Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"If the incident was accidental, Russia should apologize." -Polish Senate Advisor

On the one hand, I sympathize with the Ukrainian people because of the tragic dimension of the war, but on the other hand, when such statements come from countries that support Ukraine, I can't help but laugh.

I also laugh at the Article 5 screamers on social media. Because the countries belonging to these trolls were busy announcing embargo decisions against Turkiye one by one while we were struggling with the bear. I am also not happy that we have become one of the most important security mechanisms to keep away these idiots from a war that they will fall into without even realizing it.

Putin's 3 Day War

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
"If the incident was accidental, Russia should apologize." -Polish Senate Advisor

On the one hand, I sympathize with the Ukrainian people because of the tragic dimension of the war, but on the other hand, when such statements come from countries that support Ukraine, I can't help but laugh.

I also laugh at the Article 5 screamers on social media. Because the countries belonging to these trolls were busy announcing embargo decisions against Turkiye one by one while we were struggling with the bear. I am also not happy that we have become one of the most important security mechanisms to keep away these idiots from a war that they will fall into without even realizing it.

If it ever turned into an all out war Turkey vs Russia i have no doubts NATO would kick Turkey out and find any excuse to legitimise it. In all our conflicts and problems with Russia most NATO nations either didn't give two shits or outright supported Russia.

But Turks are trapped by geography, to be outside NATO is worse then to be inside it. Basically bad or worse sort of option. bad to be part of NATO worse to be outside of it.

Ideally Turkey needs to find her own axis and free herself from this NATO crap which has been just as criminal as Russia has been.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,821
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it ever turned into an all out war Turkey vs Russia i have no doubts NATO would kick Turkey out and find any excuse to legitimise it. In all our conflicts and problems with Russia most NATO nations either didn't give two shits or outright supported Russia.

But Turks are trapped by geography, to be outside NATO is worse then to be inside it. Basically bad or worse sort of option. bad to be part of NATO worse to be outside of it.

Ideally Turkey needs to find her own axis and free herself from this NATO crap which has been just as criminal as Russia has been.

"Turkey needs to find her own axis".
Turkiye already going that path from some decades.
Which is the right path for Turks and independence.

- russia is enemy and this does not changed

- usa was ally at least Turkiye think that. Turks and usa have many commons view about many things.
Issue is and almost ALL time is that usa used each happened EVENT around Turkiye region to side with enemy of Turkiye.
This just keep happened again and again. Therefor Turkiye just stop be naive and become tired of usa shits.
In 2015-2016 are the years in which usa brutal hostility reach the Highest level and this Totally change Turks view about usa.

Even if we look at present nothing changed by usa. They keep building up step by step level of hostility actions against Turkiye.
At moment only difference is that world focus is changed to russia

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I agree with your general logic, but I think trapped by geography is a little bit flawed approach. On the contrary, although Turkish foreign policy has made a lot of extraordinary mistakes recently, the only factor that has kept it on track is that it is a geographically untrap-able country. Turkiye has an existential four-way geopolitics advantage(which I calling as blue-red-green-turquoise), which allows it to always have room for maneuver. Likewise, if there is a potential to create its own axis, or if there is a potential to move forward by benefiting from both sides of this collision, all of this has to do with some of the unique geopolitic features that Turkiye has.

Putin's 3 Day War

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I agree with your general logic, but I think trapped by geography is a little bit flawed approach. On the contrary, although Turkish foreign policy has made a lot of extraordinary mistakes recently, the only factor that has kept it on track is that it is a geographically untrap-able country. Turkiye has an existential four-way geopolitics advantage(which I calling as blue-red-green-turquoise), which allows it to always have room for maneuver. Likewise, if there is a potential to create its own axis, or if there is a potential to move forward by benefiting from both sides of this collision, all of this has to do with some of the unique geopolitic features that Turkiye has.

trapped in the sense that we have no choice but to face all these regional problems in way that a country like spain or the uk doesnt have to ever worry about. The geography dictates your either a great power or you have to endure a tough existence. From the Romans to the Ottomans. When your strong you can throw influence in so many directions, when you are weak all the surrounding troubles descend onto you.

In general you can tell how strong or weak Turkey is by how much force and influence she projects outside her borders. The weaker she is the more troubles spill into Turkey, the stronger she is the more you see her operating in her surrounding neighbourhood.

Peace at home, Peace in the world brought Turks enough time to regenerate but those days of peace at home depend on peace in every nation bordering Turkey.

The reality i feel that the more you see the Turkish army expanding into surrounding nations, the safer and stronger the nation will become. Like wise this is why we see the americans and russians moving onto our borders to curtail our expansion. Trap the Turks within Turkey and you weaken her, get caught sleeping and have the Turkish expand outwards like Ottoman days and all these hostile entities are in trouble.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,131
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
trapped in the sense that we have no choice but to face all these regional problems in way that a country like spain or the uk doesnt have to ever worry about. The geography dictates your either a great power or you have to endure a tough existence. From the Romans to the Ottomans. When your strong you can throw influence in so many directions, when you are weak all the surrounding troubles descend onto you.

In general you can tell how strong or weak Turkey is by how much force and influence she projects outside her borders. The weaker she is the more troubles spill into Turkey, the stronger she is the more you see her operating in her surrounding neighbourhood.

Peace at home, Peace in the world brought Turks enough time to regenerate but those days of peace at home depend on peace in every nation bordering Turkey.

The reality i feel that the more you see the Turkish army expanding into surrounding nations, the safer and stronger the nation will become. Like wise this is why we see the americans and russians moving onto our borders to curtail our expansion. Trap the Turks within Turkey and you weaken her, get caught sleeping and have the Turkish expand outwards like Ottoman days and all these hostile entities are in trouble.

Turkiye's geographic position is a blessing and a curse.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 728
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia

-100 cruise missiles launched, ukraine city officials reports of loss of electricity
-Zelensky claims NASAMs intercepted everything, yet on the same statement he contradicts himself saying power was lost meaning those stations got hit because if everything wasnt hit you would still have the power you had than reporting power loss.
-S-300PTs from ukraine hit Poland, yet the high end AESA GaN radar patriots system that poland received from the U.S. must have not hit shit.

Bet Turkey feels proud buying S-400 lol.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Right now, Poland is reliving its trauma.

The reaction there is almost hysterical but I understand where this is coming from. The Polish people have to understand though that a war against them is near impossible. Russia has neither the means nor the international backing. It would be suicidal for the Russians.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 728
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
The part that is confusing me is that Poland could have hid those photos with the U.S. to have an excuse to go to Ukraine, wouldnt that be more effective than dumping billions in military aid to Ukraine by pulling a NATO army in Ukraine instead?

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,441
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
At the G20 summit in Bali, Indonesia, Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau announced another $500 Million in military aid for Ukraine. The specifics of the aid have not yet been released but it's likely to go towards the purchase of ammunition from third party countries and the refurbishment of howitzers and heavy equipment being pulled out of storage around Europe.

Expect another U.S. package to be announced next week, as the U.S. usually announces money from drawdown authority or USAI every other week.

It's important that the West keeps up it's supply of long range Howitzers in particular, as Russia steps up its use of Loitering munitions to target the existing Ukrainian systems. In particular, there are a TON of M109 howitzers around the world. Many of have been retired and / or stored, but there a lot that could be brought back into working order quickly, with some investment. Italy is in the process of refurbishing 20-30 of them. Expect them to be delivered over the coming months. Other countries will likely be doing something similar.

E

Era_shield

Zelensky claims NASAMs intercepted everything, yet on the same statement he contradicts himself saying power was lost meaning those stations got hit because if everything wasnt hit you would still have the power you had than reporting power loss.
He said 10/10 NASAMS targets were hit and there were close to 100 total missiles/drones launched, some that were intercepted by other AD systems and some that hit. They even made this into a simple to understand graphic and you still didn't understand.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
After every Russian humiliation, Z fanboys go on hiatus for a while, gather some cope tweets, then reappear shamelessly to share them while boasting about bombing civilians.

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 686
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
The fall of a Ukrainian 5V55 S-300 SAM missile near the town of Hrubieshu in Poland once again confirmed reports of problems with these missiles. The video shows the recent launch of a Ukrainian missile of the S-300 air defense system. The rocket flies a little and the rocket's solid fuel explodes, this can be seen from the characteristic explosion that occurs in such cases. The fact is that the shelf life of S-300 air defense missiles is 20 years. The last Ukrainian missiles were fired in 1990, then they simply tried to extend their shelf life at the Zhulyansk machine-building plant "Vizar". It turns out that the shelf life of Ukrainian S-300 air defense missiles has already been exceeded by almost 13 years, so the number of cases of their self-destruction and incorrect operation will grow every day. The problem with missiles is also relevant for the Buk-M1 air defense system of Ukraine, there have already been cases of their incorrect operation.

The Ukrainian engineering barrier vehicle IMR-2 was hit by a Russian Lancet kamikaze drone. The IMR-2 obstacle blocking machine is designed to create columned paths in difficult places for the advancement of troops, in simple terms, the machine makes temporary roads. IMR-2 also creates passages in minefields.

The President of Ukraine showed footage of the assembly of Ukrainian sea drones. The same kamikaze boats were recently used in Sevastopol. The length of the new marine drone of Ukraine will be 5.5 meters, the cruising range is 800 km, and the operational range is 400 km. It is reported that the drone has an autonomy of up to 60 hours. The total mass of the sea drone is about 1000 kg, the mass of the warhead is up to 200 kg. The travel speed can reach 80 km/h. The cost of the drone is currently $10,000. Now in Ukraine, a fundraising for the industrial production of this type of drones has been announced.

Combat use of Russian Lancet kamikaze drones in Ukraine. A howitzer of the Ukrainian army fell under the impact of the Lancet drone, but it was not possible to establish the model of the weapon.

Footage of a Ukrainian-made Humvee armored vehicle hit by a mine has been published. The video was filmed during one of their attacks by mobile groups of the Ukrainian army, there were only two Humvee vehicles in the group, the second Ukrainian armored personnel carrier left.

Top Bottom