Mark_Ellis

Reactions
Website
sites.google.com
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
England(UK)
This image appeared in a magazine article in 1999. It is a heavily modified Alvis Stalwart. It has a large Bukaka name on the front, next to a large, red Alvis triangle name badge.
This is Stalwart chassis number STAL 11 / 389
The Alvis Stalwart was made in the UK from 1963 to 1971.
Does anyone know anything about this modified vehicle, or have any other photos of it in Indonesia?

Indonesia.jpg

Stal 389 Indo 800.jpg

STAL 11 / 389 used to be in the British Army until 1993, with the registration 17ET05. All Stalwarts were disposed of and sold by the British Army in 1993.
This is the same vehicle in Germany, during service

17ET05.jpg

And some stock photos of the Alvis Stalwart, so that you can see how it used to look

07ER56-new.JPG

3 mark 2 swimming.jpg

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,384
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Would anyone recognise this Bukaka location, please?

View attachment 60474
The left image is to blurry...the right image translated is Main Director

The number plate on the cars are either started with letter B or D. B is for Jakarta DKI plate number, while D is for Bandung plate number. So the location is either of those two.

Bukaka location.jpg

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,384
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Would anyone recognise this Bukaka location, please?

View attachment 60474

Let's see, the word is blurry, but after many looks, it reads KOSERDA...which is a portmanteau of ''toKO SERba aDA'' meaning department store. So KOSERDA BUKAKA means, BUKAKA department store.

Bukaka 1.jpg

BUKAKA is a manufacturing company based in Bogor, very near to Jakarta (notice B plate)

Screenshot 2023-08-26 225933.png

Screenshot 2023-08-26 230039.png

Produk
  • Menara baja
  • Jembatan baja
  • Garbarata
  • Peralatan minyak dan gas
  • Peralatan pembangunan jalan
  • Kendaraan khusus (Special (Tactical Vehicle)

Mark_Ellis

Reactions
Website
sites.google.com
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
England(UK)
Let's see, the word is blurry, but after many looks, it reads KOSERDA...which is a portmanteau of ''toKO SERba aDA'' meaning department store. So KOSERDA BUKAKA means, BUKAKA department store.

Produk

Gary hi,
Many thanks for the response, and sorry that it's taken so long to get back to you. For some reason I didn't get any notification to your message.

So, does KOSERDA BUKAKA mean a store on Bukaka's site?
The sign on the right is the Directory of the site, of where different departments are on the site.
I don't know if this was taken at their head office, or where BUKAKA make their Special vehicles, such as Fire engines.

And I can't get a response from BUKAKA. I've emailed a number of different BUKAKA email addresses, and even sent from different email accounts in case my own gmail account is going into their Spam folder.
They don't check their account on Facebook, for pending posts or messages - which is kind of annoying to say the least.

Any suggestions, please

Top Bottom