Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,598
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are very little leaks regarding the ongoing situation. For sure we know that there is fighting going on around Selaze, Asihe, Yekmale, Hanke and Hirabe. PKK claims that TSK launched attacks on areas around these villages, but we don't know if TSK was inserted trough air assault operation or other method of insertion. We know that the Turkish Air Forces are hitting targets all around already taken positions like the Matin tunnel for example.

1713735191362.png

It is known that PKK continues its presence in Metina with the help of 5 tunnels. By the looks TSK is deployed in areas where it will try to establish full domination over Gapnerk Mountain and with the remaining forces they will try to attack the tunnels by starting with the one south of Selaze.

1713735494754.png

It is reported that TSK is conducting a different kind of operation than the ones before. Tactics has changed. We will try to follow more and report.

Area of Operation:

1713737302551.png

The best sources regarding the operation:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,412
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Hürriyet | Abdülkadir Selvi (About the Iraq Operation)

1- When the operation begins, the Iraq-Syria border will be taken under control simultaneously. Thus, the PKK will be prevented from transferring power from Iraq and Syria. This task is planned to be undertaken by the Baghdad central government and Hashd al-Shaabi. Türkiye will provide support at the staff level.

2- Measures will be taken against PKK in Suleymaniye, Sinjar and Mahmur Camp. Iraqi central government and Erbil will provide intelligence support. They will serve against threats from PUK-controlled Sulaymaniyah.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,598
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkish military carries out road control in Tal Afar, which is 86 km deep
This is not true.

The video has nothing to do with Tal Afar. The video by the looks is taken on the Balinda-Siladze bridge. A couple hundred meters to the north is the TSK base of Mam Resa, a couple more positions and the notorious Sida tunnel. This bridge carries a big significance in the transfer of logistics and manpower to the Sida tunnel. We also know that PKK sent a group to the streamline at the northwest earlier last winter and there is a presence there. They managed to attack our position at the Hettit Rocks, but were not successful.

This is most probably a sign that TSK will attack Sida tunnel by cutting off the logistics within the new concept of operations.

1713797218198.png

This is the same area in which the Iraqi Army established 4 bases by the way. If TSK needs to come down from the mountains so it can control a road in which the Iraqi Army is already present then I don't know what to say... I mean, I know but, still... 😅

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
There are very little leaks regarding the ongoing situation. For sure we know that there is fighting going on around Selaze, Asihe, Yekmale, Hanke and Hirabe. PKK claims that TSK launched attacks on areas around these villages, but we don't know if TSK was inserted trough air assault operation or other method of insertion. We know that the Turkish Air Forces are hitting targets all around already taken positions like the Matin tunnel for example.

View attachment 67461

It is known that PKK continues its presence in Metina with the help of 5 tunnels. By the looks TSK is deployed in areas where it will try to establish full domination over Gapnerk Mountain and with the remaining forces they will try to attack the tunnels by starting with the one south of Selaze.

View attachment 67462

It is reported that TSK is conducting a different kind of operation than the ones before. Tactics has changed. We will try to follow more and report.

Area of Operation:

View attachment 67463

The best sources regarding the operation:

Please keep it updated. I am very much interested. It's about time I revisit my copy of

Small Unit Leader's Guide to Mountain Warfare Operations

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,598
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please keep it updated. I am very much interested. It's about time I revisit my copy of

Small Unit Leader's Guide to Mountain Warfare Operations

We will try to update the situation regularly.

There are new OPSEC regulations and the open source analyzers are also shy of doing regular analysis, sharing maps etc so the developments we post may be late with a couple of days to a month. We will try our best!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd be good to respect OPSEC and maybe avoid maps for now, and compile them for sharing later.

but short updates without details.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'd be good to respect OPSEC and maybe avoid maps for now, and compile them for sharing later.

The point of defence forums is to discuss OSINT.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,598
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

As we share these maps we respect the OPSEC. We should also note that the OPSEC regulation level of this operation which is enforced by TSK is very high. As we are sharing these news and especially maps there is something important to note. These news can be used as a reference to the general state of the operation, but in no way they are representative of the current situation! As noted before by me and also by the sources I mainly use the developments will come with a couple of days to a month late in order to further reinforce the OPSEC.

I want to reconfirm our sensitivity to OPSEC and assure our readers that the maps we share would not endanger the security of our soldiers. They may be used for geographical reference and reference to the general state of the operation.

Together with this I want to provide some more details on this operation.

A serious and very important development is that our forces managed to infiltrate and encircled the tunnel at the Gapnerk mountain in the winter! In result of this move and the following "explosive approach" of our forces the tunnel is reportedly destroyed and 6 terrorists were neutralized inside!

There were 3 tunnels in close proximity to our bases from the Gapnerk/Metina side.

1. Gapnerk Tunnel
2. Amedi Tunnel
3. Selaza Tunnel

1713885677798.png

With the successful operation on the Gapnerk tunnel and the improving weather our forces started infiltration operations with the aim of neutralizing the remaining PKK terrorists around the destroyed tunnel and further infiltrated in the Metina PKK terrorist camp.

Commando and Special Forces started a large scale infiltration operation trough the whole Metina terrorist camp. As previously mentioned this is a very different approach to what we saw earlier with the other operations. Our Commandos and Special Forces started direct action operations against predetermined targets of the PKK in the vicinity of a couple of villages in Metina. Our forces destroyed many targets of the PKK in the areas of these villages and they are continuing their movement within the scale of the operation.

As we previously determined the aim of this deep infiltration is the annihilation of PKK fortifications around the tunnels and effectively cutting out PKK logistics to them. It is reported that PKK terrorists that were pressured around the tunnel area managed to run away and took refuge in the villages (civilian areas).

A video of TSK presence between the Asihe and Hanke villages (you can find the location in the map above on the west in Metina)

Meanwhile operations targeting the logistics corridor from Gara towards Metina. TSK hit PKK targets in the Meze village in Gara.

1713887882483.png

1713887938379.png

1713887989753.png

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,598
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Important to note on the political front:

MIT Chief Ibrahim Kalin with Qubad Talabani during the recent visit.

For the context:

Qubad Talabani is the brother of Bafel Talabani, the leader of the PUK political party. Both of them are PKK supporters. Qubad Talabani is also the Deputy Prime Minister of KRG.

1713888650395.png

@Bozan

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,645
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Important to note on the political front:

MIT Chief Ibrahim Kalin with Kubat Talabani during the recent visit.

For the context:

Qubad Talabani is the brother of Bafel Talabani, the leader of the PUK political party. Both of them are PKK supporters. Qubad Talabani is also the Deputi Prime Minister of KRG.

View attachment 67494

@Bozan

Really interesting photo...seems some kind of deal is being worked out.

Slayer

Reactions
1 191
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are the PKK numbers in the region and how are they scattered?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not sure it's a good thing to work on a deal with any PKK supporter. Remember the disease that PKK is will always be present unless it's thoroughly erased from existence along with the whole political structure.

You can never know for certain that it won't arise from passivity.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are the PKK numbers in the region and how are they scattered?

They switched up their tactics they are not fighting they are infiltrating Turkish politics and are already in the Turkish Parliament.

Dont forget Hdp, Dem party dont forget that Smug a**hole Imamoglu collarborating with dem party.

Dont forget Tayyip's genius of a acilim and allowing hdp to get into parliament.

Democracy is the only system where terrorists are allowed in politics.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom