Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

Reality show

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Turkey
From the beginning of the war I noticed that Russian forces are not fighting the way they fought in Syria .
I mean I just rewatched the Russian air force bombing Syrian towns with huge bombs and video of special Russian forces with modernized weapons fighting Syrian rebels , yes I know that the rebels didn't have a lot of game changing weapons like bayraktars , javlins and stingers , but still the air force was bombing the he'll out of town , why the Russian not doing that in Ukraine while they are taking heavy losses and not only that ,Russia is going through dark tunnel , they are losing their reputation , everything .
There is something that is not clear yet

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
The biggest casualty of this short war so far has been Russia's reputation as a military super power. I wonder if Putin will still do the hard man walk after all this embarrassment.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Putin is going to need a longer table after this.

000_9YM6VE.jpg

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,119
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
People are forgetting how Isis once drove Assad and Russians out of Palmyra.

In Chechen wars they also got their asses handed to them and in 2008 they struggled against Georgia. Thats why Russia had to embark on reforms to make themselves a modern professional army and leave their old soviet ways from the cold war.

Russia's modernisation and reforms has been largely plagued with numerous problems.

You know why the Russians have constantly pampered themselves with their bs bullshit that their army is good enough and is 2nd or 3rd strongest in the planet.

Then there is that usual fear of the Russians which has been overblown with media and hollywood movies. Videogames too have overbloated the Russians as this badass enemy who are on par with Nato forces that can conquer the world.

Russian armed forces have their strengths and weakenesses but is an overblown army.

I think its going to be worse for China. As China has not fought any wars and neither do they have experience in the weapon systems they use.

Real test is how China will fight a war. Nowadays China is also getting overblown.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
an forces with modernized weapons fighting Syrian rebels , yes I know that the rebels didn't have a lot of game changing weapons like bayraktars , javlins and stingers , but

Syria is far away, they can murder to their hearts content, middle eastern life means nothing to russians. They do that in Ukraine and the nation becomes impossible to subdue and impossible to rule. Plus it will be the Russians that have to rebuild it.

Russians dont want to occupy en masse, that will bleed them dry. They want to install a puppet government and leave a few military bases. If they start killing everyone, men women and children to the level they have done in syria they lose. However we still are seeing civilians being murdered to a much smaller degree.

Also worth pointing out that Ukrainians are not behaving like the millions of arabs/kurds that fled into Turkey to live a good life, they are fighting and showing real honour to defend their land.

Ataturk once said, "a people that are willing to make the final sacrifice, does not get beaten."

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

1/

Recent conflict has again showed that Russian Air Force is not in par with western.

To go straight to the point, it also showed that is not in par with TurAF

I am not talking about platforms but tactics.

2/

They failed to effectively perform SEAD/DEAD against Ukrainian Air Force .

There is no Close Air Support. and there is no confirmation of Combat Air Patrols yet.

They are still trying to damage with long range cruise missiles or missile batteries.

3/

They couldn't separate tactical mission tasks and perform joint operations.

Army Aviation attached to Russian Ground Forces generally performs transport, CAS roles. Lessons, experiences taken from Syria is applied.

But Russian Air Force, does not seem to have taken lessons. Considering RuAF did not carry out joint operations in Syria.

Maybe every Russian pilot flew in Syria, and used live munitions but still did not experience joint operations where multiple different aircraft types, roles are used together at the same time.

5/

What I am saying is based on the first days, we will see what will happen next

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,119
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Releasing that footage on the anniversary when Russians martyred our soldiers in Syria nothing more than makes me happy.

It is our weapons that are roasting them.

Payback is a bitch!!! What goes around comes around.

Allah is the best of planners.

Top Bottom