TR Aftermath of the earthquakes in Turkey's South-east

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan

So many deaths could have been prevented. I don't want to get political but my anger forces me to. Why should 1 man have a 1,100 room palace when millions of residents live in concrete death traps in one of the most seismically active places on earth. We can build the world's biggest airport, the world's longest suspension bridge, but we were playing a waiting game with the lives of thousands, if not millions of people. It was bound to happen, but we simply didn't act. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
thanks God for the safety of all the Turkish brothers , and may God have mercy on all the dead And accept them in his wide paradise

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,694
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was also a magnitude 6 earthquake in Israel about an hour ago.

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Who are you? I don't see anything on this forum from you apart from asking endless questions or giving " strategic " assessment. Br careful though, KGB might kidnap you, they are out there looking for the talent. GTFOH

I wasn't aware that this forum was meant to be an exclusive club; I thought it was a place that was meant for discussion. why do my questions really upset you so much?

What the fuck are you talking about? You Mr Hazara? People are dead here and you talking about your political and historical views.
This guy needs to get banned.
You sociopath. GTFOH
Iranian Troll

My original post was about why Turkey keeps suffering the problems it does, the institutional failures and decisions that lead to thousands of deaths in Turkey, and how they can be fixed so fewer people die. My second was about the republic system failing Turkey as it not only led to extreme polarisation but also a system in which the political elite encouraged corruption instead of fighting it, which leads to national tragedies like today from happening.

As for me being a Sociopath, we literally have people here calling for murder, while I'm trying to think of ideas that may be helpful to prevent further loss of life.

May god protect the people of Turkey and Syria from more suffering.

Last edited:

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I wasn't aware that this forum was meant to be an exclusive club; I thought it was a place that was meant for discussion. why do my questions really upset you so much?

My original post was about why Turkey keeps suffering the problems it does, the institutional failures and decisions that lead to thousands of deaths in Turkey, and how they can be fixed so fewer people die. My second was about the republic system failing Turkey as it not only led to extreme polarisation but also a system in which the political elite encouraged corruption instead of fighting it, which leads to national tragedies like today from happening.

As for me being a Sociopath, we literally have people here calling for murder, while I'm trying to think of ideas that may be helpful to prevent further loss of life.

May god protect the people of Turkey and Israel from more suffering.
Do you think I am going to engage myself with you here and discuss, cynical perfidious coward. Do you think that I am going to chase my own tail here? You can complain to the moderators here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
@Mehmed Ali, enough. If you have a personal problem with @Can't think of a Name then sort it out in private messages.
There was also a magnitude 6 earthquake in Israel about an hour ago.
Do you have a source? There was also a 3.8 magnitude one in New York just now.

Also to all Turkish users, please post any reputable links to donate money or supplies.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
@Mehmed Ali, enough. If you have a personal problem with @Can't think of a Name then sort it out in private messages.

Also to all Turkish users, please post any reputable links to donate money or supplies.
I don't know that person, so ot is not personal but while hundreds if not thousands are dead or dieing this none entity engages in the particular kind games .

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We share the same pain and grieving for this kind of disaster, i am wish the best and keep safe for all of my Turkish friends

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

So many deaths could have been prevented. I don't want to get political but my anger forces me to. Why should 1 man have a 1,100 room palace when millions of residents live in concrete death traps in one of the most seismically active places on earth. We can build the world's biggest airport, the world's longest suspension bridge, but we were playing a waiting game with the lives of thousands, if not millions of people. It was bound to happen, but we simply didn't act. Pathetic.

You are being political. Even worse, you are not analyzing the data properly and spreading bs propaganda in this time of distress.

It is a miracle that the deaths and injured are in the low thousands. Such an earthquake could have easily killed in the 10s of thousands. Many buildings survived the first earthquake, giving many the chance to evacuate. Most buildings only collapsed during the many aftershocks. Turkiye has been focusing on resistant buildings for many years.

In comparison, the 7.0 earthquake in Haiti in 2010 killed approx 160.000 people.

Last edited:

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
You are being political. Even worse, you are not analyzing the data properly and spreading bs propaganda in this time of distress.

It is a miracle that the deaths and injured are in the low thousands. Such an earthquake could have easily killed in the 10s of thousands. Many buildings survived the first earthquake, giving many the chance to evacuate. Most buildings only collapsed during the many aftershocks.

I said I'm being political, thanks for pointing out the obvious buddy.

We don't even know the final death figures. It can easily be as much as 10,000 or more. By the way, in Istanbul alone there are over 80,000 buildings that aren't earthquake resistant. Estimates of over 3 million people just in Istanbul that are at great risk.

These politicians have peoples blood on their hands. If we don't raise our voices now then it'll happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Sad and shocking news. Condolences to the Turkish and Syrian people. Best wishes for the rescue teams who risk their lives to save people from the rubbles. Hope, international help is coming in quick!

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
  • Reports/tweets of aftershocks/new quakes in Sakarya are fake according to residents.
  • Death toll has increased to 1014

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,694
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

You can donate to the Turkish Red Crescent. The Disaster Coordination Center made a statement on the subject. It stated that they do not want there to be any traffic towards the region at the moment and that since the first 72 hours are very critical, priority is given to the rescue teams and the regional teams of the organizations related to electricity/infrastructure.

An appeal was made to the public and it was stated that second hand clothes will never be distributed to the earthquake victims and therefore no campaign for used goods should be organized. An appeal was made to companies across the country to help them with blankets and heating devices in the first place.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,694
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
slider113-deprem-1140x400.jpg

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,694
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD) announcement:

Two earthquakes of magnitude 7.7 occurred in Pazarcık district of Kahramanmaraş at 04.17 on February 6, 2023 and two earthquakes of magnitude 7.6 occurred in Elbistan district of Kahramanmaraş at 13.24 on February 6, 2023. The earthquakes were felt intensely in the surrounding provinces, especially in Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Osmaniye, Adıyaman, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Malatya, Kilis and Adana.

After the earthquakes, the improvement works carried out to eliminate the conditions that negatively affected the general life and to meet the urgent needs of our disaster-stricken citizens continue under the coordination of AFAD with the cooperation of public institutions and organizations and NGOs.

Our Presidency also receives many requests for assistance from philanthropic citizens who want to support the recovery and normalization of life in Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Osmaniye, Adıyaman, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Malatya, Adana, Kilis and neighboring provinces.

In order not to leave these requests unanswered, we felt the need to share the earthquake donation account numbers of our Presidency below for donors who want to support our disaster-stricken citizens.

Our citizens who want to support the campaign can send an short text messages (SMS) to 1866 by typing "DEPREM" (SMS cost: 20 TL as of January 01, 2023) or donate via the account numbers below.

Note: "When donating via EFT, the Recipient Name should be written as "Republic of Turkey Ministry of Interior Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency".

It is respectfully announced to the public.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Help is coming from 45 countries now (mostly Western nations).

1050 confirmed deaths and 5500 wounded now and 3000 confirmed buildings collapsed.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom