Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,379
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So when will Zelensky proactively condemn war in Myanmar, Sudan, Palestine or Africa ?

When was the last time anyone heard one from him ? Anyone?

“Unfortunately, there are some in the world and here, among you, who turn a blind eye to [prisoner of war] cages and illegal annexations,” the president said. “I am here so that everyone can take an honest look. No matter how hard the Russians try to influence [others], there must still be independence.”

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
So when will Zelensky proactively condemn war in Myanmar, Sudan, Palestine or Africa ?

“Unfortunately, there are some in the world and here, among you, who turn a blind eye to [prisoner of war] cages and illegal annexations,” the president said. “I am here so that everyone can take an honest look. No matter how hard the Russians try to influence [others], there must still be independence.”

Bruh, you know geopolitics is a dirty business.
Obviously, it is not about being morally righteous. Only pretends to be when it suits your propose.

Ukraine needs world-wide public sympathy right now. Thus, no surprise that his rethorics are carefully crafted to serve that purpose.

Just from that point of view, condemning wars in Palestine would've make sense.
But then again, it would irritate Zelensky's Western friends/Guardians.

E

Era_shield

U.S. charges Greek businessman with smuggling military and dual-use goods to Russia​

Rijen Netherlands
The United States Department of Justice has charged a Greek national with wire fraud and smuggling sensitive military-grade and dual-use goods from the United States to Russia. The suspect, Dr. Nikolaos “Nikos” Bogonikolos, 59, was arrested in Paris, France, on May 9, at the request of the United States, and is currently in custody pending extradition proceedings.

Something tells me the US media won't cover this hysterically and try to turn it into a "Greece is an anti-NATI Russian puppet!" narrative like they try to do against Turkiye.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo

please deh ah, your question more suitable for leaders who don't have occupation issue like Zelensky had. the point of your question...........

FiReFTW

Reactions
1 56
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Switzerland
I'm completely aware that Ukraine is suffering immensely in this war and that they are losing tons of men, resources and equipment. That isn't lost on me at all. I'm also fully aware that Western propaganda and Russian propaganda are clashing in extreme fashion.

But time and resources are on Ukraine's side, not Russia's. Ukraine is fully invested in this war and has millions of men to draw from for combat. In order for Russia to replicate that, they eould need full, general mobilization, something that their country has no stomach for right now. It's incredibly difficult to advance against a foe with similar capabilities. If you think for a second that Russia hasn't suffered thousands of WIA and KIA in their advance of Bakhmut, I can't help you. Historically, assaulting forces expect about a 3-to-1 attrition rate when on the offensive. You can assume that for every 1000 soldiers lost around Bakhmut that Russia lost about 3000. That's just how war works. That has nothing to with bias.

As for your claim that The Patriot Battery in Kyiv was destroyed, I'd ask you for some evidence? What did the missile hit? Did it destroy the system's radar? Did it destroy multiple launchers, located KMs apart? You have to provide me with something technical and evidence based. Watching a missile hit something, from afar, tells us nothing. The system could have easily had a component damaged, without the system being destroyed entirely. Unless you're going to tell me that 1 non-nuclear missile took out the multiple launch batteries located all over the city.

I'm happy to have a military conversation with you if you'd like. I'm not operating under any delusion that Ukraine isn't experiencing substantial attrition as well. The problem for Russia is that there is a 50+ country coalition backing Ukraine, with the explicit goal of seeing Russia lose. Meanwhile, Russian support is from some 3rd world countries that can barely offer Russia any capability that they don't already have. Russia is largely fighting this war like it's 1945.

As for the idea that Russia was going to run out of missiles, who said that? Journalists? Ukraine?... I never once heard the American Government, the British Government or the German Government say anything of the sort. Listen to official sources that are involved in the war, not random news outlets that have no idea of Russia's actual stockpile. This is what we do know about missiles though. Russia is getting low on their best ones. How do we know? Because they've significantly reduced the number of accurate Caliber and Iskander cruise missiles it uses, and is forced to use old KH series missiles and S300 missiles (in ground attack mode). Russia is losing territory in the grand scheme of things, all while their volleys of missiles continue to be less effective and numerous. That smells deeply of a country that is running out of time to make substantial gains, as their key resources dwindle.

Lastly, this is how you know the war isn't going well for Russia. Over the last year, they've lost exponentially more land than they've gained, all while exhausting extensive resources and manpower and replacing it with terribly trained soldiers (by all accounts) and Soviet era armored vehicles that are getting increasingly shitty in quality. They're actively sending T-62 MBTs to the front lines to plug the holes left by the destruction of hundreds of their best tanks.

Happy to engage in any kind of conversation you want to have!

My point was that both sides are suffering alot of casualties and equipment losses.
From your post before this one it appeared as if you were one of many people that seem to think that Ukraine is destroying Russian equipment and soldiers easily while they are not losing any themselves, there are quite a few people who are convinced of that trust me.

I love military and tactics and equipment and all of that and I hate it when people hate on weapons that apparently are "sh*t" when there is way more depth in it.
A good example is that alot of people said that Russian tanks are cr*p because of what happened at the start of the invasion when the reality is that Ukraine also had mostly Russian equipment and it was not the equipment but absolutely horrible tactics and strategy and the way the equipment was used.

From this post above I do see you are not like that, and I generally agree with most of what you said.
This war will not end soon I believe and there will be alot more casualties on both sides.

Ukraine has a lot of manpower and so does Russia.
Ukraine has the advantage of having an endless supply of ammo, weapons, equipment tho, that might prove to be crucial in the end.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,742
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
12.40 p.m

Kalinka Aaman Agger

Bakhmut was a "mouse trap" – has given Russia a handicap​

The fighting in Bakhmut has not been in vain for Ukraine, although Russia reportedly controls most of the city and many Ukrainian soldiers have lost their lives.

"Russia had to move important military reserves and ammunition to Bakhmut to stop Ukraine's advances north and south of the city. It has given the Russians' preparation for the offensive a handicap," explains British general Richard Barrons to Sky News and points out that Ukraine's counteroffensive is just around the corner.

According to the general, the Wagner group has "collapsed" as a result of the fierce fighting, which - as many other analyzes and intelligence have also concluded - means that it may be a long time before the Wagner group starts new offensives.

According to Ukrainian politician Andriy Osadtyuk, who sits in the country's parliament, Ukraine has long believed that Bakhmut had no major strategic importance.

He explains to Sky News that Ukraine deliberately set out to defend the city because this prevented Russia from carrying out attacks "further" inside the country.

"After all, Bakhmut is a mousetrap for the Russian forces in south-eastern Ukraine. Ukraine's military will certainly continue the operation because our objective is simple – we will have to destroy as many of its forces as possible,' says Andriy Osadtyuk.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Ukraine has a lot of manpower and so does Russia.
Ukraine has the advantage of having an endless supply of ammo, weapons, equipment tho, that might prove to be crucial in the end.

For me the war is as simple as this. Both sides won't have any problems raising manpower, even then the methods of raising such manpower are on the side of Ukraine. The Russians drag any bum off the street and then send him to front lines. The Ukrainians send their men to get several months of NATO level training and then they're gradually introduced into the battle.

But the second point is the critical issue and the issue that i think decides the war. Ukraine in reality is going to receive an endless supply, the russians have attacked too many nations and made too many enemies, that not only are people willing to arm Ukraine but they are happy doing it.

Then we have the problem that in bakhmut it may have been the russians final ability at offensive actions. Meanwhile what the west can supply Ukraine is still massive, the options still insanely varied. Just look at how some cruise missiles can cause problems now.

I also suspect that the issue of western supplies has never been discussed in any detail by any russian political analysts because they know the conclusion of it was quite grim for Russia.

Unless Russia can stop Ukraine being supplied, the outcome is certain.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,377
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
While it's sure to be crushed, can we appreciate for a second the fact that pro Ukrainian forces moved deeper into Russia in one day, than the Russian Forces moved into Bakhmut in 6 months...

It's sounds like a Russian MI-8 helicopter has been shot down in the region as well. This is simply one more thing that Russia can't afford to be dealing with right now. You've got to love it.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Top Bottom