Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Previous rumors said this will use the AI-25 engine but I think it will use AI-222 engine in afterburner configuration.

I think similarly. A fighter drone with a payload of 1.5 tons will have a larger MTOW than previously thought, so this beast will need a much better engine than the Al25.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the engine won't be AL-25TLT with this updated design and MTOW of 5+tonnes the engine has to be in the class of AL-222/322.

Probably with a dry thrust of around 5000lbf.

My candidate is Al-222 with an afterburner.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I meant shorter in length. Choice of compound delta wing also made in this regard shorter wings to land to an LHD. The use of canards adds another layer to that.

Add to that the aircraft's fuselage, which is rather wide and flat. When compared to existing aircraft should give it additional lift.

1626765527285_auto_x2.png

1626765685133_auto_x2.png

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,139
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I think the engine won't be AL-25TLT with this updated design and MTOW of 5+tonnes the engine has to be in the class of AL-222/322.

Probably with a dry thrust of around 5000lbf.

My candidate is Al-222 with an afterburner.

What about converting TS-1400 to fit MIUS. Wouldn't that be possible?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fighter drone era is really commencing and Turkey will be pioneer of this concept. Turkish drones performed great in Libya, Karabakh and Syria and make infantry, tanks and artillery totally useless. This new aircraft targets armies with much better inventory.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fighter drone era is really commencing and Turkey will be pioneer of this concept. Turkish drones performed great in Libya, Karabakh and Syria and make infantry, tanks and artillery totally useless. This new aircraft targets armies with much better inventory.

I wonder how many of us thought this stuff would be a work of fiction.

Only for it to become a reality.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What about converting TS-1400 to fit MIUS. Wouldn't that be possible?
It is possible but AL-222/322 engine is a good proven design besides we need 2x TS-1400 to power a heavy drone like that which will change the design drastically moreover the compressor section of TS-1400 has to be redesigned.

E

Era_shield

It is impossible for the plane to land in Anadolu with this wing length.
Kinda agree but bear in mind this is still a concept design, geometry is not finalised yet. Also in the video he says their aim is to make it land on LHD, so there's more work to be done for that. Maybe there will even be a naval variant. I doubt it's decided yet.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,139
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Design must be at an advanced stage since they aim for 2023. It could be in service by late 2024 or start 2025.

I don't think Turkey needs to consider to procure a foreign fighter, now that MIUS is looking so advanced!

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,139
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Why wouldn't it be able to land with arresting gear?

I think he's talking about the lift generated by MIUS. Landing on a carrier requires low landing speed i.e. the aircraft must generate a lot of lift from it's design to stay airborne.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No offense but if Mr. Selçuk says it will land on Anadolu, I would rather take his word than someones opinion here.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Why wouldn't it be able to land with arresting gear?

The problem is not to stop the ship when it lands, you have to make the first touch as slowly as possible so as not to damage the ship's and aircraft's structures before making contact with the ropes. For this your Stall Speed needs to be low enough, which is possible by keeping the wings long. If you ask me, we will either change the design or see 2 different designs. Maybe we'll see dynamic wings like the F14.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I will officially become a mechanical engineer in 1 month and I am struggling to choose my field for my master's degree. The thesis I submitted is on fluid dynamics. I did my internship at GE Turkey in Izmir. I know it's not enough for me, is it enough for you, Mr. Japanese?

Respect, only thing for a heart operation you don't let a brain surgeon do the job. So stick with your own field.

thank you

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Respect, only thing for a heart operation you don't let a brain surgeon do the job. So stick with your own field.

thank you
Actually, I really thank you.

Neurosurgeons can understand how to use a scalpel correctly in an operation like heart surgery, not necessarily a heart surgeon. When Baykar introduces a 2nd option for LHDs, I quote your answers that require extraordinary intelligence and "respect" as a "mechanical engineer", don't worry.

Top Bottom