Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
5 3,091
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Disturbing 11 criminal records and walking free?, also wrong how our media keeps posting graphic and violent videos and pictures everywhere, it is desensitizing and not ethical or healthy

AKP did withdraw from the Istanbul Convention. I sometimes think that women's rights laws in the US are a bit too much but then I see this and consider that not having them could be much worse.

Bozan

Experienced member
Reactions
5 1,844
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
AKP did withdraw from the Istanbul Convention. I sometimes think that women's rights laws in the US are a bit too much but then I see this and consider that not having them could be much worse.

Yes, but it's even worse when media shows every bad thing in detail, I wonder what all the pictures and videos of bad things does to a society. Depression probably.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,123
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem of Turkiye is not the law,but the implement. 

This country even not wear helmet when riding motorbike.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem of Turkiye is not the law,but the implement. 

This country even not wear helmet when riding motorbike.
So you saying traffic police do NOT do their job?

Behavior of people just starting to ride motorbikes are always the same. They do not follow the road laws.
But if traffic police are doing their job, then it is always I mean it Police always stop those motor bikers and create a fine. Even more they call private cargo company to come and take bike to municipality park.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,123
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So you saying traffic police do NOT do their job?

Behavior of people just starting to ride motorbikes are always the same. They do not follow the road laws.
But if traffic police are doing their job, then it is always I mean it Police always stop those motor bikers and create a fine. Even more they call private cargo company to come and take bike to municipality park.

In Turkey much of police and civil service and workers in other section didnt do their job.For example,Turkish Hospitals always in chaos like a market.

In Japan,the police fine every driver who use smart phone when driving.If anyone not wear helmet ,He 99.999% get fine.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Turkey much of police and civil service and workers in other section didnt do their job.For example,Turkish Hospitals always in chaos like a market.

In Japan,the police fine every driver who use smart phone when driving.If anyone not wear helmet ,He 99.999% get fine.

Then system is not working.
Do it like west. Create department agency to check police. If they do not work, doing corruption etc. Just put them out of work and open case to investigate on quick procedure (checking main things) if found guilty then get him out.
Also It is a FACT that in most of the cases it mean that 90% of those police department is also corrupt or do not work. It is a like disease infecting all

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,123
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then system is not working.
Do it like west. Create department agency to check police. If they do not work, doing corruption etc. Just put them out of work and open case to investigate on quick procedure (checking main things) if found guilty then get him out.
Also It is a FACT that in most of the cases it mean that 90% of those police department is also corrupt or do not work. It is a like disease infecting all
I think that s a culture.Turks didnt care these.

They only be serious in some serious case such as Anti-terror but never care about the "little case" such as domestic violence or traffic safety.

The Best are the East Asians such as Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore ,their police are very serious in any little case then western countries.France and some places of USA even worse than Turkiye,the gang fighting in street and burn the cars.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
32 19,456
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
You solve it by having automated systems at location that catch you on came and write a fine and contact you on cell phone, message and other things informing them to pay the fine or face the consequences.

In Portugal you can see small cameras at a lot of traffic lights and different places they catch you and you get a fine, no need for the police to hand it to your personally. If you fail to pay the fine, you get unexpected visitors. You lose your vehicle, jail time and what not. Easy peasy.

1690282764844.png

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,123
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You solve it by having automated systems at location that catch you on came and write a fine and contact you on cell phone, message and other things informing them to pay the fine or face the consequences.

In Portugal you can see small cameras at a lot of traffic lights and different places they catch you and you get a fine, no need for the police to hand it to your personally. If you fail to pay the fine, you get unexpected visitors. You lose your vehicle, jail time and what not. Easy peasy.

View attachment 59516
Chinese is the profession of this,full of camera and their police use the traffic fine to pay maaş.

I wonder that why Türkiye don't use this kind of system

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
8 3,908
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chinese is the profession of this,full of camera and their police use the traffic fine to pay maaş.

I wonder that why Türkiye don't use this kind of system
Must be all those "human rights" malarkey we signed to align ourselves with EU

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,492
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly I can no longer support speed cameras anymore.

Now they are everywhere only thing they do is make money thats all.

No longer about road safety or creating a deterent to stop people from speeding.

Honestly people using their phones is a much bigger threat. I also do believe the driving age needs to increase. 18 is young.

There needs to be manual made mandatory. Eventhough I dont drive manual plus a vigorous training.

So many kids get their licence then start driving high powered cars thinking they can control it.

E

Era_shield

Honestly I can no longer support speed cameras anymore.

Now they are everywhere only thing they do is make money thats all.

No longer about road safety or creating a deterent to stop people from speeding.

Honestly people using their phones is a much bigger threat. I also do believe the driving age needs to increase. 18 is young.

There needs to be manual made mandatory. Eventhough I dont drive manual plus a vigorous training.

So many kids get their licence then start driving high powered cars thinking they can control it.
I agree. Driving schools pass anyone these days. Almost every day I see a random car who, when turning left, veers into the right lane to make it easier for themself. Eventually there will be a truck in that lane and they will cause an accident. Today I saw someone who had their phone holder literally attached to the middle of his windscreen, not down near the bottom but right in the middle, blocking half his view of the road. And don't even get me started on women drivers, aka moving traffic jams.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
32 19,456
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Installing automated systems require proper management as well. But the reason for not installing them is because they’re not prioritized. Speeding should not just be a fine, but a stamp on your license. When you get a second stamp you lose your licens and have to retake the licens after 2-5 years. Driving a vehicle after losing licens should result in the vehicle getting impounded and you get it back after paying 15%-20% of it’s new value. Use the moneymaker system to expand and manage the system.

rinse and repeat. When people lose license and can’t make ends meet they learn to follow rules.

it doesn’t matter if it’s a moneymaker, as long as it works nd contributes to lower the cost of traffic surveillance systems.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,492
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree. Driving schools pass anyone these days. Almost every day I see a random car who, when turning left, veers into the right lane to make it easier for themself. Eventually there will be a truck in that lane and they will cause an accident. Today I saw someone who had their phone holder literally attached to the middle of his windscreen, not down near the bottom but right in the middle, blocking half his view of the road. And don't even get me started on women drivers, aka moving traffic jams.

Our driving system needs reform.

120 hours is bullshit. Only way for young drivers to mature is for them grow and rack up experience while following rules and laws also they shouldnt be given high powered cars even if they get full licence.

Honestly another test that needs to be done is how to stop people using their phones.

It pisses me off seeing so many drivers especially young ones treating public roads like a race track.

We are in serious need for reform. 120 hours log book failed as most people would just copy it from their friends.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom