Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice! Any signs that turkey would want to use its experience on manufacturing any transport aircraft similar to the A400? I read about the possible cooperation with antonov.
Aselsan and Antonov signed a memorandum of understanding in 2017 to cooperate on avionic systems and special mission equipment. In the first phase, the two companies aimed to provide avionics systems and special mission equipments for An-148/158/178 aircrafts which planned to be produced by Antonov.

The parties were not only limited to the western standardization of Antonov as the main purpose, but also continued their negotiations on comprehensive cooperation, especially the variants of An-178 and project An-188 aircraft, in line with the needs of the TAF. Several more related agreements were signed in the following years. But when the Russian invasion of Ukraine started, all these works seem to have been interrupted or, probably, frozen due to conditions for a while.

Also an another interrupted process is on the side of aerial refueling aircrafts in terms of TAF needs. (Although there has been some news about the A330 MRTT in recent years, this is another of the air force's most problematic issues, both political barriers and in terms of resource planning.) And, although a program has not been officially launched, another process was about the need for long-range and high-speed MPA aircraft. Therefore, cooperation with Antonov had very serious potential. Turkiye's possible support to Antonov projects was also important for Ukrainian aviation to get rid of Russian dependency on both the client and supply side and reach a structure that will have a global presence.

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
And yet Turkey was planning to replace all of its air force fleet with F35s

I will say it a million times; not getting the F35s was truly a blessing in disguise! Not only did Turkey speed up its TFX amd Hurjet programs but also ensured that the Turkish Air Force wont become crippled for the next 10-20 years while paying billions of govt money to the US

The F35 is clearly a failed project till date! Until they fix its flaws, the plane will be even less useful than a bloody Mi (Russian) helicopter

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats the problem I love the F35 because it looks good also a top notch plane with its weapon systems.

While at the same time a unreliable piece of shit.

If anybody loves cars they need to have an Alfa Romeo while every Airforce needs to have the F35.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
As I was leaving the Hotel (attended conference 'Energy Intelligence Forum 2022') I was staying at I saw Hulusi Akar come in with bunch of high ranking generals :D Big deals on the way, for sure !

Possible negotiation topics should be directly related to the air force. MMU engine, EF Typhoons etc.
What is happening? And where ? Do you guys realize that, some of us can't read turkish ?😕

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
What is happening? And where ? Do you guys realize that, some of us can't read turkish ?😕
there is a translate button under tweets, if you can't see it, updating the Twitter may help.

But yes adding a translated part before posting would be ok

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you click on the video, it is possible to understand without the need for any explanation or translation of the tweet. The Turkish Minister of National Defense is meeting with his British counterpart with a high-level delegation. As you can tell from the official ceremony, this meeting takes place in England. And, as you can see from the additional photos, this meeting takes place in a very sincere environment beyond diplomatic norms.

The part of that needs clarification may be related to the possible main agenda of this meeting, and I expressed my opinion on that subject.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eurofighter

20221006_204116.jpg
20221006_204110.jpg
20221006_204106.jpg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
When you click on the video, it is possible to understand without the need for any explanation or translation of the tweet. The Turkish Minister of National Defense is meeting with his British counterpart with a high-level delegation. As you can tell from the official ceremony, this meeting takes place in England. And, as you can see from the additional photos, this meeting takes place in a very sincere environment beyond diplomatic norms.

The part of that needs clarification may be related to the possible main agenda of this meeting, and I expressed my opinion on that subject.
Thank you for your clarification. My bad, a lot of time i confused turkish minister of national defence with somebody else 😂.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Does anybody know, if uk can produce all parts of eurofighter and ej200 engine on its own without german involvement ?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
hope a typhoon deal will come out of this

Highly likely.

“There are 30 Typhoon Tranche 1 aircraft in the sustainment fleet and the projected average flying hours for each of the aircraft, when they reach their respective out-of-service date, is 2,544.8 flying hours,” Heappey said.

With the Typhoon notionally rated to an airframe life of 6,000 hours, 2,544.8 hours represent just 42.4% of airframe use. With this figure being averaged out across the fleet, a number of the more recently delivered aircraft will have flown significantly fewer hours than this. Of the 53 Tranche 1 aircraft received by the Royal Air Force (RAF), 30 remain in the inventory. Of these, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) told Janes that 20 are in active service while the remaining 10 are in storage.

-----

Turkey could get around 10-15 early T1(R2) variants quickly, and use those aircrafts for training with a subsequent new-build order of another 30-40 T4 variants with latest capability. That would give Turkish Airforce an edge over the next 10 years whilst TF-X matures.

The only issue is, what do we do with F-16s ?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only issue is, what do we do with F-16s ?
existing blk30s and 40s should be subjected to Ozgur treatment ASAP.
as for the upgrading of blk50s to blk70s, we must wait for conditions in the US congress to take shape. if the preconditions previously mentioned go through all the way, we'll tell'em to fuck off and start the litigation procedures for our 1.5 B$. we must also start giving the Blk50's the Ozgur procedure as well. no need to follow through with the deals of a dealbreaker.
the question on my mind is, could we ever possibly find a way to upgrade those T1's to modern standards? surely there must be a way to figure it out?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom