Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
That's an unreasonable statement. The russian air force has barely participated in the invasion, even the little that they have done they've done it with cold war planes. If they offer SU-35 and SU-57 with ToT it would be a good deal for Turkey. Besides since Russia does not limit the modification of it's sold products Turkey can play around with them and put local subsystems such as Aselsan electronics or even maybe TEI engines in order to make them NATO-compatible.
Russians will never offer ToT to Turkey; I believe all of us learned that with the recent S400 issue

And no, Russian planes are freaking shit; the reason the RuAF havent used its most recent jets is because they are afraid that when such jets are downed by old Western weaponry, other countries will stop buying their prime products. The only Su-35 that was used in the Ukrainian war was downed at the beginning of the invasion. Ever since then, Russia havent used any of its newer fighter jets to prevent Russian military hardware already shitty reputation to worsen

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's an unreasonable statement. The russian air force has barely participated in the invasion, even the little that they have done they've done it with cold war planes. If they offer SU-35 and SU-57 with ToT it would be a good deal for Turkey. Besides since Russia does not limit the modification of it's sold products Turkey can play around with them and put local subsystems such as Aselsan electronics or even maybe TEI engines in order to make them NATO-compatible.
We all know knematic capabilities of sukoi series jet are serious where they lack avionics and Electronics.
Even if russia is Okay with using Turkish made equipment in this circumstances, the moment you attach your Electronics and weapons on it, you wont a chance to market any nato or western purchase dependent country.
Options are limited. It could be either eurofighter or rafale.
Eurofighter has much possible but only alternative which enables british to set the terms on the table.
If Turkiye wants to buy 40 ef and modernize rest of the fleet, it is sure only ef purchase reaches around 10b usd mark.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,089
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

There two reasons why this is never going to happen:
1.) Russian products are simply not quality
2.) the political ramifications of buying something Russian, in general and especially right now with them waging a war

Erdogan is saying we do have other options, just throwing in the Russian products in the ring because he wants to be heard. And they dont really listen to him any more in many of the capitals in the world.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There two reasons why this is never going to happen:
1.) Russian products are simply not quality
2.) the political ramifications of buying something Russian, in general and especially right now with them waging a war

Erdogan is saying we do have other options, just throwing in the Russian products in the ring because he wants to be heard. And they dont really listen to him any more in many of the capitals in the world.

Just to correct and add..............
"They dont really listen to him EVER and Any Official Turk in mostly in WEST capitals in the world"

And this is GOOD Thing!
you may ask Why?
West people are biased when come to Turkiye .................In first there are propaganda going on in media anything related to Turkiye is represented like BAD or like Cheap or Like low quality or on religion basis.....................

People in WEST living in fake reality when come to Turkiye..............................Let them lie themself and ignore reality and ignore What Turk official SAY

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

FcnmT7uXgAATuK-

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question to those who know the technical aspects of fighter jets. Why can’t we just buy the hull and motor of 100 Su 35 for a good price. We then install our electronics, aesa radar, and weapons. I mean we must have some experience on these topics from Hürjet. Why would this be so difficult and undesirable (leaving aside political considerations). We urgently need planes.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I have a question to those who know the technical aspects of fighter jets. Why can’t we just buy the hull and motor of 100 Su 35 for a good price. We then install our electronics, aesa radar, and weapons. I mean we must have some experience on these topics from Hürjet. Why would this be so difficult and undesirable (leaving aside political considerations). We urgently need planes.
yes integration and designing stuff for Su-35 would take some years, we will end up with a good platform in the end

But you have already answered it why we don't do it, politics...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are only six months away from seeing our top gun roll out and with hard work we may be just 2 years away from making it fight. In the worst case scenario we will wait longer for our domestic engines to come out. With the coming crop of systems from all fields, we will be more than good in a dozen seasons.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Turkish FM has said that the decision on the sale of 40f16V70 planes and 80 upgtade kits being tied to Greek Airspace violation conditions is totally unacceptable. He has said that it is not possible to say yes to such a deal.
So will Turkey withdraw it’s request for this purchase?
That is the honourable thing to do. But do we have a plan B?
Eurofighter?
Rafale?
Ozgur configuration for all planes in hand?

The last paragraph has a very good point that needs to be discussed further.
Greeks complain about Aegean air space violations. But their planes have violated airspace over Turkish mainland many times. So why US is not capitulating the same to the Greeks about Turkish mainland airspace violations when they are selling planes and upgrade kits to them?
I was thinking, if the ozgur upgrade would be possible for all block 50 and some of block 40s given the fact that turkey doesn't have the source code for these aircraft. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QtwJ6BAgMEAE&usg=AOvVaw3itesv6_gu2y_QiQLyS5L_

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,783
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
SU-35 is the much upgraded version of the Soviet era SU-27.
Instead of AL-31 class engines it uses the latest version of AL-41 class engines.
It has the latest Russian avionics and sensors on board. I guess we all know how good they are.
When a plane is being built, it is built around the engines and the electronics and avionics. To adapt indigenous avionics and flight computers and sensors to a totally new plane using a very foreign set of engines, will mean a lot of valuable time and resources wasted.
We would be better off working on our F16s, Hurjet and more importantly on our TFX.
Also don’t you think the Russian bear will ask you to give them the avionics and sensor technology we will be using on their planes in return? After all, Ukraine war has proven that their tech in such areas is much inferior to ours.
If anything, I would ask Dr Aksit to get a move on and put his money where his mouth is and start building that 35000lbf thrust f22 engine he said he could build.
Worst case scenario would be to have a couple of squadrons of TFX flying with f110 engines before we can have any of the Su-35s up and flying. Those TFX will be much more effective than any SU-35 Russians can muster.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
England wants to sell Eurofighter Typhoon tranche 1 warplanes to Turkey with source code. The British then plan to modernize and sell the warplanes in their inventory if the Germans block the sale of the new production Eurofighter.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
England wants to sell Eurofighter Typhoon tranche 1 warplanes to Turkey with source code. The British then plan to modernize and sell the warplanes in their inventory if the Germans block the sale of the new production Eurofighter.
I didn't get it, T1 is already the worst option, why would they modernise it and then sell when we can do it after getting them?

I thought new T1s were not produced anymore

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Could you provide a source for this, I haven't heard anything about it

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we can modernize it with our own avionics, it could be a good option, otherwise it's worse than F-16 blk 50

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Typhoon 1 trash? If it's not 3 or 4, no need to take it. Better to buy a used F16 from somewhere.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,783
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have discussed it here earlier with @Nilgiri about the upgrading typhoon tranche 1. Apparently as it stands it is very difficult to upgrade it from tranche 1 to tranche 3 or 4 , due to the main stumbling block of Aesa radar being integrated in to other avionics.
But the tranche 1 can be upgraded to tranche 2+ level with many tranche 3 and 4 parts, making it a very capable jet.
But from what I understand of @Bogeyman ’s post above, UK is prepared to update these planes extensively so that to achieve at least tranche 3 levels. They have 51 of these planes in their inventory and can also supplement these tranche 1 planes with tranche 3 from their own stock to by pass any German blockage.
Italians are also very keen to supply 40+ of the typhoons they have available too. From what I read about Italian approach is that they are open to TOT on these planes to facilitate upgrading. Remember that the Hybrid GaAs/GaN Aesa radar integrated in to the latest version of typhoons are built by Leonardo UK.
Without the Aesa radars they are not going to be of much use to us. Albeit still a very capable air superiority aircraft with Meteor missile and with Captor-M radar. But without the UK’s latest ECRS mk2 Aesa or Captor-E Aesa it could be inferior to Rafale of Greece.

Last edited:

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope we will buy EF's instead of vipers. If we can get them cheap, then at least they can be some kind of test bed for our tech and munitions. We should have diversified our fleet years ago.
Relying on other countries for homeland defense is very dangerous. Relying on a single country for homeland defense is terrible.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom