Ukraine Correspondent
Reactions
4 841
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Ukraine

17 civilians killed in Russian attack on Kherson​

On 3 May, 17 people were killed and 45 others injured, including two children, in a Russian artillery attack on the city of Kherson and Kherson Oblast. Ukraine’s Internal Affairs Ministry reported that Russian forces shelled a supermarket and railway station in the regional capital at around 11 a.m. According to the ministry, the victims include both supermarket employees and customers.

View attachment 57052

View attachment 57053

View attachment 57054

View attachment 57055

View attachment 57057

View attachment 57058

View attachment 57059

View attachment 57060

View attachment 57061

View attachment 57062

update

killed 21 people, another 48 people were injured

Woland

Committed member
Ukraine Moderator
Reactions
5 595
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Ukraine
My opinion on today's drone "attack" on the Kremlin is that it was just somebody inside of Russia with no connection to the Russian or Ukrainian government using a cheap drone.

I don't think the Kremlin would do it, it's too embarrassing. Even though the speed with which the footage was released adds credence to the theory that it's a false flag it would be too humiliating that air defenses of the Kremlin are this much of a joke.

Ukraine has few reasons to use a very long-range drone with negligible impact. There are better and more practical targets. Other than being symbolic and funny, hitting the Kremlin in this way does little for Ukraine.

Last edited:

Dmitry

Committed member
Ukraine Correspondent
Reactions
4 841
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Ukraine

Russian Armed Forces placed explosives at one of the turbine compartments of ZNPP (Zaporizhzhia), – IAEA observers​

☢️

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,720
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
As expected, the United States 🇺🇸 has announced another $300 Million defense package for Ukraine. The contents are as follows...

- Unknown number and type of additional 155mm howitzers.

- Additional GMLRS for HIMARS.

- Additional 155mm artillery shells.

- Additional 60mm, 81mm and 120mm mortar rounds.

- Additional TOW missiles.

- AT4 and Carl Gustav anti-armor rockets.

- Hydra-70 aircraft rockets.

- Additional rifles and machine guns + ammunition.

- Demolition and obstacle clearing equipment.

- Trucks and trailers to transport heavy equipment.

- Testing ang diagnostic equipment for vehicle repair and maintenance.

- Spare parts and other equipment.

Another notable package as the the USA helps arm Ukraine for its upcoming counter offensive. The most notable part of this package is if 155mm howtizers. We don't know if they are towed M777s or self-propelled Paladins, but this has to be discouraging for Russia. They've spent the better half of a year trying to destroy the original M777s that were donated to Ukraine. They've manage to destroy about 1/3 of the ones that were originally sent. The fact that the USA can simply replenish those lost howitzers with such ease, has to be demoralizing. Sucks to suck, Russia.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,063
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Lol Russia 🇷🇺... What an incompetent country of people.

433 days into their war and they're actually losing more ground than they're gaining. In January they controlled 16% of Ukraine. They now control 15% of Ukraine 4 months later, and it's cost them tens of thousands of soldiers and mercenaries during their disaster of an attempt to take Bahkmut.

Yes the cost of life has been high in Ukraine. They've suffered more than 100,000 casualties during the war. But Russia has likely lost twice that and the West has really only given the Ukrainians a little over $100 Billion in military and macro financial aid. That's relatively small potatoes, especially because we've held back most of the best gear / equipment that would inflict the highest devastation on the Russian aggressors.

This war is increasingly becoming an absolute disaster for the Kremlin and a national embarassment for Russian families who keep having their loved ones return home in body bags, or whom have already been cremated on the battlefield and are listed as "missing". Maybe my expectations should have been lower / lesser of people from a country where 25% of the people still don't have indoor plumbing.

From the very first moments of the war we heard relentless russian bullshit. The first thing i remember the Russians claimed was that they destroyed the entire Ukrainian airforce and every single TB2 drone within the first hour. Since then there has always been a new victory on the horizon, but here we are over a year into the war, they completely failed to take bakhmut and now they fear a pending counter offensive.

The crazy thing about all the bullshit is that it doesnt matter how many times the Russians and their propergandists get caught out, they move onto the next new lie or the next great hope. Not so long ago they were claiming that Iranian drone was going to be a game changer, now its glide bombs, before these it was lancet missile.

For me I only really see a way out for the Russians is if Ukraine's allies/friends stop supplying them. As long as Ukraine continues to be supplied the outcome is decided and it really rests on when america wants to end it, by deciding what to give and when.

E

Era_shield

I don't think the Kremlin flag attack was a false flag attack - it was a flag attack. Russia is doing what they always do and trying to spin it, in this case as an "assassination" attempt, which is silly because Putin doesn't sit on the roof of the Kremlin. It's obviously a symbolic attack on the flag and the credibility of the Russian state. Such an attack, if it were a false flag, doesn't give Russia any benefit really. They're just trying to distract from the fact that they've been humiliated.

Last edited by a moderator:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
oh my god, are zelensky and russia still fighting? But, within 2 months, Zelensky was going to annex half of Russia.

Where is Abrams mpt, where is f 16's, patriots, Himars, A109's, Javelins, jdams, etc? Or did they sell them all to Türkiye? My be, did old biden forget his promises? 😡

My be, are the westerners out of money?

Last edited:

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,720
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
oh my god, are zelensky and russia still fighting? But, within 2 months, Zelensky was going to annex half of Russia.

Where is Abrams mpt, where is f 16's, patriots, Himars, A109's, Javelins, jdams, etc? Or did they sell them all to Türkiye? My be, did old biden forget his promises? 😡

My be, are the westerners out of money?
Ummmmm... Weirdest (and most misinformed) take ever.

- Both the German and American donated Patriot systems are actively online and working in Ukraine. We suspect the Dutch launchers are as well, but we're waiting on confirmation. Ukraine is a large country. Two batteries and a couple launchers isn't enough to cover everything. Nor does Ukraine have enough missiles to waste them on non-premium targets.

- The M109, 155 self-proppelled howtizers are working actively in Ukraine. A few have been destroyed, but Norway 🇳🇴 , Italy 🇮🇹 Latvia 🇱🇻, Britain 🇬🇧 and USA 🇺🇸 have combined to donate between 85-95 of diffferent variations of the American made howtizers the most recent 18 M109A6 Paladins (donated by the USA) are now in the hands of the Western trained, Ukrainian 118th mechanized Brigade, which is bring prepared for the counter offensive.

- HIMARS continue to be used every day in Ukraine, as strategic assets. We see videos released nearly daily of HIMARS strikes and their pinpoint devastation. Furthermore, USA just announced a new weapons package today. The very first thing listed in the package is GMLRS for HIMARS. Russians are going to keep getting their command posts hammered and their troops concentrations slaughtered while they sleep.

- We've seen multiple videos of JDAM strikes against Russian held areas. Ukraine is only able to use them in limited capacity because they can fly their aircraft at an altitude that would allow them to take full advantage of JDAM range. Russia has capable air defense systems. JDAMs will be much more effective when Ukraine goes on the offensive. As holes are created in Russia's air defense envelope, Ukrainian Migs will be able to enter the mix and put JDAMs on targets.

- Javelins have been widely used to fuck up Russian armor. Javelins and NLAWs are largely the reason Russia is (laughably) pull T-62s and T-55s out of storage. Because their T-72s and T-80s have been massacred en masse. The only reason tank casualties have been low of late for the Russians is because it's the mud season and Russia isn't trying to advance with them, out of fear that they'll get stuck and destroyed / captured. Make no mistake though. I can link you to dozens of videos of javelin strikes and Ukraine still hundreds, if not thosounds of javelin missiles waiting for Russian armor to attempt an advance.

- Nobody has ever promised F-16s to Ukraine. Not a single country has said that they will be delivered any time soon. Any suggestion to the contrary is simply fabrication on your behalf.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,853
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well... last tries, in specific in Kyiv, all cruise missiles and shaheds were downed. But they can still kill inocent people like bombing a market in Kherson, and kill 14 civilians, what they are causing is more support for Ukraine and more ammunition.

Today EU announced a 3Billion € plan for giving and making new artillery shells. It just can add more billions to the plan and jetfighters, while oil prices keep falling.

At this point more bombing has nothing to do with support. EU will still be supporting Ukraine had the bombing ceased.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Ummmmm... Weirdest (and most misinformed) take ever.

- Both the German and American donated Patriot systems are actively online and working in Ukraine. We suspect the Dutch launchers are as well, but we're waiting on confirmation. Ukraine is a large country. Two batteries and a couple launchers isn't enough to cover everything. Nor does Ukraine have enough missiles to waste them on non-premium targets.

- The M109, 155 self-proppelled howtizers are working actively in Ukraine. A few have been destroyed, but Norway 🇳🇴 , Italy 🇮🇹 Latvia 🇱🇻, Britain 🇬🇧 and USA 🇺🇸 have combined to donate between 85-95 of diffferent variations of the American made howtizers the most recent 18 M109A6 Paladins (donated by the USA) are now in the hands of the Western trained, Ukrainian 118th mechanized Brigade, which is bring prepared for the counter offensive.

- HIMARS continue to be used every day in Ukraine, as strategic assets. We see videos released nearly daily of HIMARS strikes and their pinpoint devastation. Furthermore, USA just announced a new weapons package today. The very first thing listed in the package is GMLRS for HIMARS. Russians are going to keep getting their command posts hammered and their troops concentrations slaughtered while they sleep.

- We've seen multiple videos of JDAM strikes against Russian held areas. Ukraine is only able to use them in limited capacity because they can fly their aircraft at an altitude that would allow them to take full advantage of JDAM range. Russia has capable air defense systems. JDAMs will be much more effective when Ukraine goes on the offensive. As holes are created in Russia's air defense envelope, Ukrainian Migs will be able to enter the mix and put JDAMs on targets.

- Javelins have been widely used to fuck up Russian armor. Javelins and NLAWs are largely the reason Russia is (laughably) pull T-62s and T-55s out of storage. Because their T-72s and T-80s have been massacred en masse. The only reason tank casualties have been low of late for the Russians is because it's the mud season and Russia isn't trying to advance with them, out of fear that they'll get stuck and destroyed / captured. Make no mistake though. I can link you to dozens of videos of javelin strikes and Ukraine still hundreds, if not thosounds of javelin missiles waiting for Russian armor to attempt an advance.

- Nobody has ever promised F-16s to Ukraine. Not a single country has said that they will be delivered any time soon. Any suggestion to the contrary is simply fabrication on your behalf.
dear relic. don't worry, calm down. I was just being ironic. I know the help. If you noticed, I said "the war between zelensky and russia". my opinion about this war is slightly different from the standard. I think this war is the war of the usa and its gang.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,063
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
One Ukraine solider was said about putin soliders "Thank god that they are so stupid"
putin soliders keep doing the same stupid thing over and over........again.

Another one, cope cage

When i first saw that clip, I laughed at it. The guy was basically saying things are really really looking bad for Ukraine, but at least the enemy is really dumb. That statement over a year into the war seems almost prophetic. Nearly the entire war effort from Russian side looks like a fiasco.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,720
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
dear relic. don't worry, calm down. I was just being ironic. I know the help. If you noticed, I said "the war between zelensky and russia". my opinion about this war is slightly different from the standard. I think this war is the war of the usa and its gang.
This is a war about NATO calling Putin's bluff. The Kremlin made 5 horrendous calculations when they invaded Ukraine.

1. That Ukraine's army was still stuck in 2014 and that the substantial training that West had provided Ukraine between 2014-2022 wasn't near enough to blunt the Russian advance. Russia was horrendously wrong in that calculation.

2. That Ukraine would fracture and wouldn't have anything to rally around. Putin undestimated Zelensky and his government's ability to mobilize the country for war, as well as the respect that Western leaders would have for him and his war effort. Putin thought Zelensky was weak and it turns out that he's been a huge pain in Putin's ass.

3. That NATO wouldn't put its money, equipment and training where it's mouth is and that they would fracture as an alliance. Putin bet on military and macro financial support for Ukraine being limited and short lasting. He thought that he could weaponize oil and natural gas enough that Europe would capitulate. Instead, they suffered through some hard times and the rest of the developed world rallied around them.

4. That the Russian military was more capable than it really is. Putin and his military leadership were extremely arrogant in the way they invaded. They used an undermanned force, in a complicated, 4 pronged attack, using mostly Soviet era / quality equipment. Their combined arms training is awful. Their air force is petrified to fly any of their valuable assets in Ukrainian air space and their soldiers have proven to be undisciplined, poorly trained and low on morale. Their best fighting force has been their Wagner mercenaries, and Wagner leadership is constantly at odds with the leadership of the regular Russian military. Putin's military is now bogged down and Russia has been forced to multiple rounds of mobilization, mobilizing even less interested "soldiers" and rushing them to the front lines with very little training and poor quality equipment.

5. That Russia had a big enough war chest to wait out the West. They didn't forsee $300 billion in foreign assets being frozen (and in some instances liquidated). They didn't forsee the price of oil normalizing, taking the heat off of Europem they didn't forsee themselves losing strategic assets such as a naval flagship, or the majority of their VDV. They never thought they'd be pulling pathetic T-62's and T-55's out of storage because of severe, modern tank shortages, at the same time that Ukraine just starts to get more modern Western armor.

There is a bigger point than all of that, however. NATO and their allies see this as the least expensive opportunity that they'll ever have to neuter Russia as a major global influence. Russia's mistake in Ukraine gives the West the chance to use Ukrainian blood and old Western stockpiles of weapons to defeat the Russian army for a generation and deeply destroy the Russian economy and their ties to the rest of developed Europe and West, from who they relied on so much. We are absolutely self-interested and we've taken advantage of Russia flinching first. The West has only spent about $100 Billion thus far, to keep Ukraine well positioned in this war, while Russia hemorrhages resources and scrambles to stay in the fight. $100 Billion is NOTHING in the grand scheme. My country (Canada) alone spent nearly $500 Billion during the pandemic. We've spent about $5 Billion in support of Ukraine. Again, among the cheapest deals we'll ever get to be part of a coalition that destroys Russia's influence in Europe. They're not our friends and they never have been. It's absolutely on our best interest to see Russia deeply weakened. The investment is truly worth every penny!

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
13 4,980
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It doesn't override the "false flag" but it seems reasonable to me that those guys were on the roof as a result of a previous strike:

Assassination attempt? Who in the hell thinks Putin is still working at 2:30AM in the Russian Senate?
They just need some material for keeping the justification on dropping bombs over civilians.
I honestly think that this is just the Russian FSB plan to try and show the Russian populace a reason to continue the war
The russian populace is slowly waking up and realising that they are never seeing their dead offspring again which means that the special military operation isnt progressing as planned as Putin is portraying. Therefore, the Russian FSB implemented this farce to justify the continuation of the operation to the Russian populace by saying "See? The Ukrainians are coming to kill us all!?"

controlling the population by instilling fear that isnt even present is a common FSVPB tactic to control how the average Russian citizen think

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom