TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Imagine aksungur flying with two tei pd 180 st engines , it will give it a great boost in performance .
Aksungur will be the tb2 of heavy unmanned vehicles of turkish airforce , it is a work horse indeed .
Also we should keep in mind that the new gen anka will be a killer with the new capabilities and more payload , and we already saw that it started to be required by other countries

azaher77

Committed member
Reactions
1 1,688
Nation of residence
Jordan
E8W7fmLXIAQvrUI

E8W7f9hXIAQM2Wj

E8W7gIBXIAAHmVX

E8W7gTUX0AUy8By

New Akıncı TİHA images​

L

LegionnairE

Why are the leading edges black?

Are we seeing slats? No this plane is too small to require such control surfaces and even the tail has black painted leading edges.

I am guessing that this is meant for testing. To see something better.

Did Selçuk Bayraktar just steal Wernher von Braun's idea? lol

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,556
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those black areas are probably anti icing rubbers

Pneumatic deicing boots that can deflate to break the ice off or passive (icephobic coating)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,242
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pneumatic deicing boots that can deflate to break the ice off or passive (icephobic coating)

Deicing is probably integral to the skin rather than externally applied, but there may be several variations.

L

LegionnairE

I guess part of the wing between the fuselage and the engines don't need de-icing?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
122 15,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess part of the wing between the fuselage and the engines don't need de-icing?
These pictures have been subjected to heavy photoshopping. The Satcom bulb on the top body has been masked. The blacked out areas may have contained something that they want away from prying eyes, at this stage.
Check out the right wing. Blacked out area is not as solid as the one in right wing.
1628590291965.jpeg

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,556
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it me imagining or is that body shape looking like stealthier than TB2?
It is you imagining it!

Stealth you can only measure by radar backscatter measurement in an anechoic chamber. Stealty looking shape says nothing

E

Era_shield

Is it me imagining or is that body shape looking like stealthier than TB2?
Considering the wing aerofoil shape is square (would never happen IRL), this is a very low fidelity 3d model, so I wouldn't make any conclusions from it about stealthiness.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
122 15,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is you imagining it!

Stealth you can only measure by radar backscatter measurement in an anechoic chamber. Stealty looking shape says nothing
First part I can agree with you. We all have imaginations!
Second part is a pedantic response.
Designers of aircrafts have found that certain surface shapes will not send back signals back to the radar sending them. So what makes a shape, free from radar signals being returned?
This is where we get into the Top Secret stuff. In short, only government engineers and a privileged few know the exact answer to this question. All we know is that the “stealth shape” is made to minimize right angles so when RF signals strike the aircraft surface, they are not reflected back.
1628699539128.jpeg
1628699558812.jpeg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom