Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, you don't need air superiority to use TB2. In fact, it is the opposite. TB2 is designed for disputed airspace operations. Sending your fighters to disputed airspace is risky if you lose fighters this means pilots will likely die and you will suffer big material losses. If you lose a TB2 it is bad but it is not a disaster it is similar to losing a missile. TB2 provides a way to execute CAS and recon missions in disputed airspace without taking big risks.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,945
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Frankly, I think you guys are putting a bit too much praise on TB2. It's great but more drones won't help Ukraine any more than they are already doing. TB2 has a specialized role in this conflict and that is what it's being used for. It's part of a greater whole.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Someone is recording the video with a phone. Probably not an official video release probably leaked by the TB2 crew.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,945
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,142
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Vehicles clustered closely together and lined up. They might as well have gift-wrapped them for the Ukrainian army.

What are these idiots doing? Aren't these supposed to be proper Russian troops now? Don't tell me they are still sending inexperienced conscripts.

they are getting slaughtered all around. From Spetznaz to paratroopers to infrantry and conscripts

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The right move they made in Ukraine's purchase of TB2, "probably thinking that the Russians will hit the bases hard from the first day," is to buy a Mobile Ground Control Station (Mobile YKİ). With the mobile YKI, the TB2s have gotten rid of being in a fixed position and have gained mobility on the ground in a sense.
Mobile stations can be sent to the desired regions quickly and perform the task there. It is possible to quickly relocate against threats. Also, since there is no SATCOM in TB2, the 300~ km communication range is increased thanks to the mobility of the Mobile YKIs.
3D9ED5D8-072D-469B-B58D-7AB6F7E30A76.jpeg

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 987
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Someone is recording the video with a phone. Probably not an official video release probably leaked by the TB2 crew.
That was my initial thought but It turns out this video was shared by Chief of Staff of Ukraine.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,371
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope that Bayraktar is ready for more countries asking for ther TB2, this war is another resume for Turkish defence industry. Russian don't have any excuses anymore for ther SAM. I assume this is no export version, or is it expert version AMSCXNWLMDCXM :D .

Blank1

Reactions
To my Turkish brothers, how negatively the Turkish defence sector will be effected by the invasion of Ukraine ?
e.g What will happen to MIUS, Atak 2, gezgin etc

Can some one explain ?

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should solve engine issue in akıncı and mius after invasion of Ukraine.
Very critical attack by Russians against us

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
To my Turkish brothers, how negatively the Turkish defence sector will be effected by the invasion of Ukraine ?
e.g What will happen to MIUS, Atak 2, gezgin etc

Can some one explain ?
Far too early to tell anything as it can go both ways with increased as well as terminated corporation depending on the situation.

The only thing one can realistically assume at this point in time is that the development work have been slowed down temporarily but this does not mean anything since the speed can actaully increase later if we get Ukranian engineers to work in Turkey.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 987
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Also Akıncı has an alternative Engine PT-6A, That wouldnt create much problem. We can switch the engine supplies pretty quickly, There is already prototyple flying with that engine.

astragan

Reactions
1 120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe that this war will be a reminder for other Nato members that Türkiye is a very valuable part of the bloc. Although I am deeply sad about all that's going on in Ukraine and I heartily support Ukraine and its people, I think that this war will be an eye opener for the west that we are also a part of this alliance and that they need us more than we need them. So, after the end of the war, we might be able to open a new chapter with the EU and the US on the embargo for the Turkish defence industry. Before this war, I wasn't optimistic about it but now, although it might be a bit early, it feels like we may even get our F-35s back (fingers crossed). If the Russian S-400s prove to be much more ineffective than previously thought, the US might just give up on its meaningless pursuit.

We shall see as it all unfolds, but I have high hopes that the weapons embargo would be lifted in a very near future. Then, even if all goes south and we can't get the engines from Ukraine, we might be able to purchase compatible ones from the west, or at least import necessary parts and perhaps know-how to develop our own. Besides, from what we've seen previously, these things are made with a range of different engines in mind. And since they are designed from ground up as these things are in a rather new category of weaponry, the engine mounts and control systems are probably very easily swappable.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom