Casual Discussion Turkish refugee issue?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me by listing the various refugees that Turkey has taken in over the past 1000 years?

For example I'm aware of say the Crimean tartars, or the Circassians or even the Jews in the 15th century.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list detailing all the refugee migrations that made it into Turkey over the past 1000 years?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,073
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone help me by listing the various refugees that Turkey has taken in over the past 1000 years?

For example I'm aware of say the Crimean tartars, or the Circassians or even the Jews in the 15th century.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list detailing all the refugee migrations that made it into Turkey over the past 1000 years?

images (4).png

The Mongol Invasions have caused an upsurge of Turkic refugees coming into the Seljuk Sultanate and the Ayyubid dynasty.

Mongol invasions have also saw an up tick of Tatars and Cumans into Eastern and Central Europe

When the Turks are strong same for the Muslims they barely suffered refugee crisises when they collapsed or lose wars or lose territory this causes a refugee crisis. Its a bitter price to pay unfortunately.

For the last 200 to 300 years the Ottoman Empire also the republic of Turkiye in the last 100 years received refugees like Jews, Crimean Tatars, Central Asian Turks, Kurds, Iraqi Turkmens, Arabs, Azerbaijanis, Bosniaks, Albanians, Bulgarian Turks, Ahsika Turks, Chechens, Circassians, Avars from the Caucasus also refugees from Europe like Poles and Hungarians, Cretan Turks also African refugees who are escaping war and their torn up countries like Somalia and the Congo. We even recieved a few Aladalusian Muslims when Muslim Spain collapsed.

Its hard pin pointing it out for the last 1000 years because most of the refugees coming in date back to at least the late 1700s.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom