Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kudos for TAI for turning the Simsek into a weapon rather than just a decoy for target practice.
Not just decoy but "decoy+kamikaze drone".

If Simsek was just decoy, it could be identified by enemy intelligent systems and simply ignored. However, when Simsek is also a kamikaze drone, it cannot be simply ignored. It should definitely be blocked.

This blocking effort will put an heavy burden on the enemy air defense.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,166
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Finally a good use for the TJ90 engine which can enable its serial production and more affordable price. They should also turn it into a simple turbofan engine which will enable longer flight times and possible civilian applications.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,166
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Mq9 is too overrated and overpriced drone .. and it has no advantages over akinci even akinci with nose radar would be better

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I disagree with you , american drones have better engine , CATS , SATcom , payload and many others . let's not overhype the akinci
Does the MQ-9B have AESA radar, Air to Air missiles?

I would not underestimate it as well! Those who underestimated Turkish drones had to feel it in a painful way.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I disagree with you , american drones have better engine , CATS , SATcom , payload and many others . let's not overhype the akinci
Why ? What is the base of u assumption ? It hasnt yet prove it self in any real war or managed to destroy ADs ..al its ops are against militants ... Just coz its american ?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aksungur broke its endurance record by staying in the air for 60 hours (fucking 2.5 days lol). According to TAI Aksungur can increase its endurance record even further.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,265
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
UÇBEY VTOL UAV conducts first operational debut. Successfully facilitates the elimination of two PKK terrorists, one of which in the grey list.

ucbey_gorevini_yapti_pkk_lilar_dikey_kalkis_ozellikli_iha_ile_bulundu_h17439_51c59.jpg

songul-ozgun-terorist-muhimmat.jpg

UC%CC%A7BEY-9.png

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
UÇBEY VTOL UAV conducts first operational debut. Successfully facilitates the elimination of two PKK terrorists, one of which in the grey list.

ucbey_gorevini_yapti_pkk_lilar_dikey_kalkis_ozellikli_iha_ile_bulundu_h17439_51c59.jpg

songul-ozgun-terorist-muhimmat.jpg

UC%CC%A7BEY-9.png

The more I see those PKK terrorists, the less I become able to differentiate whether this individual is a male or female, lool

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom