60 29,285
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

LPTIC, UK ambassador review using British technology for internet security​

The Chairman of the Libyan Post Telecommunications & Information Technology Company (LPTIC) Faisel Gergab discussed with the UK ambassador to Libya, Nicholas Hopton, using British technology in internet security, in addition to joint cooperation in Telecommunications, upgrading and investments.

LPTIC said the meeting also saw discussion about the return of British companies specialized in internet technology and telecommunications to work in Libya and take part in strategic planning for future projects.

On Saturday, Gergab talked with the Egyptian ambassador to Libya, Tamer Mustafa, about establishing a joint Libyan-Egyptian company, which will be responsible for implementing the agreed initiatives from a recent visit from a Libyan delegation to Egypt, where several contracts in the field of telecommunications were signed.

"The company will also be responsible for laying the principles and foundations for Libyan-Egyptian investment in technology, localization, and digital transformation." Gergab and Mustafa agreed.

LPTIC signed last June four memoranda of understanding with the Egyptian Telecom Company in the areas of digital transformation, postal services, capacity building, entrepreneurship, and localization of technology.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Time running out to finalize legal framework of Libyan elections: UN​

BY DAILY SABAH WITH AFP​

ANKARA AFRICA
AUG 31, 2021 9:09 AM GMT+3
A picture taken on January 20, 2020, shows a view of Martyr's square capital Tripoli, Libya. (AFP Photo)
A picture taken on January 20, 2020, shows a view of Martyr's square capital Tripoli, Libya. (AFP Photo)

U.N. envoy to Libya Jan Kubis said Monday that time is of the essence if Libyans hope to finalize a legal framework for the planned elections to be held on time in December.

"The (Libyan) government has taken the necessary dispositions to hold elections but we need a legal framework," Kubis said at the opening of a meeting in Algeria of Libya's neighbors.

"The members of parliament are now trying to finalize the electoral law and time is running out," Kubis said in statements carried in French by the official Algerian news agency APS.

The two-day ministerial meeting is aimed at helping Libyans achieve national reconciliation and draw a roadmap for organizing the polls.

But recent talks in Geneva have exposed deep divisions over when to hold elections, what elections to hold and on what constitutional grounds, threatening to plunge Libya back into chaos.

The North African country was gripped by violence and political turmoil in the aftermath of the 2011 NATO-backed uprising that ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi and in which he was killed.

In recent years, the oil-rich country split between two rival administrations.

After putschist Gen. Khalifa Haftar's forces were routed from the country's west last year, the two camps signed a ceasefire in Geneva in October.
The same deal inked in October also stipulated that all foreign forces and mercenaries – which support different sides in the conflict – withdraw from Libya within three months, a provision that has not been met. The U.N. has frequently voiced that the presence of the mercenaries is a threat to peace and stability in Libya.
An interim administration was established in March this year to prepare for presidential and parliamentary polls on December 24.

Kubis on Monday said that Libya's unity government backed by the U.N. has "allocated the necessary budget for the elections."

"But it is important that as soon as possible we have a legal framework" for the polls, he emphasized.

Kubis said he told lawmakers to "assume their responsibilities and not waste time." He also called on Libya's neighbors to appoint observers to monitor the polls.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Someone is not interested in allowing citizens to vote freely. The militia doing these stunts clearly shows who's involved.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Son of Muammar Gaddafi released from prison in Libya​

TRIPOLI-Anadolu Agency​

Son of Muammar Gaddafi released from prison in Libya

A son of Libya's ousted leader Muammar Gaddafi has been released from prison in the capital Tripoli, security sources said on Sept. 5.

Al-Saadi Gaddafi, 48, was freed through a decision by the Libyan Chief Prosecutor's Office and the approval of Prime Minister Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh.

It was also stated that he left the country to move to Turkey.

Al-Saadi, who had authority in the management of the country's sports activities during the Gaddafi period, was also playing in the Libyan national football team.

He had fled to Niger after the collapse of the Gaddafi regime in 2011 but was brought back to Libya to stand trial in 2014 on charges of embezzlement during the Libyan Football Federation presidency.

Announcing the release, Dbeibeh said on Twitter that the country cannot proceed without reconciliation and establishing a state without providing justice, applying the law, respecting the principle of separation of powers and complying with judicial procedures and decisions.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,839
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you guys think, how many soldiers and officers can we trained per year? What’s our capabilities?
I think on all these soldiers and officers from Africa and Arab countries.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
What do you guys think, how many soldiers and officers can we trained per year? What’s our capabilities?
Turkish level on millitary training is good. Most of the muslim countries could need some help in training their forces.

Captain LY

Reactions
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya

The Haftar-controlled Tobruk parliament and the 5 + 5 committee are trying so hard to freeze or cancel the joint defense agreement between Libya and Turkey.

We made a mistake when we stopped the war on the outskirts of the city of Sirte and gave a chance to this corpse called Parliament of Tobruk to come back to life

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Libya's putschist Gen. Haftar hires ex-politicians to lobby in US​

BY DAILY SABAH WITH AA​

ISTANBUL AFRICA
SEP 09, 2021 9:26 AM GMT+3
Putschist Gen. Khalifa Haftar speaks during a news conference at a sports club in Abyar, a small town to the east of Benghazi, Libya, May 17, 2014. (Reuters File Photo)
Putschist Gen. Khalifa Haftar speaks during a news conference at a sports club in Abyar, a small town to the east of Benghazi, Libya, May 17, 2014. (Reuters File Photo)

Putschist Gen. Khalifa Haftar has hired veteran political insiders to lobby on his behalf to the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress, according to documents.
Haftar has made a $40,000 advance payment to retain the services of former special counsel to President Bill Clinton, Lanny Davis, and ex-Republican House lawmaker Robert Livingston, according to the Foreign Agents Registration Act filings dated Sept. 3.

The total fees Haftar will pay amount to some $960,000 over the course of six months, an engagement letter contained in the Justice Department documents indicates.

Davis and Livingston are to arrange meetings for Haftar between White House, Pentagon and State Department officials, as well as key members of Congress including the leadership in the House of Representatives and Senate, according to the documents.

The duo is also expected to arrange additional meetings with think tanks such as the left-leaning Center for American Progress and the United States Institute of Peace ahead of Libya's general election in December.

Haftar intends to travel to the U.S. "to advocate for the Dec. 24, 2021 elections in Libya" during meetings with U.S. officials, the documents say.

The disclosure comes as Haftar attempts to regain influence in Washington after his military offensive failed to oust the internationally recognized government in Tripoli. He maintains control over eastern Libya.

Haftar is the subject of several lawsuits in U.S. courts from plaintiffs who allege his forces have carried out grievous rights violations, including extrajudicial killings, torture and other war crimes.

He is a defendant in three separate federal lawsuits filed in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. Plaintiffs allege their loved ones were killed or tortured by Haftar’s forces.

The lawsuits seek millions of dollars in damages that could be recovered from property that Haftar, a dual U.S. and Libyan citizen, and his family still own throughout northern Virginia.

In court papers, Haftar asserted that he is immune to lawsuits because he is head of state. He also said the judge should dismiss the cases because a lawsuit that seeks to assert blame in the country's civil war is a “political question” that requires deference to the executive branch.

But at a hearing Thursday, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema ruled that Haftar cannot claim either head-of-state immunity or the political-question doctrine as a defense in the lawsuits. She noted that she twice asked the State Department if it wanted to assert an interest in the case – once during former President Donald Trump's administration and once during President Joe Biden's administration – but that it declined to do so on both occasions.

According to Libyan official sources, Haftar's forces and affiliated militias committed war crimes and acts of genocide in the period between April 2019 and June 2020.

His offensive, supported by Egypt, France, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Russia, collapsed when the U.N.-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) forces gained upper hand with support from Turkey.

Captain LY

Reactions
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
Thanks to the parliament of Tobruk Haftar can now participate in the elections, and if he does not succeed, he can return to his previous position And Khaled Al-Mashri is the only one who's trying to prevent this from happening

Egypt and the uae will never let us alone until they have the country under their control . i think soon or later the war is coming definitely

I hope we well prepared for it . and i hope turkey won't let us down . you're the only friend left for us

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,475
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thanks to the parliament of Tobruk Haftar can now participate in the elections, and if he does not succeed, he can return to his previous position And Khaled Al-Mashri is the only one who's trying to prevent this from happening

Egypt and the uae will never let us alone until they have the country under their control . i think soon or later the war is coming definitely

I hope we well prepared for it . and i hope turkey won't let us down . you're the only friend left for us
I think Turkey haves enough power to effectively support the Libyan army and if there is future escalation I think Haftar is risking to lose Sirte.

I am following the Libyan security forces, their equipment, training, operations and I can surely tell that they are the more prepared force on the ground. The only concern I have are the MIG-29s but if they pose a risk to the Turkish personnel in Libya I think the Turkish Armed Forces will do the necessary and counter that threat in the best way possible.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Turkey haves enough power to effectively support the Libyan army and if there is future escalation I think Haftar is risking to lose Sirte.

I am following the Libyan security forces, their equipment, training, operations and I can surely tell that they are the more prepared force on the ground. The only concern I have are the MIG-29s but if they pose a risk to the Turkish personnel in Libya I think the Turkish Armed Forces will do the necessary and counter that threat in the best way possible.
We need to somehow test Akinci and Aksungur and be able to utilize them as a conventional airforce and have them ready.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,475
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need to somehow test Akinci and Aksungur and be able to utilize them as a conventional airforce and have them ready.
This will take time in the sense of integrating the ammunitions and the completing of all the tests but we must not lose time on it and do it as fast as we can. Akinci can be a game changer in Libya both in AG and AA operations.

M

Manomed

This will take time in the sense of integrated the ammunitions and the completing of all the tests but we must not lose time on it. Akinci can be a game changer in Libya both in AG and AA operations.
We should just send out 4 Block 40 CCIP fighters there

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,013
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Egypt is the trojan horse of North Africa.

Top Bottom