Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Crab is delicious!!

Cant go wrong with a nice grilled crab
Have you ever been crabbing? Every year in winter millions of giant spider crabs enter Port Phillip Bay. I've caught a lot of sand crabs and red shore crabs, but I really want to catch some spider crabs.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,385
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Have you ever been crabbing? Every year in winter millions of giant spider crabs enter Port Phillip Bay. I've caught a lot of sand crabs and red shore crabs, but I really want to catch some spider crabs.
Does people eat spider crabs¿

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Does people eat spider crabs¿

Yes. They also look like they have a lot of meat on them. The one's where I live are the same species but I've heard that those that enter the bay don't pack a lot of meat. However, every year fisherman go crazy for them at the piers at the edges of the bay. So there must be some juicy ones.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,045
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Nah bro but at Thailand I had lots of crab and lobster.

Damn i never knew this.!

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,045
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
FlkMw08WIAEDeLl.jpeg

😄

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Nah bro but at Thailand I had lots of crab and lobster.

Damn i never knew this.!
Damn I'm jealous. Had BBQ lobster once. It was delicious.

Yeah crabbing is insanely fun. Just don't try it at St Kilda pier or any of the piers near the city. Hell, even Queenscliff pier was bad last time I went. Sea lice everywhere. They eat the bait in seconds.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,045
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damn I'm jealous. Had BBQ lobster once. It was delicious.

Yeah crabbing is insanely fun. Just don't try it at St Kilda pier or any of the piers near the city. Hell, even Queenscliff pier was bad last time I went. Sea lice everywhere. They eat the bait in seconds.

Thailand is a beautiful country man. We went to Phuket with my aunty and cousins.

Despite all the negative bs about Thailand if people ignore that stuff its a beautiful country.

Islands and the water was so beautiful and clear. Even the people are pretty nice and hospitable.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I’m a proud sea food guy. And as a rule of thumbs, I don’t discriminate. Bring me Sand, Red Shore, Spider crab and whatever you can throw at me, I’ll devour them 😋
I’m a firm believer in sea food lovers golden motto:
*”Denizden babam çıksa yerim” . Sorry dad 🤪

* Roughly translates as “I’ll eat anything that‘ll come out of sea, including my dad”

Last edited:

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I’m a proud sea food guy. And as a rule of thumbs, I don’t discriminate. Bring me Sand, Red Shore, Spider crab and whatever you can throw at me, I’ll devour them 😋
I’m a firm believer in sea food lovers golden motto:
*”Denizden babam çıksa yerim” . Sorry dad 🤪

* Roughly translates as “I’ll eat anything that‘ll come out of sea, including my dad”
You guys are lucky! In the west coast you have Dungeness Crabs. They're big, tasty and you can catch them at piers, no need to go deep.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,255
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Only seafood that I eat is mussel when I'm drunk. My friend had me taste some squid years ago and that was good too I guess. The thing is; edible parts shouldn't resemble the creature itself or I simply can't eat it.

Imma be real with you guys. I have no idea how people even eat these spawn of Ctulhu. People eat shrimp and shvt. Bro, that's a bug.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Only seafood that I eat is mussel when I'm drunk. My friend had me taste some squid years ago and that was good too I guess. The thing is; edible parts shouldn't resemble the creature itself or I simply can't eat it.

Imma be real with you guys. I have no idea how people even eat these spawn of Ctulhu. People eat shrimp and shvt. Bro, that's a bug.
Mussels are nice! Midye Dolma is my favourite.

Yeah I know what you mean. I used to think shrimp and other legged sea creatures were gross. But once I tasted them I realised that they're delicious. The appearance doesn't really bother me any more. However, going back to mussels, in Australia we sometimes have Pea Crabs in our mussels.. I didn't know until I cooked some frozen mussels and got shocked when I saw a tiny crab inside one. Put me off seafood for a bit.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,385
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Trout is nice. Redfin is extremely underrated. Literally the best tasting fish I've ever had, little did I know I could catch such a nice fish at my local creek.
I guess you are talking about Redfin perch?
We have lots of them.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I guess you are talking about Redfin perch?
We have lots of them.
Yes, redfin perch! I never realised they were also in Bangladesh. The distribution maps only show Europe, Russia and a bit of Central Asia plus introduced populations in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

I guess they're spreading everywhere. They're very aggressive and kill native fish, but they're much better than carp.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,385
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yes, redfin perch! I never realised they were also in Bangladesh. The distribution maps only show Europe, Russia and a bit of Central Asia plus introduced populations in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

I guess they're spreading everywhere. They're very aggressive and kill native fish, but they're much better than carp.
Well, our variant is relatively small in size but nevertheless they maintain the red fin and good test.

Anyway, BD is the world largest river delta. You can find lots of species here.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,022
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Hahaha I just saw this by chance

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom