Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,489
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even before its official announcement "Wilayah Turkiya" existed. The problem is that ISIS activity at the moment is coordinated with Al-Qaeda activity. After Yerlikaya became the new Minister of Interior Affairs some actions were taken against the Al-Qaeda branch, but cooperation still exists. Salafi extremism ideology is still pushed hard and the network goes beyond Turkish borders, even into the EU.

The behavior of this ambassador was totally immature. Yes, the matter of ISIS fighters residing in Turkiye is not a matter that should be discussed openly in such meetings, but as a diplomat instead of acting like this he should have responded in a more mature way.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,489
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is passing knowledge. Most if not all ISIS attacks in Turkey were either undertaken by Turkish nationals or by those with Central Asian ancestry. Reina attack was made by an Uzbek, Dokumacılar group was responsible for Ankara, Suruç and Diyarbakır, 2016 Taksim attack was made by a Turkish national as well. Only Sultanahmet attack was made by a Syrian.

-
Gulmurod Khalimov, ex-commander of the Tajik Police SOF is an interesting case of a man from Central Asia going to the top of ISIS.

1706556439620.png

A very interesting documentary on the matter:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,489
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

MW/TKD: Islamic State Khurasan (ISKP) Continues to Vilify Turkey’s Role in the Middle East and Afghanistan​

"Official" ISIS website for Turkiye.

ISIS activity around the world.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,633
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Why is it called an armed attack on a person and not a terrorist attack? The wording is really weird.

"We condemn in the strongest terms the armed attack on a person during a service at the Santa Maria Church in Sarıyer, Istanbul, and express our condolences to the family of the person who lost his life.

Our security forces are conducting a large-scale investigation to shed light on the incident and to bring the perpetrators to justice."

Same with minister of interior - it was an assassination attempt ? Or to avoid drawing attention to ISIS and making them popular ?

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
The country is filled to the brim with terrorists. 30 raids don't matter in the big picture. Who would have guessed by opening the border in the worlds worst geography where there are more terrorists than normal People that it will destablize the Country. Don't have to be a genius for that...

Honestly the open border policy fu**ed that country to the highest level. Basically what they did is bring a disease that growed and spreaded all over the country like a cancer. And to be completely honest, I don't know if there's still a chance to undo all that shit and get back like it was before, or if it is already to late to do anything about it.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Every time when Turkey stands up against Israel, something strange happens.

Israel and USA are bombing muslim people right now, and ISIS radicals just go to Istanbul to attack a church? Why not attacking Israel or USA?

Expect a big attack in South Africa carried out by underground muslim group.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,030
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
give me the link, most of the isis fighters where either Arab jihadis or saddam sunni army's soldiers and officer

Majority of isis are Arabs including upper echelons but also lots of volunteers from the former Soviet Union.

Isis higher ups trusted foreigners more to be foot soldiers than their own Arabs because you know Arabs deep down dont trust each other while a foreigner deep down has nothing to lose.

I did not mean the majority as most of them were Iraqi but their volunteers lots of them came from the former soviet union. In the West lots of European went to fight for Isis or Aq but also lots from immigrant communities.

Collapse of the Soviet Union led to lots of Mercs and Arms dealers.

Its not a black and white issue its really complex.

Al Shishani the Chechen/Georgian fought against Russia in the Georgian army in 2008. While Yilmaz served in the Dutch army.

We studied this in class about Islamist groups and Communist groups.

Islamist terror groups see their struggle in a religious point of view not racial while communist terror groups see their struggle as a class struggle rather than religious or racial.

Far right groups like Neo Nazis see it as cultural and racial. Far right began to employ Non whites as they realise if they are going to impose their worldview they cant hold full blown racial views.

Nick Fuentes sees his far right struggle mainly in a catholic traditional view. Most white supremacists come from Protestant backgrounds and groups like the KKK were full blown anti catholic to the core.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,030
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Israel and USA are bombing muslim people right now, and ISIS radicals just go to Istanbul to attack a church? Why not attacking Israel or USA?

We always believed that Isis, aq, shining path, pkk and other terror groups are to be feared.

Thats what the media kept on telling us until you realise they are just proxy groups that used as pawns by the bigger powers.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,056
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Please more facts and less unhinged speculation.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,273
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Enough facts if you search and pay attentiom from time to time.

Example:

May 2021: Erdogan criticize Israel with harsh statements at the international arena because of the Al Aqsa Mosque protests.

July 2021: Wildfires in the Turkish riviera begins.
I think you're overrating Mossad and at the same time albeit unintentionally, undermining Turkish intelligence.
The example you gave of July wildfires were not only in Türkiye but at least a dozen other countries including Greece.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,056
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Enough facts if you search and pay attentiom from time to time.

Example:

May 2021: Erdogan criticize Israel with harsh statements at the international arena because of the Al Aqsa Mosque protests.

July 2021: Wildfires in the Turkish riviera begins.

You dont understand, this is a serious forum - please act like it.
I saw you bring in Israel in at least three threads with little to none context. Give context, give us sources, make your posts worthwhile.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,633
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

An Enduring Challenge: ISIS-linked Foreigners in Türkiye​

Numerous foreign nationals with ties to ISIS have come to Türkiye since the group’s defeat in Iraq and Syria. This population presents officials with complex questions, one of which is what threat individuals might still pose. The predicament calls for a multi-pronged strategy.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,489
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

An Enduring Challenge: ISIS-linked Foreigners in Türkiye​

Numerous foreign nationals with ties to ISIS have come to Türkiye since the group’s defeat in Iraq and Syria. This population presents officials with complex questions, one of which is what threat individuals might still pose. The predicament calls for a multi-pronged strategy.
This is a strategy that is aiming at making them comfortable entering Turkiye. High ranking DEASH leaders were captured or killed both in Turkiye and Turkish controlled areas before. While they have some level of freedom in Turkiye it is a way to bail them. The negatives of this strategy is that the numbers of fighters is high and they plot attacks. Till now I think we are doing a good job by preventing them, with a few exceptions unfortunately.

A positive of this strategy is that we are close, we have embedded operatives within their structure, know what happens from inside. Unfortunately we are not able to send to jail every detainee, but trough the operations we are gathering intelligence on the group including their plans in the country and abroad. For example an intelligence gathered in Turkiye led to a cooperation with the Iraqi authorities which then shared the intelligence with other services and all this led to the killing of Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi. The role of Turkiye against DEASH is always neglected while Turkiye is one of the most active countries in this regard and Turkiye's contribution is of critical importance.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 218
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From a senior OSINT account, regarding latest attack:

"I was not online yesterday. ISIS attacked a church in Istanbul yesterday. I couldn't understand the attack video."

-"The attackers are not trying to kill. The first one to enter hits the person in front of him with the butt of his gun. After a while, the gun jams."

-"I couldn't figure out what he was trying to shoot. I looked to see if there was anything out of the frame there, and there was a large Pieta-style painting on the wall."

-"He turns from the (exit) door and tries to shoot in the same direction again. While trying to fix the malfunction at the 24th second, the gun fires. The one who lost his life was probably hit by that fire."

-"I wonder if the terrorists were trying to take the people in the church hostage. If they wanted to kill, there would be at least 8-10 dead under these conditions. He stubbornly targets the wall, not the one trying to jump off the bench right in front of him."

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,056
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is one guy here for almost 3 months spreading fake debunked news like beheaded babies, human shields and rockets made of UN developmentmoney.

I never saw one moderator asking him for sources.

Report and we will take care and whataboutism doesnt make your posts better.
End of discussion, take it to the Admin forums if you need further clarification.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,800
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The terrorists which attacked the Santa Maria church were captured!. I think at least one of them fell down the stairs.

View attachment 65188

Do we know from which country those people are?
I mean citizens of which country

I did check couple of news sources.
They saying that one is ruzzian and other is tajikistan
About 1 year ago both entered Turkiye via car with Poland license number

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,525
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we know from which country those people are?
I mean citizens of which country

I did check couple of news sources.
They saying that one is ruzzian and other is tajikistan
About 1 year ago both entered Turkiye via car with Poland license number
It was announced as a Tajik and a Russian national.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom