Administrator
Reactions
25 5,015
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I don't think a thread for this exists.

Years ago there was a passenger/cargo plane project which seems to have been scrapped or postponed...

Now that our turbofan projects are in full swing, we can expect to see some interesting developments.

I hope to see cargo drones, large military cargo/transport planes and eventually passenger aircraft.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,015
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Like C-17 or smaller? Propeller or jet powered?

Much smaller than the C-17. Just like how Anka 3 is the predecessor to a larger dual or multi engine bomber, we can expect to see smaller models before we move on to larger ones.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
E

Years ago there was a passenger/cargo plane project which seems to have been scrapped or postponed...

Now that our turbofan projects are in full swing, we can expect to see some interesting developments.

I hope to see cargo drones, large military cargo/transport planes and eventually passenger aircraft.
currently already we are in need of military cargo/transport planes and with our growing aspirations it will be vital in the near future...

-and eventually military cargo/transport plane design has to evolove to maritime patrol aircraft and AEW&C

-or even Air refueling plane depending on the future inventory & number of still operating non stealth planes of our Air force.

-And as you stated it will be interesting to see what the future brings for the Drones in stealth and in the roles of Cargo- AEW&C - MPA

-we are only watching the trailer and it is Hard to predict the future of military technology

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I propose we start development on a stealth-optimized, blended wing body aircraft capable of tanker/AEW/cargo/maritime patrol duties in the military field and cargo/passenger carry duties in the civilian sector.

One advanced airframe for all the needs of the modern world. A "Joint duty airliner" if you will.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I propose we start development on a stealth-optimized, blended wing body aircraft capable of tanker/AEW/cargo/maritime patrol duties in the military field and cargo/passenger carry duties in the civilian sector.

One advanced airframe for all the needs of the modern world. A "Joint duty airliner" if you will.
Engine commonality is critical, if we can fit the same engine to both cargo and passenger planes it will make the cost affordable.

moz68k

Reactions
18 579
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mentioned my opinions on this a while back.
- Larger military transport jets (JV preferably with Embraer, or at least Antonov). Gain experience with larger jets.
- Following innovations in the sector like CFM's RISE or RR's UltraFan. Anticipate and prototype a next-generation commercial passenger aircraft, try to enter the market only then, and only if financially viable.

Back in 2018, there was talk of a joint-venture between TAI and Antonov on a jet-powered version of the An-70. Not only that but the An-70 is one of few aircraft powered by a propfan (the Progress D-27). CFM's rise and RR's UltraFan use modern tech, composite fans, ceramic matrix composites, gearead turbofans, etc. Harnessing Ivchenko's experience in propfans with TEI's material science and manufacturing prowess could be fruitful. Airbus had discussions with the French government on sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) or hydrogen-powered propfan airliners. CFM has 1000 engineers just working on RISE, and will build a tech-demonstrator in the near future.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mentioned my opinions on this a while back.

Back in 2018, there was talk of a joint-venture between TAI and Antonov on a jet-powered version of the An-70. Not only that but the An-70 is one of few aircraft powered by a propfan (the Progress D-27). CFM's rise and RR's UltraFan use modern tech, composite fans, ceramic matrix composites, gearead turbofans, etc. Harnessing Ivchenko's experience in propfans with TEI's material science and manufacturing prowess could be fruitful. Airbus had discussions with the French government on sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) or hydrogen-powered propfan airliners. CFM has 1000 engineers just working on RISE, and will build a tech-demonstrator in the near future.
Proposed AN-188 was to use CFM LEAP engines instead of a propfan as you added. It was probably too much work with little monetary gain at the time. Wish they had more initiative.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need jobs for our engineers, we can't afford to buy foreign products anymore. We need to busy ourselves trying to find good names for planes and all as the audience.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom