Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,819
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

This move doesn't make sense. If Turkey continues training ANA soldiers under the disguise of NATO in Turkey. Then I don't see how Taliban can take this any other way than hostile intent.

NATO/USA has wiped off the dirt on Turkey as I see it.

They need to land a deal since ANA is training in Turkey now.

Last edited:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
would become a pariah state
Any state that Blinken does not like is a pariah state. Thank god for this American dictatorship over the world is coming to end. We need a multipolar world. There is not much differance between Taliban and USA. Both think they are god's regent and what they say is holy commandments.

Only differance is USA has killed more babies, women, children and destroyed more heritage and works of art then Taliban - who only managed to knock out the Bamiyan Buddha.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
this has nothing to do with Afghanistan, but shows just how difficult it is to have two or more power battling for resource and influence within a country which could resulted in destructive fierce competition.
I think we have over 40 years with every mix and combo from across the globe try and fail to validate this. ISAF and NATO are the latest to fail.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Any state that Blinken does not like is a pariah state. Thank god for this American dictatorship over the world is coming to end. We need a multipolar world. There is not much differance between Taliban and USA. Both think they are god's regent and what they say is holy commandments.

Only differance is USA has killed more babies, women, children and destroyed more heritage and works of art then Taliban - who only managed to knock out the Bamiyan Buddha.
"only managed to knock out"? Are you condoning the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas by insinuating that the Taliban didn't do enough to destroy Buddhist heritage?

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
"only managed to knock out"? Are you condoning the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas by insinuating that the Taliban didn't do enough to destroy Buddhist heritage?
they were visionary. time confirmed they were right, we saw what other buddists people did to the muslims, so your complain is completely unjustified.

LegioXLupus

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This move doesn't make sense. If Turkey continues training ANA soldiers under the disguise of NATO in Turkey. Then I don't see how Taliban can take this any other way than hostile intent.

NATO/USA has wiped off the dirt on Turkey as I see it.

Bro the west won't let Afghan government fall, a Taliban government in full control and on good terms with Pakistan and China is not to there benefit.

I think a status quo will be maintained similar to Somalia, where Shabab control a lot of the country but some form of central government will exist. Eventually countries like Pakistan will be hit the most with more radical forms of Taliban exporting terrorism there.

Turkey will do its part for its own interests and work with Afghan government and other regional players.

Had Taliban come close to taking Kabul or holding 90% of the country as they claim be sure the Afghan government would be in Washington right now and we would not be talking about troop deployment.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
That was a relative comment said in the context of the oft repeated Taliban are the 'champions of heritage destruction'. The damage America did to the historical sites, theft of priceless works of art etc going back to Mesopotamian era in Iraq is unmatched. And try not to please make it look like I condone such actions. Do you condone American destruction of art etc in Iraq or destruction of the Assyrian community including their churches in that country?

As you might be aware I have a penchant for history and with this goes the artifacts/architecture etc this includes Hindu, Buddhist, Christian or any other heritage.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
more radical forms of Taliban exporting terrorism there.
As if that has not already happened. Here is few facts for you beyond Fox News template -

• there was no suicide bombing in Pakistan before 2001 US invasion
  • our border regions were relatively calm before the storm hit us in 2005 onwards as direct consequence of US invasion.
  • the terrorists began aiming for Pakistani state precisely because they considered it as a American ally.
Taliban were in Kabul from 1996 to 2001. In that period Pakistan did not get hit by and terror wave from Afghanistan. It was Musharaf's joining in Bush that caused the blowback on Pakistan.

Afghan government would be in Washington right
They all recently went to Washington cry and wailing to daddy.

I think a status quo will be maintained similar to Somalia,
Goes against logic. So let us just recap here. The might of USA along with NATO which at the crest of the surge had 150,000 soldiers helping ANA failed to defeat the ANA. But now with all the firepower gone there is going to be stalemate. What were foreign forces doing in Pakistan? Having sex orgies? May I suggest that without all that firepower the balance would tilt in favour of Taliban as we can already happening. Watch this space next summer.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,477
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think we have over 40 years with every mix and combo from across the globe try and fail to validate this. ISAF and NATO are the latest to fail.
different one, Soviet Union didn't share power with other powers in Afghanistan during their 10 years stay, while ISAF and NATO are all subordinate to the US during their 20 years stay.

I'm talking about independent power (Russia, China, Iran) somewhat able to exercise some sort of constructive cooperation, which I highly doubt.

Sure in the surface they could brag and smile all they want on rebuilding Afghanistan altogether , but when it comes to detail (power sharing, influence) I think this is the hard part.

Top Bottom