News Turkey moves from verbal to active provocations with research vessel “Cesme” in the Aegean

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you mean?
I want to ask you a few questions lets not speak on the already made 1000 times arguements.

1- There is a huge concern in here that your country is indebting a lot. Why does this bother us? Here people believe your country has basically become a puppet state of German and French banks and now will do anything EU wants from you. Since it is more beneficial for them to see Greece possessing those energy areas due to reasons above(to extract their debts etc) they arm you all they want(with Rafales etc) and even further indebt you. So they may even force you to a war to extract their debts with East Mediterranian energy profits. Does Greek public opinion think Greece lost its independence at all? Does anyone stand against further indebting by buying more weapons?

2- Did your media make any news about or discussed about new Turkish unmanned surface vessels: ULAQ?
Can you make a quick google search in the Greek side of internet if you havent noticed?

3- What does Greek analysts think of S400s? Erdogan is even talking about taking the second batches. Is there any discussion about whether getting new fighting jets is logical or not due to S400s?

4-
What is this guys deal?
His videos are translated to Turkish constantly and are watched with great interest. There are dedicated Youtube channels for him: Yunan Spiker.
He obviously isnt mainstream, is he like a Facebook uncle? Is he someone lobbying for Greece to purchase more weapons?

5- What is the fuss between Greecr and Germany about the submarine stuff?

You may ask your own questions if you want.

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
I want to ask you a few questions lets not speak on the already made 1000 times arguements.

1- There is a huge concern in here that your country is indebting a lot. Why does this bother us? Here people believe your country has basically become a puppet state of German and French banks and now will do anything EU wants from you. Since it is more beneficial for them to see Greece possessing those energy areas due to reasons above(to extract their debts etc) they arm you all they want(with Rafales etc) and even further indebt you. So they may even force you to a war to extract their debts with East Mediterranian energy profits. Does Greek public opinion think Greece lost its independence at all? Does anyone stand against further indebting by buying more weapons?

2- Did your media make any news about or discussed about new Turkish unmanned surface vessels: ULAQ?
Can you make a quick google search in the Greek side of internet if you havent noticed?

3- What does Greek analysts think of S400s? Erdogan is even talking about taking the second batches. Is there any discussion about whether getting new fighting jets is logical or not due to S400s?

4-
What is this guys deal?
His videos are translated to Turkish constantly and are watched with great interest. There are dedicated Youtube channels for him: Yunan Spiker.
He obviously isnt mainstream, is he like a Facebook uncle? Is he someone lobbying for Greece to purchase more weapons?

5- What is the fuss between Greecr and Germany about the submarine stuff?

You may ask your own questions if you want.
1) Our "independence" is long gone due to privatization, after the economic crisis and of course EU will benefit from our resources. As far as arming is concerned (rafales, etc.) i don't see why not? It's a great opportunity to get rid of the old ones (phantoms, etc.) which require a lot of money for maintenance, etc...also we are selling a lot of second hand, old equipment to other countries too!

2) I've heard about ULAQs from various Greek sites. Not from TV, they only show mainstream and important news.

3) Of course they are concerned about the S400s. All NATO members are! Especially the Americans that hate everything "made in Russia". Maybe the Rafales or some F35s are our answer! Who knows...

4) He's just a randon guy...unknown, second class journalist... i don't know why are you paying attention to him...

5) Greece wants Germany to stop selling stuff to Turkey. Simple as that!

S

Sinan

4) He's just a randon guy...unknown, second class journalist... i don't know why are you paying attention to him...
He is a very popular guy in Turkey. His videos are translated and watched immensely.

For example this video of him, watched almost 1 million times.

I think, he is the most popular Greek person in Turkey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, discussions here are on a very low quality. With one-liners etc....

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
He is a very popular guy in Turkey. His videos are translated and watched immensely.

For example this video of him, watched almost 1 million times.

I think, he is the most popular Greek person in Turkey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, discussions here are on a very low quality. With one-liners etc....
This guy is selling propaganda! No one is paying attention to him. Ignore him.

S

Sinan

This guy is selling propaganda! No one is paying attention to him. Ignore him.
Yeah, we are aware, many many things he says are non-sense. Nonetheless it's still fun to watch.

Also, we shouldn't generalize Greek people based on Ioannis Theodotratos, i hope everyone is aware of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forum. It's really good to have a Greek member. Don't hesisate use report button if someone crosses the line against you. Our moderation team is pretty strict with that.

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
Yeah, we are aware, many many things he says are non-sense. Nonetheless it's still fun to watch.

Also, we shouldn't generalize Greek people based on Ioannis Theodotratos, i hope everyone is aware of that.

Welcome to the forum. It's really good to have a Greek member. Don't hesisate use report button if someone crosses the line against you. Our moderation team is pretty strict with that.
Thank you for your kind words.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
well. turkey can do unhinged whatever they want to do in east mediteran, meanwhile table is opened for agreement, one squadron of rafales will not change that fact, greece of course can continue to ignore that fact and act irrationally.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece

Hello.
I can write only in English?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I already know that (6nm, etc...) , but still you haven't answered my question. What are you hopping to achieve with this ''research''?
Declaring our rights and border.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its the greek racist Vangerious from waff or something along those lines, Vagenious or some other shite.

Maybe focus more on the posts and report them if you think they break the rules, otherwise he's free to state his opinions?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
I tried to transfer my opinion from Google Translate(useful tool sometimes)because i have many years to use my english.
The Turkish NAVTEX issued for the research vessel Çeşme is not illegal due to the fact that geographically it belongs to international territorial waters since Greece has not extended its territorial waters to 12 nautical miles as it is entitled. According to the Law of the Sea any research vessel may conduct research in international waters but must obtain a permit from Greece because these international waters fall within its own Aegialitida Zone. This only applies to surface surveys because marine subsoil surveys automatically violate national where the Aegialitida Zone belongs. If the Turkish research ship does surface research in this area there is no problem. The issue is this though! What did this boat do over there while there is diplomatic and political tension between Greece and Turkey? How does this research help the exploratory contacts between the two countries? Çeşme cannot do in-depth research in the marine subsoil because it does not have the necessary technological infrastructure. In contrast to the Oruc Reis of Turkish Petroleum which did illegal searches with sonar cables 4-5 months ago. In my opinion Turkey is a pirate regional power because it has the military and geopolitical power to do so.
Thanks

Top Bottom