanding is that TA has several projects they can't disclose.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is what I say bro, TAI requires several of the fuselage, so it must be an extensive project! Any words (or speculations) out there on a project that justifies this purchase?

The only other speculation that comes to mind is a TAI decision to lay hands on a viable set of alternatives, to those company has already been working on…

EDIT: There were rumours a while ago, on airborne command and control/signal relay stations to extend effective range of drone squadrons, any news/progress on this?
Not sure bro, I'll tag some for help.
@Cabatli_53 @Anmdt @Combat-Master @Stuka @Yasar

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SJ30i jet will be produced by BMH Aerospace institute in Ankara

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

so the deal went through?

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619

bad news

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
It was said months ago that the company will be bought by TAI - Businessmen. This is the logical thing, what should we do with the production? Is this your 737, what is the demand for you to earn money? But if you buy the company, you can plan for the longer term.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
So they didn't manage to buy the company that manufacture these jet ?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems BMH purchased all licence, production and export rights of SJ30 jet and its company. Production of aircraft is directly being transfered to Ankara. New variants can be developed as well.

I think Tusaş pioneered this company in purchasing the rights of this aircraft because in consortium negotiating for Syberjet company, TUSAŞ was the part of the team

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It was said months ago that the company will be bought by TAI - Businessmen. This is the logical thing, what should we do with the production? Is this your 737, what is the demand for you to earn money? But if you buy the company, you can plan for the longer term.

Why would they move manufacturing to Turkey if the company wasn't bought?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The company is bought with every right of it but the major market of the product is still the US market.
They will be able to develop further models as they go.

My wish is they develop a model with TEI made engines and Aselsan avionics down the road. It would be around 30 seat capacity.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I hope turkey consider developing sj30 to a bigger plane like the Embraer Praetor 600

The israeli p600 AEW is a aircraft based on the Embraer Praetor 600 business jet. Turkey could provide a cost effective AEW based on the sj30.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Another company that was struggling with problems in this class and its aircraft Eclipse Aviation 500/550, Turkish investors had interested in the past period, but expectations were not met.

Ankara-based BMH aviation seems to be working on a more comprehensive organization with MSC Aerospace SyberJet. Let's hope that these investments will have a positive impact on other different areas as well as civilian use.

The Sj30i is a business jet in the VLJ(very light jet) category. The order volume of this class is around 2000 jets in the 15-year period 2006-21. The market is largely dominated by Cessna(Citation/Mustang) and Embraer(Phenom). Although there are no definitive limits for this class, it is considered as MTOW below 11,000lb, cabin height below 5 ft and capacity under 10 person as VLJ class.

The SJ30i was actually an important project in that it can offer high cabin comfort (sea level cabin pressurization) and a flight range of up to 2500nmi with the same cabin width as market-leading aircrafts in this class. With the possible cost advantage to be provided in TR, this aircraft can achieve commercial success in sales figures. During the development and testing of the aircraft, there were many technical problems and more financial problems. The company was reorganized twice. Civil airworthiness tests have been going on for many years, and if this process is completed, it could be a factor that will accelerate the return on investment.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I hope turkey consider developing sj30 to a bigger plane like the Embraer Praetor 600

The israeli p600 AEW is a aircraft based on the Embraer Praetor 600 business jet. Turkey could provide a cost effective AEW based on the sj30.
The P600 AEW is equipped with a state-of-the-art, low-weight, high-efficiency dorsal-mount radar, utilizing GaN AESA technology integrated with an advanced AEW & C mission system, for various defense and security missions. Thanks to superior aircraft performance and an advanced mission system, the P600 AEW provides accurate and reliable long-range surveillance against all air and maritime threats at a fraction of the cost of today’s modern AEW systems.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

A Cyberjet derivative with a TF6000 core engine is nearly a Praetor 600.

Top Bottom