Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

If Turkcell is a company that's making money, why sell out a part of the unit that's contributing to this ?

Is it to focus on core business ?

IMO it's an inherent problem in Turkey that successful companies sell out instead of growing and becoming gigantic.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

If Turkcell is a company that's making money, why sell out a part of the unit that's contributing to this ?

Is it to focus on core business ?

IMO it's an inherent problem in Turkey that successful companies sell out instead of growing and becoming gigantic.

Maybe considering the market it could be a wise move to sell, for example a messenger that is generating little revenue, for a lot of money.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe considering the market it could be a wise move to sell, for example a messenger that is generating little revenue, for a lot of money.
That IMO would be a mistake for instance if all messenging apps like whatsapp ends up in the hands of Facebook, they'd be dominating the market. and on the long term they'd be raking in money because they have 4-5 billion users.

On the other hand if you compete on same parameters and giver people an alternative you will always have a fall back if for instance Facebook decides to change end user agreements and such.

Just as how Google/Alphabet is raking in the money you need to be clear on long term goals, which should be world domination. I hear Whatsapp backtracked on he end user agreement after backlash and after losing millions of users. But those terms will be implemented in secret or maybe they already are being done.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I know from documentaries somewhat how gold is mined and those huge sites growing ever bigger, but they do have big impact on nature, so I really hope government or companies are compensating for it somehow.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Last edited:

Blank1

Reactions
Do any one know's how much gold is in the reserve or owned by the state ?
There are conflicting reports about the gold reserves of Turkey, ranging from 300 to 680 tons etc.
Gold is very important as it is a universal currency.
Russian and China are on gold buying spree since many years, China state owned reserves surpassed 2,000 tons OR the say! and Russia is close too.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,287
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do any one know's how much gold is in the reserve or owned by the state ?
There are conflicting reports about the gold reserves of Turkey, ranging from 300 to 680 tons etc.
Gold is very important as it is a universal currency.
Russian and China are on gold buying spree since many years, China state owned reserves surpassed 2,000 tons OR the say! and Russia is close too.
World Gold Council, the gold reserves in Turkey in 2020 was announced as 561 tons.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gold is useless, it doesnt have much intrinsic value, diamond is better since it is the hardest rock and can be valuable in industry. Despite that I am happy people buying gold since Indonesia produce a lot of gold ;)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gold is only as useful or useless as people believe it is.
That pretty much applies to everything and goes way back to trading goods when no form of currency existed.

Gold, bronze, copper they've all been currencies at some point. But I think no one would disagree that gold is still the most valued mineral that people can get hold on.

Interesting that CB transfers profit to treasury so the state can spend even more and still go out and borrow money. I'd argue that the CB should have used the money to acquire foreign currency and build a strong stabilizing force behind the turkish lira.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
There’s money to steal?

Corruption is so rife in Turkey what I find so ironic is how the parties all accuse each other of corruption when they are all the same shit.

They all enjoy the rotten system because of money. There wont be any change until the voters look past their parties as a football team and start having them at all the balls and say this shit is not right.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Corruption is so rife in Turkey what I find so ironic is how the parties all accuse each other of corruption when they are all the same shit.

They all enjoy the rotten system because of money. There wont be any change until the voters look past their parties as a football team and start having them at all the balls and say this shit is not right.
Corruption, where is it?
There is talk of it but no evidence.
It is called slander when there is no evidence..

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom