Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,920
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Apparently the PPK shot down an AKSUNGUR. Can anyone confirm the validity of this video?
Don't know but since when do MALE drones fly a couple hundred meters above ground? Pretty sure Aksungur is also not in the inventory of the Land Forces/Air Force only the Navy and that in limited numbers. Why would the Navy be flying a Aksungur a couple hundred meters above ground over northern Iraq?

Smells funny to me, especially this being circulated by troll on twitter belonging to the iranian dictatorship regime :) Funny, I'm sure has nothing to to with them being embarassed in front of the whole World by Türkiye.

I think these trolls should be more worried about who israel is going to off next of their leadership instead of collaborating with the pkk to create videos, even if the video is real , and I have serious doubts, one Aksungur was lost we have hundreds of TB2s and dozens of Ankas as well as Akincis, Syrian regime trolls were celebrating the same way in March of 2020 until they realized the bombings didn't stop because they downed one TB2 and one Anka.

These kinds of things may work with those who are either A still a teenager or B are an adult but their brain never grew.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,556
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
MIT has also drones

Strange thing is there is no any rejection from Turkish side to the claim

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,920
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
MIT has also drones

Strange thing is there is no any rejection from Turkish side to the claim
If I'm not mistaken MIT only uses TB2 and only recently has gotten Akinci, and the one Intelligence gathering Anka.

Second point if we rejected every video/claim coming from iran/pkk we would do nothing every day but write rejections.

Like I said if this was an TB2 or Akinci/Anka I would be more interested, the only branch using Aksungur is the Navy and that in limited numbers ( I believe 6?), as I know the Navy is not active in northern iraq.

The video alone seems weird to me, only thermal never switched back to normal view, the drones flight looks weird too as well as flying that low? Also it being circulated by iranian regime trolls? Don't know, I give that it is real a really low percentage.

And even if it was real, who cares, the US lost half a dozen Reapers in the last months over Yemen. Don't see anyone acting as if Houthis won against the US with this one.

TAI will just replace it with 3 more drones in a month. This is nothing but a butthurt iranian regime trying to brainwash its own people after bein embarassed on international stage.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,920
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
One Aksungur was already lost over N.Iraq last year even though it was confirmed to be owned by the navy.

They way the released videos are cut its hard to tell if its really the same weapons the houthis used, because they show the actual missile impact
Hmm interesting, 1. Why is the Navy active over northern Iraq 2. from what I see under the tweet I can't really make up any shrapnel or explosion markings.

What is the chance it crashed because of another reason?

RMZN

Reactions
1 168
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hmm interesting, 1. Why is the Navy active over northern Iraq 2. from what I see under the tweet I can't really make up any shrapnel or explosion markings.

What is the chance it crashed because of another reason?
Could be. I dont remember seeing any claims for shooting it down.

Im also curious if the US is using some kind of EW pod to protect their mq9s as seen in the newest video

If EW proves ineffective the government should look into developing a protection system akin to what the US is planning on using.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 517
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could be. I dont remember seeing any claims for shooting it down.

Im also curious if the US is using some kind of EW pod to protect their mq9s as seen in the newest video

If EW proves ineffective the government should look into developing a protection system akin to what the US is planning on using.

1. Why we don't add a few hundred dollars worth of chaff and flares to a 10 to 30 million dollars worth of drones
  2. or use RWR to warn when drones are being targeted by radar
  3. or add DIRCMs against heat seeking missiles IIR missiles
  4. or fly at a high enough altitude (as close as possible to 50,000 feet (ca. 15 kilometers) at all times) ?
This is a terrible development that is being ignored by TAF, Baykar and TAI.
What good are these drones if not only they are useless in Ukraine, Aegean, and now we can't even use them against goat loving PKK primates?

BaburKhan

Reactions
5 817
Website
www.instagram.com
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Kargi was exhibited, but still not officially in Invertory ?
Give it 3 more Efes exercises and it should be ready.

RMZN

Reactions
1 168
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I rewatched the footage again and at 2:12 there doesnt seem to be a cut but also no indication of a missile/rocket impacting the UCAV?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 7,953
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I rewatched the footage again and at 2:12 there doesnt seem to be a cut but also no indication of a missile/rocket impacting the UCAV?

Warhead detonation can be seen. The sudden ultra-bright signature.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,161
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Tunisian air force used Anka in an exercise

8XpquvgM.jpg
LzaWOJMR.jpg

Top Bottom