Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 52821

Armed Robot Wolf Swarm with Night Vision Gimbal Camera

One hell of a system to cook up on a short notice :)
It needs some improvements to be an epic product though.
That yee-yee ass gait these prototypes all have is not efficient at all. Imagine these things galloping like an actual dog, that would be glorious. :devilish:
Also, I hope that EO/IR isn't final. Its too tall.

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
interesting design but I cant think of a situation where it would be more effective than orthodox methods , I assume that the purpose of this is to use them in assinastions or combat reconnaissance but considering the range, speed of it by the time it reaches the AO the target will have slept eaten breakfast and left . It most likely would require an airdrop or drop off close to AO , but at this point it is more sensible to execute the mission with personel. A kargu drone will also do the job much faster .

It is progress in the right direction but IMHO it is not a ready/effective product . Also assuming this robot doesn't have the means to reload or tackle a weapon malfunction it has max 30 bullets to fire ( with a standard magazine). Even if the rifle is replaced with a 40mm AGL I'd stick to a Kargu which is superior in terms of speed, range, damage and accuracy ( maybe even cost).

Im not sure if unmanned ground vehicles is the future and holds much potential but feel free to prove me otherwise

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
interesting design but I cant think of a situation where it would be more effective than orthodox methods , I assume that the purpose of this is to use them in assinastions or combat reconnaissance but considering the range, speed of it by the time it reaches the AO the target will have slept eaten breakfast and left . It most likely would require an airdrop or drop off close to AO , but at this point it is more sensible to execute the mission with personel. A kargu drone will also do the job much faster .

It is progress in the right direction but IMHO it is not a ready/effective product . Also assuming this robot doesn't have the means to reload or tackle a weapon malfunction it has max 30 bullets to fire ( with a standard magazine). Even if the rifle is replaced with a 40mm AGL I'd stick to a Kargu which is superior in terms of speed, range, damage and accuracy ( maybe even cost).

Im not sure if unmanned ground vehicles is the future and holds much potential but feel free to prove me otherwise

What would be cool is if its small enough and light enough to be carried on a soldiers back and then deployed by the soldier in dangerous situations more as a protection measure then an active measure.

For example you set up camp one night somewhere in the zargos mountains, you deploy a couple of these during the night to protect and guard a perimeter.

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What would be cool is if its small enough and light enough to be carried on a soldiers back and then deployed by the soldier in dangerous situations more as a protection measure then an active measure.

For example you set up camp one night somewhere in the zargos mountains, you deploy a couple of these during the night to protect and guard a perimeter.
Not too sure how these would hold up in rugged mountainous terrain doesnt seem like it is operatable on both sides so if it tips thats the end of it , i would rather pin thermal cameras at high vantage points with integrated AI to detect and identify thermal signatures ( not sure if there is an existing product similar to this without a weapon) and alert the sentry.

Unmanned ground vehicles don't seem to hold much potential IMO much better to invest these resources into the research of armour and accessories for the infantry like exo-skeletons to reduce force on the spine and waist ( in design stage) or weapon optics ( an area we are not too strong in). UGV seem pointless to me as the same role can be fulfilled with kamikaze UAV and troops in a much faster fashion ( excluding unmanned IFV and tanks - even this area of use is controversial)

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It would be very useful in urban environments. Going buliding to buliding, popping caps.

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
how indigenous is the Robot and can it also be used in the civilian sector?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Detailed interview about Kapgan, medium class unmanned UGV, one of the first generation outputs of Havelsan's swarm algorithms and digital units concept:

The video shows integration tests of the Canik M2 QCB 12.7 mm heavy machine gun.

HAVELSAN continues to carry its digital units swarm algorithms to different platforms and develop them in a holistic approach.

• In this field, Havelsan is not a manufacturer, but a concept developer, especially in terms of software. In this respect, Kapgan is not a vehicle, but a smart robot.
  • The vehicle's standard military communication range of 5 kilometers will increase even more with the drone that will take off from it. HAVELSAN continues to develop the system in areas such as autonomous capability, swarm algorithms, different types of opportunity signals, and visual navigation in case of GPS loss.
  • Progressively heavier weapons continue to be tested. With this current test, the Canik M2 QCB 12.7 mm heavy machine gun, which recently entered the inventory of the Turkish Armed Forces, was used for the first time with an unmanned ground vehicle.
  • Hull tests were conducted until January. After January, weapon firing tests and the testing of different types of software capabilities began at the same time. The goal is to bring the vehicle to a concept that can be used by the forces by the first half of this year, and to test the vehicle together with the forces.
  • In the coming month, HAVELSAN's digital troops concept will be exhibited together with the vehicle in a country abroad.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Imagine if this thing can be deployed at platoon level!

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Imagine if this thing can be deployed at platoon level!
Imagine if these troops could be airdropped and conduct integrated point operations with UAVs (or unmanned joint amphibious operations, also involving by USVs). Not only Kapgan, but HAVELSAN and ASELSAN's whole conceptual studies about UGV based land operations are as futuristic as something out of a sci-fi movie. Let's see what we will see in the concept presentations that will take place in the coming months.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Ararat 4-legged robot has reached level 4.1. His movements were fine.

Last edited:

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Imagine if these troops could be airdropped and conduct integrated point operations with UAVs (or unmanned joint amphibious operations, also involving by USVs). Not only Kapgan, but HAVELSAN and ASELSAN's whole conceptual studies about UGV based land operations are as futuristic as something out of a sci-fi movie. Let's see what we will see in the concept presentations that will take place in the coming months.
I wonder if the data collected from these robots can be used to create an AI that can strategies by itself?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if the data collected from these robots can be used to create an AI that can strategies by itself?
I don't understand exactly what you are asking. However, the level of interpretation that AI has reached in the flow of information from human to machine provides great ease in processing big data. The industrial transformation that this will bring about will be huge, and we have already started to see preliminary primitive examples. There are artificial intelligence studies that mimic creative intelligence, strategizing skills and even emotional intelligence.

Now that you have given me the opportunity, let me expand your question to combat unmanned jets: Today, it is possible to transfer tens of thousands of hours of radar data accumulated over the years along a country's border line and air early warning radars observing the air tactical movements of the hostile country, and even all the data of close engagement and dogfights of combat jets to AI with learning algorithms. The interpretation of all this big data will play a role in the interpretation, decision support and action taking processes of the robotic system in a real operational scenario, from pilot tendencies to operational doctrines of the hostile force in both strategic and tactical terms.

In other words, in the coming decades, manned jets will not only be subject to the endurance limits caused by human physiology, but will also find a system that knows and interprets their piloting possibilities/trainings. Who can say no today to the question of whether it will be possible for AI to directly design the jets that AI will fly in the next step? I don't want to push the issue too far with dystopian things that emulate Skynet, but I have the idea that we are on the verge of the next big thing. Countries that lag behind in this area will have to become the passive states of the next decades.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,192
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 55714
View attachment 55715

ASELSAN Four-legged infantry auxiliary robot
Seriously though, can we make a reeeeeally cheap variant that can run very fast to a position and deliver 5-10kg explosives? Because that would be AWESOME! It can be cord-controlled and lead into the caves.

It also should be able to blast music for psychological warfare purposes. Explosive Synth-Doge of Pax Turcica. That's what we need!

Edit: Seriously though, is that even feasible?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The horse works only with barley and water. This wannabe horse, on the other hand, needs a huge maintenance line and you can't force it with its halter when its battery runs out. Bro, I'm not so sure that when robotic technologies get to this level they will be used as a covboy horse. Quadruped robots is a really promising field, but I think this illustrator has approached it in a very romantic way.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom