Indonesia Casual Discussion Warkop Indonesia

Barjo_2

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think is interesting when we talk about biggest number look like, if we count them as one head instead of to many

Attachments

• img_20191212_1334555164784898221609971.jpg
    img_20191212_1334555164784898221609971.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 39

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Sunda cannot build a good naval ship because the lack of quality wood for the hull material, unlike the java teak or celebes iron wood
This is something that cannot be confirmed and but also cannot be denied. Timber trade even with small ship may occur during their eras (even the Madurese still trading timber in 1970s-1980s using their janggolan, leti-leti, and lis-alis). There is just not enough evidence to prove whether Sunda has good or bad naval ship, because of lacking records and archaeological remains. One thing for sure, in 1357 Sundanese ships are already equipped with bedil (hand cannon) and bedil besar (cannon), probably in response to Javanese ships equipped with such weapons, since Sunda is more timid than the expansionist Majapahit.
Baru tau...
Mereka dipakai dimana?
See wiki page for Waqwaq
faead.JPG

adawafssrs.JPG

Yeah some my colleague said their folkore memories about amphibious assault from sumatra and java, dia anak thailand sih, makanya kota2 mereka rada jauh di muara sungai menghindari bajak laut
gdthdtfd.JPG

sefse.JPG

There is an account of Javanese attacking Chinese city too, and they succeeded (but they are retreated because of winter), sadly I haven't found it again.
Zabag (Java) was recorded attacking Khmer because their arrogance.
dawfsea.JPG

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is something that cannot be confirmed and but also cannot be denied. Timber trade even with small ship may occur during their eras (even the Madurese still trading timber in 1970s-1980s using their janggolan, leti-leti, and lis-alis). There is just not enough evidence to prove whether Sunda has good or bad naval ship, because of lacking records and archaeological remains. One thing for sure, in 1357 Sundanese ships are already equipped with bedil (hand cannon) and bedil besar (cannon), probably in response to Javanese ships equipped with such weapons, since Sunda is more timid than the expansionist Majapahit.

See wiki page for Waqwaq
View attachment 32470
View attachment 32474

View attachment 32471

View attachment 32472

There is an account of Javanese attacking Chinese city too, and they succeeded (but they are retreated because of winter), sadly I haven't found it again.
View attachment 32473

The later story, that's should be the attitude we should have and strive to achieved. What an Alpha male, remind me of Leonidas reasoning to bring his Entourage to "pleasure journey".

Barjo_2

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

See wiki page for Waqwaq
View attachment 32470
View attachment 32474

View attachment 32471

View attachment 32472

View attachment 32473
You know angklung? Thai also made it how that can be? By traveling sunda ofcourse there also prasasti state that. So sunda also have a naval trade with foreign and dont be ofended i dont say sunda is bad, they lack of good resourches on good material in shipbuilding decrease their ability in shipbuilding, i dont need to prof my self right. And you may look on open sourches as you like in internet LOL. I dont wanna argue with someone like you anyway. Who need exibited your self very show off from the beginning, doesnt bring any new knowledge for me or joke

Barjo_2

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The later story, that's should be the attitude we should have and strive to achieved. What an Alpha male, remind me of Leonidas reasoning to bring his Entourage to "pleasure journey".
Or pleasure comment sis

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Kemaren : Real Madrid 1-2 Sheriff (klub antah berantah asal Moldova)
Td malem : Benfica 3-0 Barcelona

Kliatannya tanda2x mulai jatuhnya liga Spanyol di kancah klub Eropa.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Tergantung eranya, Aceh sultanate punya Galeon ukuran besar, armed with heavy cannon selain itu juga banyak Galeas dan Xebec

Demak juga pake cetbang dikapal mereka, Banten juga. Mataram juga punya banyak kapal
Most of Acehnese vessels were galley-type (low board ship with oars/paddles), but Xebec certainly only used in Mediterranean, not Nusantara. Galleon (naos/navios de alto bordo - high board ship) is only used in 2 occasions: in 1539 and 1581.
Southeast Asia in the early modern era trade, power, and belief ( PDFDrive )_0113.jpg

Demak juga pake cetbang dikapal mereka, Banten juga. Mataram juga punya banyak kapal
Although Mataram has undoubtedly many vessels, their artillery capability does not seem to be adequate. Almost none Nusantaran vessel is equipped with broadside (massed cannon directed to the side), except European-styled or European-influenced vessel built locally in Rembang and Juwana.

Don't get it wrong, even the Acehnese Cakra Dunia-class galleass were equipped only with falcons (small cannons typically firing less than 4 pound shot, the word also refers to native swivel guns such as cetbang, rentaka, and lela) in their sides: Their heavy weaponry were placed in the bow and stern, the same as European or Turkish galleasses.
Southeast Asia in the early modern era trade, power, and belief ( PDFDrive )_0114.jpg

You know angklung? Thai also made it how that can be? By traveling sunda ofcourse there also prasasti state that. So sunda also have a naval trade with foreign and dont be ofended i dont say sunda is bad, they lack of good resourches on good material in shipbuilding decrease their ability in shipbuilding, i dont need to prof my self right. And you may look on open sourches as you like in internet LOL. I dont wanna argue with someone like you anyway. Who need exibited your self very show off from the beginning, doesnt bring any new knowledge for me or joke
Likewise

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Follow us on social media