Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,735
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Relations with Israel wasn't good during Obama's era, what's going to change it now ?

Biden isn't going to be lenient ?

TBH I don't think it matters and Biden won't give a damn, since Israel has managed to fix relation with several countries on the paper as Trump goes out.

I don't see any benefit for Israel in fixing relations with Turkey.

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
turkey keeps loosing allies in europe
and with the usa during the s400 crisis which led to kick turkey out of f35 program
so they have to improve their relations with The Zionist entity to get the american support back

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,258
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Would be a wise move, but I don't trust "Al-monitor" because it's a UAE mouthpiece.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Natural gas pipe being the only one. But I was thinking of other factors.

It's not about gas or cooperation. Good relations with Israel will influence policy makers in Washington. Governmentis trying to use the Israelis to mend ties, soften the impact of the incoming sanctions.

Issue is, nowadays Israel is not as isolated as it was 10 years ago. So is Israel going to buy? Will Israel play cool?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,735
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not about gas or cooperation. Good relations with Israel will influence policy makers in Washington. Governmentis trying to use the Israelis to mend ties, soften the impact of the incoming sanctions.

Issue is, nowadays Israel is not as isolated as it was 10 years ago. So is Israel going to buy? Will Israel play cool?
That was exactly my point. I don't see any great gains for Israel to mend ties with Turkey since we're at loggerhead with all our neighbors.

They're not isolated, even fixing relations with Sudan and such, KSA is about to fall too. (Marocco, Algeria etc. not even worth mentioning imo).

And Syria divided, and terrorists allowed to manifest a nation to our south.

Assad is a puppet that can't exist without Russia. Iran is toothless, can't even help Assad gain control of the country.

Theoretically only Turkey poses a threat to Israel, not existencial, but like a reminder of the Palestinian cause.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Could be that the AKP see’s an opportunity If grandpa Biden is going to get chummy with the Persians - as most reports/opinions suggest.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Clickbait propoganda article

"Amberin Zaman" FETO-PKK sympathizer based off US

Both countries are one of their top trade partners

Turkey has good relations with Israel

Last edited: