Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,454
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

When I saw the Indian wingman drone concept, I realised the actual meaning of the speeches of our TAI manager. He had stated that they were developing a supersonic drone and later he mentioned a smaller target drone as a wingman concept. When people listened what Mr. Kotil talked, We got grip of different meanings about ongoing programs but I think What TAI manager wanted to state might be a similar concept with what India is working at present. A target drone (100-150kg) mimicking the features of an actual aircraft and a supersonic bigger drone called Goksungur which is the mothership of smaller drones but operated by TfX fightersas an actual wingmen. This concept and speeches of Mr. Kotil make perfect sense for me now If both drone will be served as a wingman.@Nutuk @Combat-Master @Test7 @Yasar @Zafer @UkroTurk @T-123456 @Webslave @Kartal1 @Fuzuli NL @anmdt @Sinan

@Raptor @Zapper or our Indian members who will visit this fair; please inform us more about the latest news in this defence fair. It seems India is going to present thr latest generation cutting edge technologies/concepts and I don't want to miss any part of this fair. This topic can be followed by two separate subsection by all members of our forum simultaneously. "Defence Fairs" and "Indian Section". Thanks for your contribution.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 932
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
@Raptor @Zapper and our Indian members who will visit this fair; please inform us more about the latest news in this defence fair
I don't reside in India and it looks like they're not allowing general public to the fair due to covid restrictions. But y'all could check out Vayu Aerospace on Twitter where we got most of our info from. The fair is scheduled from Feb 3-5 which will allow us to see full-fledged models. Will keep adding more as we find them.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 932
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
The Loyal Wingman

1612216407955.png

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 932
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
HAL Sitara Trainer jets - Designed and developed by DRDO's ARDC and built by HAL. They will be displayed at Aero India - 2021

1612216520216.png

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
136 16,006
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
When I saw the Indian wingman drone concept, I realised the actual meaning of the speeches of our TAI manager. He had stated that they were developing a supersonic drone and later he mentioned a smaller target drone as a wingman concept. When people listened what Mr. Kotil talked, We got grip of different meanings about ongoing programs but I think What TAI manager wanted to state might be a similar concept with what India is working at present. A target drone (100-150kg) mimicking the features of an actual aircraft and a supersonic bigger drone called Goksungur which is the mothership of smaller drones but operated by TfX fightersas an actual wingmen. This concept and speeches of Mr. Kotil make perfect sense for me now If both drone will be served as a wingman.@Nutuk @Combat-Master @Test7 @Yasar @Zafer @UkroTurk @T-123456 @Webslave @Kartal1 @Fuzuli NL @anmdt @Sinan

@Raptor @Zapper or our Indian members who will visit this fair; please inform us more about the latest news in this defence fair. It seems India is going to present thr latest generation cutting edge technologies/concepts and I don't want to miss any part of this fair. This topic can be followed by two separate subsection by all members of our forum simultaneously. "Defence Fairs" and "Indian Section". Thanks for your contribution.
The picture you are drawing here is the basis of a system that has the makings of a f35 killer. A TFX, that controls Goksungur supersonic drone that has under it’s control a number of supersonic jet drones that show up as f16 fighters. When f35 start targeting them and expending it’s limited arsenal, it will have also given up it’s own location. Making it possible for Goksungur or TFX to target it.
The amount of computer program data that has to be written for this to become viable is going to be monumental.
It would be a joy follow the fair news flowing in to here!

sarthak

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Cats warrior.

Combat Air Teaming System, described as "a composite amalgamation of manned and unmanned platforms which work together to penetrate heavily defended enemy airspace."

Warrior drone is being designed to operate with an Indian-made Tejas combat aircraft flown by an Indian Air Force pilot, which it will defend and fight with as they go into combat together.

The first Warrior prototypes are expected to fly within three to five years and is being funded by Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL).

Multiple Warriors will be commanded by a single Tejas. The idea is to maximise the effectiveness of every mission while reducing the potential of losing the lives of precious pilots since they would be accompanied by the drones which would protect them.

The Warrior is being armed with air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles," which would be used to hit targets on the ground or in the air.

The Warrior, while not an out-and-out stealth platform, which would allow it to evade being picked up by radar, is classified 'low observable', which makes its detection challenging for contemporary systems.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, which has been working on drone warfare concepts for more than five years, is working towards the design, development and integration of key subsystems of Warrior. The Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy, the eventual users of the platform, will need to re-shape their operational philosophies around the concept of 'combat-teaming' to effectively integrate the use of a manned and unmanned platform.

The Hunter drone is a part of a series of new designs which are in the process of being designed and developed. This includes the Hunter cruise missile, designed to hit targets more than 200 kilometres away and a swarm drone system called ALFA-S designed to home in on multiple targets which it identifies through artificial intelligence and machine-learning technology which allows the weapon to discriminate between possible targets.

Being designed with HAL by Newspace Research and Technologies, a Bengaluru-based start-up, the ALFA-S may not have any parallel around the world. The drones are housed on a unique carrier, mounted on a Jaguar fighter bomber. The carrier separates from the Jaguar, glides for approximately 100-plus kilometers before releasing the propeller-powered swarm drones which engage their targets. "The ALFA-S drones are programmed with algorithms to seek and destroy enemy surface to air missiles, aircraft on the ground and other ground targets. The unique nature of the platform gives it an export potential for friendly nations,".
IMG_20210202_073916.jpg

IMG_20210202_073713.jpg

Unmanned wingman concept a few years back
images.jpeg

Last edited:
T

Turko

1612241568908.png

Bro i assume, there is a glide bomb in the bomb bay , i can't sea a little drone.

sarthak

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
aeroindiavirtual.in
for anybody interested in virtual tour of aeroindia 2021. (How do you link videos from Instagram here)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,389
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The words of TAI chief Temel Kotil is puzzling to say the least. Some of his words pointed towards a decoy drone to mimic a full size fighter jet. However a 100-150kg RC aircraft will have limited speed and limited flight time. And with the hostiles already knowing about such concepts it won't take long before they figure out what is what. There is little use for such a small plane and it may totally be not worth the effort.

On the other hand Göksungur is likely to be the wingman plane the new concepts are looking for. The TEI engine TJ1600 which made very little appearance so far is likely the engine to power this plane. It would be better if there was a turbofan version of it which may as well be, this engine can support such a plane.

A small decoy plane as we talked earlier can also be carried under the wing of a fighter as we had seen before which will negate the use of a wingman to carry it. However there are nuances to what benefit can be gained from different ways. As mentioned earlier a decoy plane can make stealth planes reveal their whereabouts so there maybe some use to it. Otherwise a wingman can carry air to air weapons, railguns, laser guns, and many other payloads as needed.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,454
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 13233
Bro i assume, there is a glide bomb in the bomb bay , i can't sea a little drone.

66136071_477371396348912_5796036216805654528_o-jpg.13184

In Indian concept There is a pod that is going to drop switchblade type kamikaze drones and they will be operated as a part of swarm operations but I think Smaller decoy drones in Turkish concept will be jet powered. TAI has even tested Simsek under the wing of Anka. I think This test was done to see the feasibility of a similar decoy drone under the wing station of other drones or aircrafts.

images

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom