Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
BUMP

Turkish ATAK II is suposed to make her first flight in March 2023 (10 months from now)

Ain't it strange that we only have seen a mock up and not an assembly line like that of Hurjet?

How long does it take to assemble a helicopter (same with TFx that is suposed to hangar roll out in March)

We didn't see an assembly line for the T-629, yet a full scale test helicopter exists, so no - it's not strange, it's understandable that they are working within the strict regulations that the STM sets out for the state operated entities.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
FS-wOhIWAAAi7hp.jpeg

TAI testing the Gokbey heli. This is the 4th helicopter they've produced.

EDIT: Srry wrong thread. We will see if my post gets removed or not...

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,263
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
there's a winch mount on that thing! SeaHawk competitor?
I think comparing it to SeaHawks is a bit far-fetched. But it seems to be maturing into a very versatile platform, SAR, air ambulance, forest fire watch, border surveillance, civil, and oil rig stationed platforms for example. I also think with a few modifications, it will be suitable for military/naval use.
It does look great!

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think comparing it to SeaHawks is a bit far-fetched. But it seems to be maturing into a very versatile platform, SAR, air ambulance, forest fire watch, border surveillance, civil, and oil rig stationed platforms for example. I also think with a few modifications, it will be suitable for military/naval use.
It does look great!
cant wait to see Gökbey anti-submarine helicopters in our navy!

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
there's a winch mount on that thing! SeaHawk competitor?

Different classes really. More like UH-1 or Lynx competitor.

T925 will be the equilevant of SeaHawk in terms of capacity and potential.(and that is the reason that I think T925 is much more important than T929)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should work on a Sea Gökbey. At around 6t this chopper can do most of the missions of a SeaHawk in a more cost-effective manner. We can deploy Sea Gökbey to our corvettes and Dost class coast guard vessels.. Seahawks should be deployed to frigates, destroyers, and LHDs.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should work on a Sea Gökbey. At around 6t this chopper can do most of the missions of a SeaHawk in a more cost-effective manner. We can deploy Sea Gökbey to our corvettes and Dost class coast guard vessels.. Seahawks should be deployed to frigates, destroyers, and LHDs.
Do you think Gökbey will be a success in terms of its export, or is the market is so saturated with legacy manufacturers that it'll have little sales abroad?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
As a naval helicopter for multi purpose use, Gokbey can be good to use on TCG Anadolu and other ships like Bayraktar Class LSTs plus any other non combatant sea platform. Gokbey, if navalised, can also make a very good search and rescue helicopter. It can do a lot of Seahawk duties more economically. But it can not do some of the duties that a Seahawk can do. when it comes to combat duties.
Seahawks are 10 ton class helicopters. They are vital part of a striking power of a sea combatant vessel. With the light torpedoes it can carry, and the multitude of mid to longer range anti ship missiles it can fire, it has a plethora of weapons at it’s arsenal. They are part of a warship’s anti submarine weapon system. This class of helicopter can make a warship more lethal. A bunch of these helicopters can turn a LHD class ship in to a “heavy destroyer” like the Japanese ones.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are considering to make a Sea variant of it

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you think Gökbey will be a success in terms of its export, or is the market is so saturated with legacy manufacturers that it'll have little sales abroad?
When we have our own TS1400 engines on them, we will see the real export results of this helicopter. There are many nations that can not buy western class helicopters. With indigenous engines we can open up those markets.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We can integrate subsystems like dipping sonar, Kuzgun, Çakır, light torpedo, Sonobuoy launcher, MAD, ESM, Aselsan HEWS/HEWS II, F500C FLIR (Aselflir-400 for coast guard), and SAR radar to Gökbey. Gökbey can carry 2 crews and 12 passengers. Gökbey has an MTOW of 6050kg (720kg more than Super Lynx, 50kg more than AW159 Wildcat) and has a range of 740km without any external fuel tanks. Gökbey can carry a lot compared to its size. It will be in a similar situation to AH-64 vs Atak but Gökbey has a 1000kg more MTOW than ATAK.

Defence Industry Enjoyer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When we have our own TS1400 engines on them, we will see the real export results of this helicopter. There are many nations that can not buy western class helicopters. With indigenous engines we can open up those markets.

T625 have guaranteed few hundred local orders over the programs life span. When it enters serial production total costs of acquiring and operating will drop over time. We already building the subsystems to considerably lower amount than western counterparts. Owning the engine further give us ability to optimize it for the platform. Cost-value wise it is going to be very attractive.

If we get countries to join TUSAS supply chain with platform exports. Any future platform offering is going to be even more attractive as operating costs will further lower.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom