Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,861
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Wow, even the kid (both from Denmark) prefers Denmark over Turkey's economic situation.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
BREAKING : Turkey has vaccinated 0 people. Great news for one of most visited countries around the world.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Definitely for reading and writing, its a big leg up if you already know the latin script from own language, the basic sounds etc do not change much between languages.

Spoken wise, you need people to speak to and that can be an issue ofc for any language, whatever its writing system.

Well I think our language (Indonesian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Turkish, German, Korean,etc) are pretty much neutral language. Indonesian rarely speak English in every day conversation but satellite TV is already wide spread in our nation, even lower middle class people also can afford that. So it makes people who wants to improve their English try to learn it from the source directly by watching program like CNN or others, while grammars and vocabulary are already learned at school.

In university we dont have grammar study any more, but more about reading and writing. Regardless the program, all university students still study English in their first year for two semesters. Some universities require their students to pass certain score of TOEFL test if they want to get graduated.

Serious English learner will speak English using stress and intonation which mimic American speaker. They dont need to spend time in US to get that skills, but only by watching English program like CNN or BBC. For younger generation there is already Youtube with so many English contents inside it.

Usually big cities people like Jakartan also spend some 2-3 years learning English in English course to sharpen their English. Younger generation Indonesian now study English since first grade in Elementary School.

This is pretty much the way Indonesian speak English, of course not all, but for some who really want to improve their English they can speak like this TV hosts. This is when our TV hosts talk to one Korean Muslim in the studio.

Last edited:

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Well I think our language (Indonesian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Turkish, German, Korean,etc) are pretty much neutral language. Indonesian rarely speak English in every day conversation but satellite TV is already wide spread in our nation, even lower middle class people also can afford that. So it makes people who wants to improve their English try to learn it from the source directly by watching program like CNN or others, while grammars and vocabulary are already learned at school.

In university we dont have grammar study any more, but more about reading and writing. Regardless the program, all university students still study English in their first year for two semesters. Some universities require their students to pass certain score of TOEFL test if they want to get graduated.

Serious English learner will speak English using stress and intonation which mimic American speaker. They dont need to spend time in US to get that skills, but only by watching English program like CNN or BBC. For younger generation there is already Youtube with so many English contents inside it.

Usually big cities people like Jakartan also spend some 2-3 years learning English in English course to sharpen their English. Younger generation Indonesian now study English since first grade in Elementary School.

This is pretty much the way Indonesian speak English, of course not all, but for some who really want to improve their English they can speak like this TV hosts. This is when our TV hosts talk to one Korean Muslim in the studio.

i was in Indonesia in dec 2019, very very few people were able to speak, but ilived how you frill fish like Turkish style, on mangal with wooden coal, that was my favorite..)

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i was in Indonesia in dec 2019, very very few people were able to speak, but ilived how you frill fish like Turkish style, on mangal with wooden coal, that was my favorite..)
Our new generation from upper middle class family have good English already. My older brother son (his oldest kid), 10 years old, already can speak English quite well, he uses stress and intonation like American. In his neighborhood, that little kid use English to communicate with his friends. According to my older brother, 50 % of kids at the neighborhood already speak English among them, as if they are native speakers.

Most Indonesia understand basic English I believe, not complex sentence of course, but basic. This is why I believe you will survive living in Indonesia without understanding Indonesian language.

Last edited:

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,586
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
I present to you all... the Vegan FETO bastard. 😂

14439743-A944-4CDC-9838-79896686F8B7.jpeg

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,146
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
D

dBSPL

İzmir metropolitan mayor Tunç Soyer named the floating pier as King Agamemnon, one of the most important figures in doctrinized & official Greek history.

ErXJTYmXAAEj5dT

This was also the British ship's name that participated in the Battle of Çanakkale and served in the invasion of Istanbul. The armistice between the Ottoman Empire and the Entente States was signed on this battleship. Although the World War seems to have officially ended with this agreement, the actual end of the war take place after Fahrettin Pasha's Defense of Medina*** on January 10, 1919.

***:
ErXIeSzXEAA-6uB

What kind of irony is it to learn that the Izmir municipality keeps the memory of Agemennon alive, on the anniversary of the Medina occupation? Isn't it surprising that a mass that is so contradictory to Ataturk was able to monopolize Ataturk and his political legacy??

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,539
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
İzmir metropolitan mayor Tunç Soyer named the floating pier as King Agamemnon, one of the most important figures in doctrinized & official Greek history.

ErXJTYmXAAEj5dT

This was also the British ship's name that participated in the Battle of Çanakkale and served in the invasion of Istanbul. The armistice between the Ottoman Empire and the Entente States was signed on this battleship. Although the World War seems to have officially ended with this agreement, the actual end of the war take place after Fahrettin Pasha's Defense of Medina*** on January 10, 1919.

***:
ErXIeSzXEAA-6uB

What kind of irony is it to learn that the Izmir municipality keeps the memory of Agemennon alive, on the anniversary of the Medina occupation? Isn't it surprising that a mass that is so contradictory to Ataturk was able to monopolize Ataturk and his political legacy??

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
People like to pay attention to some conpiracy theories while billions are being transferred to some peoples pockets unnoticedly.
Maybe its time to get the priorities straight...

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesian traveller visited Turkey

She uses English, seeking international viewer

Indonesian language Youtuber

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,146
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

ErXJTYmXAAEj5dT

***:
ErXIeSzXEAA-6uB

In a chp run municipality they have a statue of some ancient greek dude who was a puppet to the romans 🤣🤣🤣

I forgot the city. Actually its in Antalya 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,861
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are you guys going to be doing about WhatsApp and the change in their policy ?

I kinda use it to keep in touch with my relatives in Turkey.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom