CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
15 5,025
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have a limited budget people tend to forget that.

What is the priority and what is not that's the question, i would say...
Modernizing the Navy.
TF-X.
Missile projects.

A AC is something we can talk about when all the important stuff is developed, constructing a dock now is ridiculous without a design or idea of the specs.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Modernizing the Navy.
TF-X.
Missile projects.

A AC is something we can talk about when all the important stuff is developed, constructing a dock now is ridiculous without a design or idea of the specs.
we aren't gonna start building it right now, its just designs right now i doubt its gonna start anytime soon we will probably see it in 15 years and by done most projects will be done.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Prefer money goes to carrier(s) instead of more palaces. They’ll find the billions and spend it on something irrespective. Meanwhile, Tf2000 pls hurry up! The Italians and Koreans should not have better equipped navies than us!

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Prefer money goes to carrier(s) instead of more palaces. They’ll find the billions and spend it on something irrespective. Meanwhile, Tf2000 pls hurry up! The Italians and Koreans should not have better equipped navies than us!
Koreans for sure should have better equipped navy then us considering they are next to china and nk but i agree no way italy should have better navy then us.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please stop bringing politics in to this it makes u the same as the so called islamists u hate, you are both stupid in the end.
Defense industry and its gdp is directly about politics so I am sorry but I will.
I didnt insult anyone and I dont feel like I am stupid, thank you for the insult, reported.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Modernizing the Navy.
TF-X.
Missile projects.

You naysayer, why do you even care about budget?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The AC project is more than an idea because SSB stated that charged institute (STM), SSB and force are preparing a detailed feasibility study to determine Which aircrafts will be used, What should be the size of AC compared to equivalents and How large the carrier strike group should be formed...etc. According to Mr. Güleryüz from SSB, It will take much more than 4 years for construction, trials and delivery to Navy. It is understood from this statements that Turkish AC project will be materialized not before than 2030.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
  • Keep politic out of topics
  • Don't use inappropriate language
  • If you find a post violating forum rules, report it instead of joining a debate with your opponent please.

Thanks for your understanding brothers.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,404
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok tell me why we need a AC in the first place? Do we have any over seas territories that needs to be defended?

Do we need territories, is Turkish interest not enough. Do Americans have in Middle East territories? Or Russian in Africa?

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
When do you guys think this project will be started? after tf-2000 around 2030?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,404
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I will give a example of Netherlands, Netherlands Submarine fleet is one of the best with spy mission in the NATO. They are the only country in the world who have spy Russian subs in the middle east connecting with ther satellite. Russian are the first country who have used centric warfare, the sub made a connection with a satellite and locallized american ships and aimed supersonic cruisemissiles(excercise). And the Dutch sub collect data, you can ask yourself what is Dutch subs doing in the Mediterrean sea spying subs and warship of Russian Navy. Cold war times, yes this is a little country going to operations. From Baltic sea to our backyard, why would not Turkish subs spy Russian or American ships or subs? So Dutch Navy is going to replace ther subs, 4 subs will cost almost 6 billion dollar.

A little bit vision. What will happen after 20 years? We are making deals in Sout America, Africa and we want our ships going to oceans. So we will need carrier group. Yes after 2030+. Maybe we will never see a AC. Who nows...

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is our tax money being wasted on useless places whereas it can be used on more vital projects like a carrier ship isnt related to the topic? It is not even like I said it randomly!
He literally said making such a project would take money and at that very point I made my point on if we cut the useless expenses we can easily divert money and then I moved on.
You on the other hand are trying to desperately defend even such a justified and well put criticism.

Also that typical ''you can't see above your hatred of erdogan'' card. I dont even support millet ittifak and I support what cumhur has been doing for the last few years. I criticise them on education, universities, merit in state institutions and economy and yeah corruption and useless expenses. Not even useless, a sarai in 21st century destroys our reputation as a democracy.

You are like a zealot who desperately defends the government and quiets even the most justified criticisms. So it is more like your zealotness towards Erdogan cult makes you a blind fanatic defender who cant take a simplest criticism. He himself would stay quiet potentially if he was a user here.

@Cabatli_53
Saw this after posting, ok no more posts on this.
Lol dude i am not gonna bother posting after this anyway, look you didn't even mention anything about what diyanet did what is their purpose, what they spend the money on, what parts you don't like. Why was diyanet created in the first place? All you see is useless money but i see more, and i don't care about erdogan i am not supporting him but i am supporting the idea of diyanet that was created by Ataturk. I didn't see criticism by you i just see blindly typing instead of criticism. Criticism is saying diyanet gets this much money i think they can do with this much and we can spend the other money somewhere like this project, this is criticism.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When do you guys think this project will be started? after tf-2000 around 2030?

According to Mr. Güleryüz from SSB, It will take much longer than (from construction to delivery period) 4 years (compared to Milgem). If feasibility studies are completed around 1-1,5 years, The documentation (RFI) in accordance to requests of sides will be commenced. RFI will take around 1-2 years more because the sides should agree on the critical points including monetary issues and all major institutes that will take part in this project will join the negotiations, and then the official deal will be signed between partners. If Construction startes around 2025, the delivery will be around 2031-2032.

Until 2032,
  • 20-30 TF-X will be delivered If everything goes as planned and Prototype of Naval variant will be around
  • MIUS Blk-X will be in air
  • 2-3 TF-2000 will be delivered
  • I class frigate program will be completed
  • A few Milden will be delivered
  • Construction of TF-100 multipurpose frigates will be commenced
  • Neighbours will be expressing their worry about Turkish supersonic anti-ship missiles
  • Gezgin in different blks will be standard land attack missile of Navy
  • Navy will enjoy with impressive capabilities of G40 blk-X, Siper Blk-X and exo-atmosperic SAM missiles that will be integrated inside MIDLAS VLS
  • Greece will still be requesting more sanctions to stop advance of Turks

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Do you even know the extent of their Navies or capacity to build?. By the time 4 I class frigates are done( 2027) the Italians will build 10!! Frigates....

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Mr. Güleryüz from SSB, It will take much longer than (from construction to delivery period) 4 years (compared to Milgem). If feasibility studies are completed around 1-1,5 years, The documentation (RFI) in accordance to requests of sides will be commenced. RFI will take around 1-2 years more because the sides should agree on the critical points including monetary issues and all major institutes that will take part in this project will join the negotiations, and then the official deal will be signed between partners. If Construction startes around 2025, the delivery will be around 2031-2032.

Until 2032,
  • 20-30 TF-X will be delivered If everything goes as planned and Prototype of Naval variant will be around
  • MIUS Blk-X will be in air
  • 2-3 TF-2000 will be delivered
  • I class frigate program will be completed
  • A few Milden will be delivered
  • Construction of TF-100 multipurpose frigates will be commenced
  • Neighbours will be expressing their worry about Turkish supersonic anti-ship missiles
  • Gezgin in different blks will be standard land attack missile of Navy
  • Navy will enjoy with impressive capabilities of G40 blk-X, Siper Blk-X and exo-atmosperic SAM missiles that will be integrated inside MIDLAS VLS
  • Greece will still be requesting more sanctions to stop advance of Turks
Wait was is tf-100 i don't remember anything like that, do you have any link to tf-100?

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,448
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Larger AC will be a must for Turkey bro. If you take the countries operating light carriers or LHDs as an example, you will see they are the countries that will station STOVL F35 aircrafts on them. Turkey doesn't have an agenda to develop a STOVL technology, nor have a chance to procure F35B anymore so Turkish decision makers had to abandon to construct 28000-30000 ton LHD and agreed to proceed with a true aircraft carrier program. The main logic behind this desicion is about the aircrafts to be stationed on domestic AC. They will be conventional, twin engine naval TF-X and maybe MIUS block-1/2 aircrafts. These aircrafts will need a longer runway to take off and landing. No matter which release method Turkish AC will use so I think Turkish AC will have a displacement around min 40000ton and max 60000ton.
Bro, I’m betting for a catobar variant of QE class. ;)

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,929
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you even know the extent of their Navies or capacity to build?. By the time 4 I class frigates are done( 2027) the Italians will build 10!! Frigates....
The main reason for the long construction period is the desire to be equipped with domestic weapons and systems. 75% of the I class frigate is produced domestically. This is even beyond imaginary in some countries.

A

adenl

It is ready to be filled by TCG Türkiye
havuz.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom