Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
while supporters of the Taliban due to nationalistic ground, you just wait until the Taliban allied themselves with your geopolitical rival, India. I mean all is right in pursue of pragmatism, correct ??
Yes, it is indeed. No idea why your singling out Taliban with regards to pursuit of realpolitiks. Your country could as easily join the Chinese depending on geopolitics.

While anything is possible it is highly improbably that Taliban will align with India. But all depends on geopolitics. From a strategic perspective Afghanistan would be suited to aligning with, in order -

• Pakistan
  • Tajikistan
  • Uzbekistan
  • Iran
  • China

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Taliban must first be recognized by the UN. They didnt even get time to speak in New York.

The UN is still holding faith in the old treacherous Afghan goverment that fled.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
every country evolved, politics evolve.

and I attribute this transformation of the Taliban to the NATO intervention
What I said to you seemed to have shot over your head. Even if USA had not invaded Afghanistan would have evolved. If somebody who had died in 2001 had not died they would have aged just like rest of us. Taliban 2001 would have also evolved ha\d USA not invaded.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,494
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What I said to you seemed to have shot over your head. Even if USA had not invaded Afghanistan would have evolved. If somebody who had died in 2001 had not died they would have aged just like rest of us. Taliban 2001 would have also evolved ha\d USA not invaded.
wrong, there are changes in society that came internally due to influence of outside factors (economic, education etc) then there's changes that occurred due to external factors.

the Taliban transformation are due to the later, basically some human realization of vulnerability and the need to compromise (if they want to stay in power). The Taliban knows what NATO firepower tasted like.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The Taliban knows what NATO firepower tasted like
You sound like a apologist for American military adventurism. I suppose Saudia, Indonesia, Somalia, Cuba, Nigeria etc could do with a invasion to lift them to next peg upo the evolutionery stage.

Blank1

Reactions
Defeated guy saying IEA knows what the power of kufar taste like, to inhumane to gloat about the death of millions of Afghans.

But the defeated side surely do knows how the power of Afghan resistance taste like and they cant forget about it, all the 20 years of occupation went drown the drain in just 11 days. The mighty kufar had to beg like a F up loser, please do not kill us we need to smash the stuff we cant carry back.

The stronk resistance is no more, every terrorist is hanged and will be hanged no more amnesty for terrorist.

Ugly losers are already told to STF up and do not interfere in our affairs or there will be consequences.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
they will, in fact I'm betting that the Taliban in time will be what the now defunct Islamic republic of Afghanistan usually were.

and all those who supports the Taliban on religious ground, they'll ended up dismayed.

The Taliban regime won't survive - there will be another round of Civil War as Taliban splinters into multiple groups.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,494
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You sound like a apologist for American military adventurism. I suppose Saudia, Indonesia, Somalia, Cuba, Nigeria etc could do with a invasion to lift them to next peg upo the evolutionery stage.
oh my, lol

I'm actually giving my assessment on the country, which some have proven to be correct. but anyways I'm only interested in discussion not personal accusations.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,494
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For starters, there's no such thing as American military adventurism in Afghanistan.

People only remember the invasion part while ignoring the decade preceding the actual military invasion.

when the Taliban came into power , it harbors its ally Al-Qaeda in the country, providing training grounds manpower and protection.

during those time the group conducted
  1. 2 suicide bomb attacks against 2 US embassies in Africa (1998)
  2. Suicide bomb attacks against a US navy destroyer in Yemen (2001)
the 9/11 is the catalyst which resulted in the invasion.

So yes, the US invasion is by all means justified. and whatever misconduct the soldiers did, it has nothing to do with US foreign policy

You don't throw rocks and expected not to be thrown back.

Top Bottom