Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm afraid that sanctions against the oligarchs won't do anything when the population's support for Putin is 85%. Communicating with Russians in telegram channels, I clearly see the result of many years of brainwashing: I see hatred and a desire to destroy Ukrainians in the vast majority of ordinary citizens of Russia. Moreover, they place all the blame for the complexity of the economic situation on the countries of the West and, as a result, even greater rallying around their leader, Putin, and even more hatred for Ukraine. in the destruction of Ukraine they see the solution to all their troubles
It just needs a little more time to sink in. Those Putinists are going to be hit by the dire economic situation they've ran their country into, and the dead corpses of clueless youth are going to arrive in waves.
The state of ridicule and isolation will make Russia as Soviet as it ever has been:

And then people are going to start realising.

Plus, those in telegram channels are probavly mostly bots financed by the government of Russia with a bag or two of sugar.

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The battle of Mosul remains the most devastating use of airpower and artillery on a city in th 21st century and it still took 9+ months to recapture.

I would like to see Russia walk the talk here. It's like they're going to either exhaust their munitions here or they're going with usual CW attack. Either way, they're fucked an if Trent telenko is right. Russia only has another months before their entire logistics collapse all across the front. Mariupol should at least stand for another month.

tomthebotfly

Reactions
1 218
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Italy
The battle of Mosul remains the most devastating use of airpower and artillery on a city in th 21st century and it still took 9+ months to recapture.

I would like to see Russia walk the talk here. It's like they're going to either exhaust their munitions here or they're going with usual CW attack. Either way, they're fucked an if Trent telenko is right. Russia only has another months before their entire logistics collapse all across the front. Mariupol should at least stand for another month.
Agree. The siege of Grozny alone lasted 3 months, took incredible amounts of ammunition and completely destroyed the city, and then there was an insurgency for another 9 years after that. Mariupol has a population that is twice that of Grozny, and this time it's not within the Russian borders so supply lines are a lot more strained.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Did NATO promise Russia never to expand to the east?​

20220321_034919.jpg

20220321_034940.jpg

20220321_035012.jpg

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm afraid that sanctions against the oligarchs won't do anything when the population's support for Putin is 85%. Communicating with Russians in telegram channels, I clearly see the result of many years of brainwashing: I see hatred and a desire to destroy Ukrainians in the vast majority of ordinary citizens of Russia. Moreover, they place all the blame for the complexity of the economic situation on the countries of the West and, as a result, even greater rallying around their leader, Putin, and even more hatred for Ukraine. in the destruction of Ukraine they see the solution to all their troubles
Oligarchs are able to let Putin assassinate. Only choice, before he starts WW3.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

No. That was Grosny.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if they (for whatever dumb reason) decide not to do a French nuclear model ...i.e simply copy and implement like TGV ---> ICE.

They should have built LNG port in the last 20 years to handle it....as basic hedge.

Buying from Qatar sounds easy on paper....but can Rotterdam handle it on top of what it already handles? How long will the capacity take to increase to handle german requirements too?

Instead they trusted and built up Russia with their trade and investment.

Then schroeder flies over there to talk to putin.....

....and these people give sermon to developing world tonot buy russian energy and products suddenly.

This western colonial era hypocrisy of non-white people being born yesterday has to go.

Longer it stays...the longer everyone is worse off.

They will build LNG Ports for US gas.

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No. That was Grosny.
Nope, Mosul is more devastating. Both in the use of airpower, longevity of the operation and the sheer intensity of the war.

Agree. The siege of Grozny alone lasted 3 months, took incredible amounts of ammunition and completely destroyed the city, and then there was an insurgency for another 9 years after that. Mariupol has a population that is twice that of Grozny, and this time it's not within the Russian borders so supply lines are a lot more strained.

The only option for Putin to enter the city without having so much casualties is either nuke the city (in which it would make the city uninhabitable thus depriving his troops the chance to enter) or he'll have to use CW.

Unlike Russia's war in Chechnya and Syria. Ukraine this time has the air force and air defence to at least complicate Russian air operations to bombard the cities, they have the option via TB-2 to pick up Russian artillery outside the city proper. The kind of capabilities that Syrian rebel or the Chechen fighters don't have in previous war with Russia.

Dmitry

Committed member
Ukraine Correspondent
Reactions
4 841
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Ukraine
It just needs a little more time to sink in. Those Putinists are going to be hit by the dire economic situation they've ran their country into, and the dead corpses of clueless youth are going to arrive in waves.
The state of ridicule and isolation will make Russia as Soviet as it ever has been:

And then people are going to start realising.

Plus, those in telegram channels are probavly mostly bots financed by the government of Russia with a bag or two of sugar.
no. It is telegram-chanel of IT and progarammers, with these people I talked on professional topics before the war

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom