Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What's this weird obsession with Turkish Kurds by some Iranian users? They really believe that a Sunni Kurd from Turkey is somehow secretly in love with them. Go to Eastern Anatolia and call them Iranian and you're gonna wake up in the hospital the next day. It's a derogatory term. I've met so many Kurds from very different parties and movements but not once I witnessed a pan-Iranian mindset.

Persians are pretty racist towards Kurds despite both being Iranic.

Persians especially Persian nationalists believe all Iranic peoples should be under their control.

Khomeini even called Kurds as devils.

tta

Reactions
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am I the only Turkish citizen who upset about the poem and not feel proud or anything.

Criticism against Erdogans Turkey is being neo Ottoman. And after all these wars and shits he goes and recites a plan about Turkicsin Iran. Is the race so important for us now all of the sudden?

What is your opinion about Kurds in Turkey then?

What is your argument about being a peacefuland just country in the region. After one just war you are eying other regions. It's just shameful.

And beyond that the timeline is so so so appropriate for Isreal-Iran-Trump/Biden issues.

The surprising thing is that majority of the Turkish people in Twitter is supporting this notion that Turkic/Turan dream.

I am too loving the non Islamic Turan with beliefs has more Tengrist aspects rather than Abrahamic religion. And ofc positive science is the leader of the progressive motion. BUT look at the Turks in the world. Ataturk's Turks are the only people that I can go behind.

MAJORWIERDCHAMP

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am I the only Turkish citizen who upset about the poem and not feel proud or anything.

Criticism against Erdogans Turkey is being neo Ottoman. And after all these wars and shits he goes and recites a plan about Turkicsin Iran. Is the race so important for us now all of the sudden?

What is your argument about being a peacefuland just country in the region. After one just war you are eying other regions. It's just shameful.

And beyond that the timeline is so so so appropriate for Isreal-Iran-Trump/Biden issues.

The surprising thing is that majority of the Turkish people in Twitter is supporting this notion that Turkic/Turan dream.

I am too loving the non Islamic Turan with beliefs has more Tengrist aspects rather than Abrahamic religion. And ofc positive science is the leader of the progressive motion. BUT look at the Turks in the world. Ataturk's Turks are the only people that I can go behind.

MAJORWIERDCHAMP

Majority of the Turkic or Pan Turanists were Muslims.

By the way when Enver Pasha became sehit he gripped into his Quran and charged the enemy.

Zeki Velidi Togan was thrown into prison by Ismet Inonu the Dud.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Yes most most the claims came from the Azeri side like claiming nizami or babak or Zoroaster and many more as for the Safavids they were of mixed origin yes the Turkish language was the dominate when they were in Tabriz but that’s was no longer the case when they moved to Isfahan
do you know that there is Babak in real history...? its a Russian mowie to make our people hate Muslim arabs.. kinda he fighted against them...
just look at SHah Ismail Xetai, he made Turkish language the main language of the Safavids. tell me now, what we changed there? nothing. but farsi people claim Safawids to their name, but they only came to power in 20th century with Shah

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

MAJORWIERDCHAMP
When you got teknoloji adwantage, you gotta use it... Russia, Iran were not able to win Safawids, until artillery they used, when they got teknology adwantage, they got all these area, now its our turn to take it bak

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq
do you know that there is Babak in real history...? its a Russian mowie to make our people hate Muslim arabs.. kinda he fighted against them...
just look at SHah Ismail Xetai, he made Turkish language the main language of the Safavids. tell me now, what we changed there? nothing. but farsi people claim Safawids to their name, but they only came to power in 20th century with Shah
Well yes babak was Iranian who fought against Arabs and Islam but modern nationalists with history revisionism try to say he was turk who fought against Arabs to liberate Azerbaijan which is false nationalistic claim

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well yes babak was Iranian who fought against Arabs and Islam but modern nationalists with history revisionism try to say he was turk who fought against Arabs to liberate Azerbaijan which is false nationalistic claim

Babak was not Turk but he came from what is now modern day Azerbaijan.

You gotta remember Azerbaijanis are a mix of Turkic, Iranic and Caucausian peoples hence why it makes sense to see Babak as some national hero. Because Azerbaijanis can claim heritage with Turkic, Iranic and Caucasian history because they descended from these 3 peoples. It depends on Azerbaijanis themselves.

A lot of figures in the past have always been molded to fit into modern day nationalism and giving identity to a modern nation state.

Every country needs figures, legends and myths to promote the continuity of the past with the present.

Last edited:

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq

You gotta remember Azerbaijanis are a mix of Turkic, Iranic and Caucausian peoples hence why it makes sense to see Babak as some national hero. Because Azerbaijanis can claim heritage with Turkic, Iranic and Caucasian history because they descended from these 3 peoples. It depends on Azerbaijanis themselves.

A lot of figures in the past have always been molded to fit into modern day nationalism and giving identity to a modern nation state.

Every country needs figures, legends and myths to promote the continuity of the past with the present.
It’s not the case of taking babak as hero for both Iran and Azerbaijan but the case that they say he was Turkish who fought against Arabs that’s a false statement he wasn’t a turk at all. There are many countries who share the same historical figures like Germany and France share charlmange legacy

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

there is no Babak in History... its just a lie...

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq
Persians are pretty racist towards Kurds despite both being Iranic.

Persians especially Persian nationalists believe all Iranic peoples should be under their control.

Khomeini even called Kurds as devils.
Kurds are just local Mesopotamian and Anatolians who converted to iranic languages because from my experience a kurd from Anatolia look more Armenian then Persian also the kurds in Iraq look more like Chaldeans and Assyrians then Persian while the lurs and bakhtiaris doesn’t looked different from any other Persian.

the Kurds are gutians, karduchis, kassians, mitanis,hurrians,hittites,Mesopotamians, and dozen other groups who were assimilated by incoming iranic invaders like the Medes

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Kurds are just local Mesopotamian and Anatolians who converted to iranic languages because from my experience a kurd from Anatolia look more Armenian then Persian also the kurds in Iraq look more like Chaldeans and Assyrians then Persian while the lurs and bakhtiaris doesn’t looked different from any other Persian.

the Kurds are gutians, karduchis, kassians, mitanis,hurrians,hittites,Mesopotamians, and dozen other groups who were assimilated by incoming iranic invaders like the Medes

The Kurds of Turkey definitely look indistinguishable from your common Armenian. As for the Iranian, the common non Turk/Azeri citizen of Iran looks typically middle eastern.

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq
The Kurds of Turkey definitely look indistinguishable from your common Armenian. As for the Iranian, the common non Turk/Azeri citizen of Iran looks typically middle eastern.
It depends of the region because the Kurds observed many Arab and Armenians so there are different looks Diyar bakr for example was inhabited by bani bakr tribe that’s why it took its name from name from that tribe. The tribes of barazanchi, talabani and jaff are claimed to be kurdified Arabs the Baban noble family which had emirate in the past claimed to be descendants from the abbasids who fled from mongols after the sack of Baghdad in the Malik shahi tribe the claim to be descendants from the Seljuks through Malik shah bloodline and don’t forget there was many Turkmens who got kurdified like the donboli tribe

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom