Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damn... Should have bought USD two years ago when it was so cheap. Now it is more expensive than the EUR. Do you guys see it to increase even more? The EU is fucked up. :D
1657829932119.png

1657829951264.png

1657829982818.png

Swiss exports will be fucked next year, swiss goods will be even more expensive.

Btw: what happened to yen? It was around 100 when i was there in 2019...

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,078
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
EU will buy Turkish products regardless of how the EU economy performs. Turkiye exports low-cost high-quality products. More European companies might switch to cost-effective Turkish products.

Just to give you an example why you're wrong. When the economy goes down in Europe, who's going to buy all the commercial vehicles that are manufactured in Turkey for the European markets?

50% ish of our exports go to Europe, Turkey will suffer one way or the other because we are very much bound to European well being.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
winter gonna be interesting, either the eu will back off with the sanctions or putin gonna cut it and bring the recession to europe already in late 2022 instead of 2023.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
I mean no offense but.... it is true that the Germans give priority to their well-being over anything else tbh. Iam not saying it is wrong to do so but if the Germans believe that the cheap russian gas is the way to go, then 10 years later and Putin will invade Germany. Putin just proved to the whole world that he will restore the Soviet Union regardless of the expenses
Can you try to be a bit more realistic?
In order for Putin (which he never will) go to war with Germany he needs to mess around with Poland first - which would mean facing a NATO that is geographically set to engage him, in a war that Putin could never ever win.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Swiss exports will be fucked next year, swiss goods will be even more expensive.
Don't worry Chinese love Swiss chocolate
Btw: what happened to yen? It was around 100 when i was there in 2019...
It presently 139Y to a $

Btw, in the very beginning of the war, i talked to several of my German friends - and the unified comment was:
The only one who profits from this war will be the USA - since they found a way to finally screw the EU.

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Algeria 🇩🇿 is now the second supplier of Gas to the EU.

Algeria has jumped to the second largest exporter of gas through pipelines to Europe, surpassing Russia, with the decline in supplies from Moscow to the old continent in light of geopolitical tensions and technical problems.

And the "Specialized Energy Platform" quoted a gas expert in Wael Hamed Abdel-Moati: for the first time Russia has fallen to third place behind Algeria, in the list of the largest supplier of gas through pipelines to Europe due to the stops of the Nord Stream 1 line.

Russia's Gazprom reduced the capacity along the Nord Stream 1 pipeline from Russia to Europe to just 40 percent of normal levels last month, citing a delay in the return of gas turbines from Canada.

According to the Specialized Energy Platform, Abdel Moati said, in a tweet through his official account on Twitter, yesterday, Thursday, that the current estimates of gas exports to Europe are led by Norway, with 300 million cubic meters per day (about 10 percent less than normal capacity).

A gas leak at Norway's Equinor offshore Sleipner field had shut down parts of the field, affecting the flow of gas from the Nhamna processing plant and the Isington and Zeebrugge gas receiving stations.

The gas expert in OPEC explained that Algeria ranked second with about 90 million cubic meters per day, while Russia fell to the third place by about 80 million cubic meters per day.

He pointed out that the supply of gas from Russia is at its lowest historical rate due to the Nord Stream 1 stoppage, for the North African country to surpass Russia's position as the second largest supplier of gas through pipelines to Europe.

The scheduled maintenance operations of the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, which began on July 10 and will continue until July 21, have stopped flows from Russia to Europe.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Algeria 🇩🇿 is now the second supplier of Gas to the EU.

Algeria has jumped to the second largest exporter of gas through pipelines to Europe, surpassing Russia, with the decline in supplies from Moscow to the old continent in light of geopolitical tensions and technical problems.

And the "Specialized Energy Platform" quoted a gas expert in Wael Hamed Abdel-Moati: for the first time Russia has fallen to third place behind Algeria, in the list of the largest supplier of gas through pipelines to Europe due to the stops of the Nord Stream 1 line.

Russia's Gazprom reduced the capacity along the Nord Stream 1 pipeline from Russia to Europe to just 40 percent of normal levels last month, citing a delay in the return of gas turbines from Canada.

According to the Specialized Energy Platform, Abdel Moati said, in a tweet through his official account on Twitter, yesterday, Thursday, that the current estimates of gas exports to Europe are led by Norway, with 300 million cubic meters per day (about 10 percent less than normal capacity).

A gas leak at Norway's Equinor offshore Sleipner field had shut down parts of the field, affecting the flow of gas from the Nhamna processing plant and the Isington and Zeebrugge gas receiving stations.

The gas expert in OPEC explained that Algeria ranked second with about 90 million cubic meters per day, while Russia fell to the third place by about 80 million cubic meters per day.

He pointed out that the supply of gas from Russia is at its lowest historical rate due to the Nord Stream 1 stoppage, for the North African country to surpass Russia's position as the second largest supplier of gas through pipelines to Europe.

The scheduled maintenance operations of the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, which began on July 10 and will continue until July 21, have stopped flows from Russia to Europe.

Not trying to be offensive towards Algeria, but it shows the hypocrisy of Western Europe.

Algeria's government and policy is on the same criteria as that of e.g. Russia or China - in order to circumvent sanctions onto Russia the same governments don't have a problem "now" to draw gas from an autocratic human rights violator. I mean I don't blame those Western countries for trying to get gas - which they absolutely need - and neither Algeria for selling it - it just shows the continued dishonesty on the Western part.

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Not trying to be offensive towards Algeria, but it shows the hypocrisy of Western Europe.

Algeria's government and policy is on the same criteria as that of e.g. Russia or China - in order to circumvent sanctions onto Russia the same governments don't have a problem "now" to draw gas from an autocratic human rights violator. I mean I don't blame those Western countries for trying to get gas - which they absolutely need - and neither Algeria for selling it - it just shows the continued dishonesty on the Western part.
You need to read more about Algeria.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
You need to read more about Algeria.
I think I did - even before posting my statement ;)

In 2021, the democracy index in Algeria stood at 3.77 points. Thus, the country was classified as an "authoritarian regime", similar to most of the countries in the Middle East and North Africa. Algeria followed Tunisia (5.99 points) and Morocco (5.04 points) in North Africa. Moreover, it ranked 113th out of 167 countries worldwide.

This one is even better: One should really read this since it is a NATO conducted poll

% saying yes to ‘My country is democratic’

73% China #5
45% Algeria #42
40% Morocco #46
40% Ukraine #47
39% Russia #48

Last edited:

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
If Russia completely cut off energy supplies to Europe, Europe will plunge into recession which may never recover, European supply chain void in global trade will be quickly filled by other countries.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Russia completely cut off energy supplies to Europe, Europe will plunge into recession which may never recover, European supply chain void in global trade will be quickly filled by other countries.
There is a reason why Beijing is also not very happy with Putins war.

1657979679679.png

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
There is a reason why Beijing is also not very happy with Putins war.

View attachment 46391
Actually Ukraine war helps China in foreign trade and future consolidates China's dominant role in the global supply chain. A bonus kill is discounted Russian energy supply to China, if Russia cut off EU energy supply, Russia will be actually helping killing China's manufacturing competitors in Europe and making Europe more reliant on the Chinese products, either way is a big win for China.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom