Contributor
Reactions
5 3,555
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
US knows S-400 pretty well already.

Buying weapons from country which kills ur soldiers shows respect and backbone? :rolleyes:

The S-400 is waste of money trash, yet do you believe that even without the purchase of it Turkey would have gotten the F-35s?
The purchase of it is just a dumb excuse to take Turkey out of the program, not to give us the planes we already paid for and to sanction us. We all know the real reasons why it all happened.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
The S-400 is waste of money trash, yet do you believe that even without the purchase of it Turkey would have gotten the F-35s?
The purchase of it is just a dumb excuse to take Turkey out of the program, not to give us the planes we already paid for and to sanction us. We all know the real reasons why it all happened.
Actually s-400 contract was political more than military because it was a pressure tool on the us over northern Syria issue according to bolton so it means
Northern Syria question resolved = s-400 crisis over

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes! But not when I had wrıtten this 5 days ago. In fact I had then realised that our side was jumping the gun! Cavusoglu should have checked properly what the pentagon was asking for before jumping on the band wagon!
How do you know that it's his fault? Perhaps it was a communication mistake caused by the Americans?

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
The S-400 is waste of money trash,
S-400 is not trash, but SAMs in general nowadays are vulnerable and not effective vs cruise missiles which can attack safely under the radar. This 2 billion system can be easily destroyed with several cruise missiles.

yet do you believe that even without the purchase of it Turkey would have gotten the F-35s?
No its not excuse at all. The F-35 RCS profile is one of the most preserved secrets of the USA. No one wants to risk 1 trillion program.

In same time US has huge interest in Turkey and Turkey really needs the F-35s. So I am sure they will find some solution sooner or later.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Same thing man, unfortunatelly soldiers are not part of bargaining chips amd appeal on that is childish, i tought you knew that.
You said buying S-400 is matter of respect. Thats why I wondered. No its some dirty deals. And Erdogan made a huge miscalculation. If he wanted to please his friend Vlad he could buy Yakhont missiles for example. They are both more useful than the S-400 and not nearly as harmful to US-Turkey relations.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
You said buying S-400 is matter of respect. Thats why I wondered. No its some dirty deals. And Erdogan made a huge miscalculation. If he wanted to please his friend Vlad he could buy Yakhont missiles for example. They are both more useful than the S-400 and not nearly as harmful to US-Turkey relations.
So, only unilateral approach is in existance, respect, muddy deals, betrayals, that is all part of the game and not exluded per se. Us, ordinary mortals, can have narrow insight on the events as presented and based by affiliation give some opinion which has not to be 100percemt factual amd right, hope i was clear enough.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,291
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Senate didn't allowed sigsauer sell weapons to the presidential guards. S400 was an excuses nothing more, if we would have listen to Americans what would be next? Call your ships form Libya and Greece EEZ?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
77 16,325
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes! But not when I had wrıtten this 5 days ago. In fact I had then realised that our side was jumping the gun! Cavusoglu should have checked properly what the pentagon was asking for before jumping on the band wagon!
When it comes to such issues the Ministry of Foreign Affairs always tends to say what it wished for as a result of X negotiations even if the outcome is still positive but not to the extend they expected. The same goes for the negotiations we make with both US and Russia in terms of security matters. I remember how Lavrov for example was coming with statements comparable to that of the Pentagon when we were negotiating on Syria. I think it may be some kind of "trick" or a "technique" which the MoFA is using to force their narrative.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
59 29,044
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Buying weapons from country which kills ur soldiers shows respect and backbone? :rolleyes:
Can you say these same words in the US? The USA caused the martyrdom of tens of thousands of our soldiers with its support to the PKK. Should we ignore this aspect of the matter, from your point of view?
The USA tried to make a coup in this country with the fetö. Where should we put this?

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Can you say these same words in the US? The USA caused the martyrdom of tens of thousands of our soldiers with its support to the PKK. Should we ignore this aspect of the matter, from your point of view?
The USA tried to make a coup in this country with the fetö. Where should we put this?
PKK was supported by Assad which was on its turn supported by USSR, not by US.

If you check resent events then Turkish helicopter was shot down by Russian Igla (not Stinger) and tanks were hit by Kornets (not Javelins).

And what happened in Syria was direct and deliberate attack by Russia. Tukey gave Russia coordinates of their convoys and they deliberately attacked them (same exactly thing they did when UN passed coordinates of hospitals to Russia).

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
59 29,044
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
PKK was supported by Assad which was on its turn supported by USSR, not by US.

If you check resent events then Turkish helicopter was shot down by Russian Igla (not Stinger) and tanks were hit by Kornets (not Javelins).

And what happened in Syria was direct and deliberate attack by Russia. Tukey gave Russia coordinates of their convoys and they deliberately attacked them (same exactly thing they did when UN passed coordinates of hospitals to Russia).
I don't say there was no problem with the Russians.
However, you seem to ignore the US support for the PKK both in Syria and Iraq.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom