Reactions
60 29,592
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The German newspaper Die Welt wrote that the US and Europe were secretly working for a diplomatic solution without prolonging their war in Ukraine. The newspaper claims that in order to end the war, the USA and EU countries are considering giving up their support to the Kyiv administration "by preserving Russia's reputation".

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
The German newspaper Die Welt wrote that the US and Europe were secretly working for a diplomatic solution without prolonging their war in Ukraine. The newspaper claims that in order to end the war, the USA and EU countries are considering giving up their support to the Kyiv administration "by preserving Russia's reputation".
For my part I think that is what will happen - since NATO is presently in no position to go head on head with Russia whilst avoiding a nuclear confrontation.
They need peace in Ukraine - and only then can NATO do what would have needed to be done already latest since 2014.

E

Era_shield

Just an opinion piece by an ex-diplomat.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
... If they were willing to die in Afghanistan, they will be willing to die for Estonia....
I think you got a very wrong impression about (UN) ISAF and it's later attached QRF, and the (USA) "operation Enduring freedom"
Aside from some hotheads no Bundeswehr member went there to die. The German government due to legal consequences in regards to KIA even avoided the word "war". Maybe you can do some read-up about how and what happened there and what ISAF's UN mission parameters were actually about.
Well, give it time, it will come to you. No hurry, just relax...

I never said it would be easy, but it is possible to trust a former enemy. For example Germany and France after the end of WWII. Millions of lives were lost, how much bloodshed, how .....
Central Western Europe is about industrialized states and "purchasing" resources from outside the EU needed to drive an industry. And someone who has a running economy primarily based on manufacturing isn't interested to go to war - just to take over others industry. WW1 was about nationalist hegemony within Europe primarily escalated between Austria and Russia.- both not being industrial, but resources and hegemony oriented.
WW2 - was a racial motivated war - primarily by Hitler and his Nazi thugs and in view of the HUGE RESOURCES of Russia. - especially Ukraine.
LEBENSRAUM and Kornkammer Europas. (Living-space and Europe's wheat/corn center).

More then 2/3 of the world are not industrialized nations but living of agricultural goods and selling their raw Resources - incl. cheap labor.
BTW, that is what Beijing's project "one road one world" is actually about - to give these 2/3 the possibility to make a living via industrialization and not just via selling out their raw resources or eying their neighbors resources.

And who opposes this constantly? with all kind of anti China propaganda? yes, the primary resource raptor on this planet, the USA.
Who has the largest resources of the world and a underdeveloped industry? yes, Russia.

So please don't tell me about a futuristic world vision - that right now is only sponsored/developed accordingly by China. Whilst the Western industrialized nations only come up with UNICEF like sponsoring to make themselves feel better, whilst continuing to exploit and feed the existing state corruptness of resource rich countries.

You still think this Ukraine war is about freedom and democracy? if Putin attacks the Baltic States - yes I am very willing to talk about freedom and democracy.

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In my opinion, Russia is going to end up much worse than anyone predicted.
By next year or in the next few years, Russia will be less of a problem than China. The latter will emerge as the world's second strongest military.
Already corrupt Russia will struggle really hard when the cards up its sleeves are played out.
Just an opinion.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
In my opinion, Russia is going to end up much worse than anyone predicted.
Possible - can't out-rule that - all depends on NATO's actual commitment
By next year or in the next few years, Russia will be less of a problem than China.
Why is China a problem? I am not aware that they have attacked anyone (Aside from Vietnam due to justifiable reasons) or fielding proxy wars in the past 70 years.
The latter will emerge as the world's second strongest military.
Emerge? They are already the No. 2 by far.

Mersinli

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Possible - can't out-rule that - all depends on NATO's actual commitment

Why is China a problem? I am not aware that they have attacked anyone (Aside from Vietnam due to justifiable reasons) or fielding proxy wars in the past 70 years.

Emerge? They are already the No. 2 by far.
Really?
Uyghur concentration camp,Dept trap for poor countries around the world,human rights,SCS,Hongkong,Taiwan to name a few.
China wants to be the US but it cant.
Why do you keep trying to sugarcoat everything regarding China?
Lets say the West overreacts with its anti China rethoric,wat about the rest of us,you think we dont have the intelligence to understand and see whats going on?
If China is that good,why doesnt have an ally?
With ally i mean,no forced because of dept like Pakistan,Myanmar etc.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Really?
Uyghur concentration camp,Dept trap for poor countries around the world,human rights,SCS,Hongkong,Taiwan to name a few.
China wants to be the US but it cant.
Why do you keep trying to sugarcoat everything regarding China?
Lets say the West overreacts with its anti China rethoric,wat about the rest of us,you think we dont have the intelligence to understand and see whats going on?
If China is that good,why doesnt have an ally?
With ally i mean,no forced because of dept like Pakistan,Myanmar etc.
Your US inspired propaganda doesn't help - since the US is already doing your job since 2016, without having any effect onto those that know about China.
BTW; who considers himself an ally or friend of Turkey :rolleyes: oh yeah right NATO :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would take it quite serious, after all it is not a first that the US, and the EU, betray their own projects (Ukrainian leadership in this case) in the scheme of events!

EDIT: Macron has been saying basically the same thing for weeks!

Last edited:

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would take it quite serious, after all it is not a first that the US, and the EU, betray their own projects (Ukrainian leadership in this case) in the scheme of events!

EDIT: Macron has been saying basically the same thing for weeks!
Does it occur to any of you that our leadership knows (at least suspect) that this is the case for sometime, and so avoid any act to spoil a half-established neutrality, despite the fact that a Russia on its knees will make life much easier for us?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pentagon reports say that the Ukrainian army has lost its ability to reclaim lost territory. (Ardan Zentürk say that)

I think they'll wait for Kherson to confirm that. If Ukrainian army can get Kherson back with a small loss, this war will last for a while.

If the Ukrainian army takes Kherson back but suffers heavy losses or cannot take it back, then they will put Ukraine on the truce table.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,820
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,462
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It will take years for NATO to get established in Sweden and Finland.
Unlike Poland, Czechia or other ex -Warsaw pact countries, Sweden and Finland are NATO ready since the start. It will be a smooth integration of Swedish and Finnish unit into NATO commands.
yup, no one is backing down this time, it will only allow Russia to re-arm, re-plan their next offensive. With the lost sustained by the Kremlin, I think everyone already comes to the conclusion that the longer the war endure, the larger the loss is for Moscow and the stronger NATO leverage is against Russia.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom