UK/EU/Irish conflict and Northern Ireland Protocol.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Please move this thread if I am posting in the wrong place.

Its becoming more and more clear that the UK can't abide the Northern Irish protocol or the Irish sea border between Britain and Northern Ireland. Its clear the Irish and EU are using it to economically blockade trade from Britain to Northern Ireland, and force the re-routing of trade from the UK to Ireland, within Northern Ireland. The Loyalists can't accept this situation, but its now clear that the British government can't accept it either.

I am English and I voted to leave the EU. I did so expecting all this to happen, expecting it to lead to a conflict or rearrangement of trade and economic supply chain issues. I expected the EU and Ireland to play hard-ball and for all the issues currently happening to happen. Which has surprised me is Boris Johnson and the British government actually caring about the Loyalists and understand the geo-political and power implications of what's going on.

Honestly I didn't think Britain leaving the EU was such a big threat to the EU or the Euro-phile people in Britain. I didn't realized that they had invested so much into it emotionally and would be unable to let go of it. I didn't expect them to break the legal and Parliamentary structure just to try and force Britain to remain in the EU. Handing all the power to the government to do what it wanted going forward. The punishment of Britain by the EU and undermining of the UK from within by EU activists are something which will force Britain to go to war with the EU/Ireland. Which I had expected as well, I just didn't think the British government would actually have it within them to do it. But all the pro-EU people have been wiped out in Parliament/government and left the civil service. They threw all they had into stopping us leaving and their defeat has been much worse than I expected.

As of right now the UK carriers have overseas doing stuff with Russia and China for the Americans. Once they get back, I think it is likely the UK will break/no longer enforce the Irish sea border. At which point there will be a massive political and military issue between the EU and UK. As there are three solutions, first enforcing the Irish sea border, which Britain can't accept. Second the Irish land border, which the EU says it can't accept. Third a all Ireland join EU/UK trade area, with the trade posts and economic border being between Ireland and the EU. Forth option is a United Ireland, but that were cause a war in Ireland. The only solution which is possible to prevent violence is the join UK/EU all Ireland trade area. Which the Irish can't accept.

So the only option here is a war to decide what happens. Whoever is more powerful and wins, gets to decide. As of right now the UK would win any war with Ireland/EU. We have the bigger navy, better logistics and are united. The Irish would be overrun in a couple weeks. So that seems like the preferable option for Britain at the moment. Much like Russia going to war over Ukraine, Britain will go to war over Ireland. I believe the EU and Irish themselves have totally misread the British position and will be shock (as I am) that the British will not back down or retreat anymore. The EU/Irish could change or soften their positions, but they think they have the British over the barrel, not understand that the British will pull the trigger to protect their position in Ireland.

At that point only the Americans coming in could stop the British from taking Ireland and pulling back to the North, forcing the trade regime they want and protecting their interests and power in Ireland. The pro-EU activists/Irish government/EU have no idea of the mood in England and no idea what's going on within the English nation. They still believe they have the power and control they have had since the Suez Crisis. But with the 2016 referendum result things changed and since then the English have been moving to war to break free from the constraints placed upon them over the past 80 years.

Finally Boris is clearly as massive risk taker and master politician, he only cares about power. Isn't an ideological activists. He will take any risk need to enforce and maintain his power and the power of his family. The game has changed now, not only in England, but across the world. The world order is falling and something new old is coming to replace it.

What do people think?

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope the British give the Irish what they deserve.

Which is shock and awe.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom