US Not Concerned With Russia, China Military Drills In Indo-Pacific Region; Japan Deeply Bothered

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Not really, the combined US and it's allies shipbuilding beats anything that China build.
Combined? US is just one country, when other see its dclining, they will all leave, check out the history and find out what are allies.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
The US could expand it's shipbuilding capacity, money and funding is the issue here, take a cue of the 600 ship navy of the Reagan era.
US can't. Trump tried, mean presidents tried, failed miserably. They had their glories in the past when having the world leading industrial and manufacturing superpower, but those days are gone for good. You mind is stuck in the past, please get with the times.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
The US could expand it's shipbuilding capacity, money and funding is the issue here, take a cue of the 600 ship navy of the Reagan era.
It's already dead

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Combined? US is just one country,
US can't. They had their glories in the past having the world leading industrial and manufacturing superpower, but those days are gone for good.
It's already dead

The US is currently building...

2x 100.000 tonne Ford class carrier
1x 60.000 tonne Lewis B Puller ESB
1x 48.000 tonne America class light carrier
2x 49.000 tonne John Lewis oiler
2x 25.000 tonne San Antonio class LPD
8x 9000 tonne DDG-51 Flt IIA and III
11x 10.200 tonne Virginia class SSN
11 x 3000 tonne Freedon and Independence class LCS
2x 1500 tonne Spearhead fast transport

Now add that to active shipbuilding in Japan, Australia or maybe even Taiwan, you're still outnumbered

and BTW the constellation class frigate are planned to be build at a rate of 4-5 per year.

I know you hate the US, but at least do some research first.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
The US is currently building...

2x 100.000 tonne Ford class carrier
1x 60.000 tonne Lewis B Puller ESB
1x 48.000 tonne America class light carrier
2x 49.000 tonne John Lewis oiler
2x 25.000 tonne San Antonio class LPD
8x 9000 tonne DDG-51 Flt IIA and III
11x 10.200 tonne Virginia class SSN
11 x 3000 tonne Freedon and Independence class LCS
2x 1500 tonne Spearhead fast transport

Now add that to active shipbuilding in Japan, Australia or maybe even Taiwan, you're still outnumbered

and BTW the constellation class frigate are planned to be build at a rate of 4-5 per year.

I know you hate the US, but at least do some research first.
No one denied that they still have the best navy in the world, but they can no longer dominate every sea around the world, cause China is fast catching up. You seem to cheer for US even more than the west, I don't know if it's true in general for all Indonesians, but everyone can see US is declining and China is rising, it's ok for you to deny it, but it won't change this fact a bit.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No one denied that they still have the best navy in the world, but they can no longer dominate every sea around the world, cause China is fast catching up. You seem to cheer for US even more than the west, I don't know if it's true in general for all Indonesians, but everyone can see US is declining and China is rising, it's ok for you to deny it, but it won't change this fact a bit.

Actually I rarely defend the US in other thread, but your BS needs someone to constantly remind you.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Actually I rarely defend the US in other thread, but your BS needs someone to constantly remind you.
You always defend US, which BS? I have facts and figures supporting my every arguement, you don't, you just have your BS.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You always defend US, which BS? I have facts and figures supporting my every arguement, you don't, you just have your BS.
Actually it's the other way around, when cornered you always mentioned on how the US is a declining country while china is a rising one, not even bothering that China faces an even more significant headwinds such as shit demography, debt ridden growth, increasing international antagonism, crackdowns on money making companies etc.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Actually it's the other way around, when cornered you always mentioned on how the US is a declining country while china is a rising one, not even bothering that China faces an even more significant headwinds such as shit demography, debt ridden growth, increasing international antagonism, crackdowns on money making companies etc.
China is rising and US is declining, you may believe China has some difficulties in the future, US also has a lot of problems itself, but at least now very few people try this hard to deny this fact. as for what may happen in the future, let facts tell, the west has been calling "imminent China's collapse" for almost 4 decades, it still hasn't happened, and you expect me to believe this prediction from you?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
China is rising and US is declining, you may believe China has some difficulties in the future, US also has a lot of problems itself, but at least now very few people try this hard to deny this fact. as for what may happen in the future, let facts tell, the west has been calling "imminent China's collapse" for almost 4 decades, it still hasn't happened, and you expect me to believe this prediction from you?

So basically you're telling the readers here that while both are havIng difficulties but only China is rising while the US is declining.

Yeah. We could see the logical fallacy in this.

Last edited:

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
So basically you're telling the readers here that while both are have difficulties but only China is rising while the US is declining.

Yeah. We could see the logical fallacy in this.
China is at least rising faster than US, which has all the facts and figures to back it up, even in US and EU, core western countries, different polls show people believe this trend, not in Indonesia?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
China is at least rising faster than US, which has all the facts and figures to back it up, even in US and EU, core western countries, different polls show people believe this trend, not in Indonesia?
Core western countries predicted that the USSR would overtake the US after Sputnik launch in the 60s, didn't happen.

Core western countries predicted that Japan would overtake the US in the 80s. Didn't happen

Core western countries predicted that China will overtake the US. Will not happen.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Core western countries predicted that China will overtake the US. Will not happen.
In PPP term,it's already happened, no other countries ever overtook US in PPP . China is the first one. Now China is gaining on GDP nominal term, you can insist it will never happen, let's wait and see.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Sure sonny

Do you know what "growth" means? If you said earlier it's about growth rate, China has had a higher growth rate than US for at least 3 decades, it's not part of any predictions, it's a fact. I thought we were talking about the overall economy.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Core western countries predicted that Japan would overtake the US in the 80s. Didn't happen
Something China had already achieved while other US competitors never did, China is already the world biggest Industrial nation, Trading nation, manufacturing nation, argubly the world biggest retail market, producing over 60% of world steel, the building block of everything in this world.
What US still has now? bloated firms by the stock market which has little or no tangible assets, unrivled ability to print US dollars?
Without China's supply chain providing everything for US, all sectors of US society will come to a screeching halt.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
In PPP term,it's already happened, no other countries ever overtook US in PPP . China is the first one. Now China is gaining on GDP nominal term, you can insist it will never happen, let's wait and see.
Nominal GDP largely depends on the exchange rate, if US dollar keeps falling like it is now agaisnt Yuan, China doesn't need to do anything, overtaking will just come by itself.

Viva_vietnamm

Contributor
Vietnam Moderator
Reactions
2 454
Nation of residence
Vietnam
Nation of origin
Vietnam
What I think about here is not about US and China arms race, but how Vietnam react to this recent Russia-PRC exercise.

@Viva_vietnamm
VN has no idea, without support from US to CN like in 1979, CN navy is just a joke to us in SCS(east VN sea).

tau-ngam-t094.jpg

Image of a Chinese nuclear submarine emerging next to a Vietnamese fishing vessel in Vietnam's East Sea in September 2019. (Photo: Reddit)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom