Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ANKA and AKSUNGUR production and deliveries continue what do you mean? If someone is left alone and out of UCAV procurement it's Vestel. Over 50 ANKA were produced by now it has different configurations, every branch of the Armed Forces is using them also MIT.

AKSUNGUR for example was favoured by the Navy not AKINCI. You can't compare that to the BMC fiasco.

You guys seriously should stop mixing trash Turkish politics into such topics, TB-2 is cheaper, less complex than ANKA yet it is more than enough to fullfill the required duties. So what is bad about it?
I ask you again!! Why akıncı get into tsk inventory first even though aksungur made its first flight months ago than akıncı??
Why TUSAŞ is not showing its ucav concept??
Is it because that it is asked to not focus on ucav ?? Is it being stopped to work on ucav??
Answers??
We see temel Kotil talks about every things but ucav, do you not wonder why??
We will learn then everything after akp, you will see even you don't want to see!!

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
15 5,026
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I ask you again!! Why akıncı get into tsk inventory first even though aksungur made its first flight months ago than akıncı??
Why TUSAŞ is not showing its ucav concept??
Is it because that it is asked to not focus on ucav ?? Is it being stopped to work on ucav??
Answers??
We see temel Kotil talks about every things but ucav, do you not wonder why??
We will learn then everything after akp, you will see even you don't want to see!!
Why Akinci was delivered first is a question nobody can answer here. We just can speculate. Right Aksungur made it‘s maiden flight 5-6 month earlier, maybe TSK wanted something stronger with capability to carry heavier bombs and SOM. Why did the Navy choose Aksungur? Probably because it‘s high endurance and Naval configuration.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if the operator who will use MIUS will be able to use this UAV inside a 360-degree training simulation which has environmental awareness (HAVELSAN tech.) within and engage in a dogfight or carry out an operation? It would be marvelous but is it possible technological wise.
Only visuals or representative symbology without motion (it's better not to stress human body) should be enough for an expert human to dogfight or to perform any kind of operation. But if we have too many UCAVs there would be bandwidth limitations. So there would be a limit to how many UCAVs can be controlled like this.

Instead of this we could offload low level functions to AI, like flying or dogfighting and simple decision making (i.e. use terrain to get away from SAM threat) and control high level functions like decision making i.e which areas should be attacked, rules of engagement, weapon launch confirmations to human operators. In time we can offload this kind of high level decision making to AI too.

Alternatively manned fighters and other aircraft can control those UCAVs too. An optionally manned UCAV or unmanned fighter aircraft would do as well.

The most probable threat we'll face is datalink jamming and hijacking of unmanned vehicles. The second would be attacks against AI logic. AI is still stupid like other computer software, on top of that most AI methods perform like a black box and people do not understand what they do. If the enemy discovers a method to fool it he will exploit it. A country like Turkey which does not have deep roots in information technologies and cybersecurity would be extremely vulnerable.

Sample attacks agains AI image recognition:

The other threat would be reduction of human expertise. If AI does the job good enough we would lack pilots who can do the same job in a better way.

So if I was the state my roadmap would be:

- mass production of unmanned material using state of the art production techniques.
- produce i.e 30-40 unmanned vehicle in a month instead of below 10
- produce them from many factories including factories at battlefield
- make components cheaper and cheaper
- program simple swarm logic to those platforms (like ant colonies individual drones would be very basic but what they do as a hive would be very complex)
- offload high level decision making to specialized units or humans
- do not let humans to lose their edge - i.e. put pilots to VR and real dogfights and to operations 24/7
- make it national duty to control & design those kind of machines i.e. video games to practice or to find new methods

In the short term we will be getting limited by engines to power these air vehicles for mass production.

Reality show

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone please clarify what is the purpose of black sea shelid company , i hope that turkey did get engines blueprints for its drone's project
I tried to find some info but ibdidnt get any good on this topic

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,450
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
69075F7A-675B-44A1-AE7D-8A9DA01A1A15.jpeg

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone please clarify what is the purpose of black sea shelid company , i hope that turkey did get engines blueprints for its drone's project
I tried to find some info but ibdidnt get any good on this topic
It was to montage the provided engine parts by Ukraine together and sell it to Turkish state ,Turkish companies. Now Ukraine engine company is gone, i think that company is useless now

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
123 15,047
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Yasar @Stuka @TheInsider @Cabatli_53 et al.

This is actually a pretty good question. We know that Ukraine needs urgently financial resources and the company itself is obviously not able to produce what we'd like to purchase from its catalogue anymore due to the ongoing war in the country. Is it possible to simply obtain licence? This way the company would still stay afloat and manage to survive the situation at hand. Does anyone have information on how Turkey is planning to overcome this obstacle?

Articles like this one below suggest a rather bleak future for our engine procurements:

Question: Couldn’t TEI build motorsich engine of mius under licence?

Before such a question can be answered some facts regarding the details of “license agreement” have to be clarified.
There are license agreements where it is no more than putting together foreign parts. There are license agreements where certain amount of local production “percentage” is allowed. Then there are full TOT involved license productions like our 120mm L5 guns. All of these could be tied to a sub heading of full autonomy or limited or no export conditions.
At the end of the day anything short of full autonomy production with total Transfer Of Technology, will never satisfy us. Anything short of this and Ukraine is under Russian control, will be the end of any other type of license agreement.
I won’t even delve in to the two different schools and levels of engine technology two companies work on.
TEI, first has to produce a turbofan engine itself. Then it needs to create a turbofan ecosystem around itself so that sustainability of production quality and a family of turbofan engines becomes a reality. If this is not done, it can never be more than a parts producer or “licensed” production partner.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 664
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Judging by the shape, Turkish Aerospace is making a bomber drone. This will nicely complement the Kizilelma.

Kilzilelma/MIUS for air superiority
TISU for deep bombing campaigns

According to known timelines, both Baykar MIUS and Turkish Aerospace TISU are slated for 2022-2025, so more information on TISU should be unveiled soon.
I want to see this old dream comes true ASAP.

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 90

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom