TR Aftermath of the earthquakes in Turkey's South-east

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 985
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe its 100K lots of unaccounted deaths too.

The earthquake has also put off the Turkish community in Australia into travelling to Turkiye.

Natural fear as Turkiye is earthquake prone they fear they could also be hit.

It will take time for the country to heal along with people coming to visit. Some have lost family and friends there too lots of people missing most likely dead too.
And the ones responsible for the devastating outcome should lose their heads. But I don't see shit. It feels like it is forgotten already...

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Dear friend,

It's not nature that's scary. What is scary is the corrupted economic/political system that caused the buildings to be demolished in the earthquake, in which all municipalities, political parties, mafia, construction companies, inspection firms and even ordinary people are in.
The problem isnt in the political system but in the people themselves

The govt main role is to introduce the laws and make sure that it is implemented. As for the law, the govt already has a law similar to that of the US since more than 8 years ago indicating that all buildings must be earthquake resistant and inspected by third parties which is being implemented

The main problem is the people cutting corners by bribing the third party inspectors
The construction companies are cutting corners by using shitty materials
The municiplaities arent solving the main problem of corruption since they are benefitting from it. Take Hatay as an exqmple, the city has been razed to the ground; most of the buildings that were destroyed were old and even the new buildings funded by the CHP were brought to the ground (such as that high class compound that I forgot its name). Even in the affected AKP municipalities, similar things happend albeit to a lesser degree

The only buildings that were literally unharmed were those that were completely funded by the govt such as TOKI buildings which are now being attacked by Kilicdaroglu (but that is for another discussion)

Sadly, the only change to such problems are in the people themselves. The govt vant do anything when most of the people are corrupt..... like will the govt jail all of the populations of Eastern Turkey along with the construction companies? Ofcourse not! The people need to learn the hard way and now those in Eastern Turkey learned the lesson very well

I just hope those in Western Turkey learned as well since it seems that this isnt the case

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And the ones responsible for the devastating outcome should lose their heads. But I don't see shit. It feels like it is forgotten already...

Honestly I hate apartments with a passion.

Ugly ass buildings of the modern world.

Thank God, Australia has enough room to accomodate single houses.

If it was me I would easily ban apartments.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

The govt main role is to introduce the laws and make sure that it is implemented. As for the law, the govt already has a law similar to that of the US since more than 8 years ago indicating that all buildings must be earthquake resistant and inspected by third parties which is being implemented

The main problem is the people cutting corners by bribing the third party inspectors
The municiplaities arent solving the main problem of corruption since they are benefitting from it. Take Hatay as an exqmple, the city has been razed to the ground; most of the buildings that were destroyed were old and even the new buildings funded by the CHP were brought to the ground (such as that high class compound that I forgot its name). Even in the affected AKP municipalities, similar things happend albeit to a lesser degree

The only buildings that were literally unharmed were those that were completely funded by the govt such as TOKI buildings which are now being attacked by Kilicdaroglu (but that is for another discussion)

Sadly, the only change to such problems are in the people themselves. The govt vant do anything when most of the people are corrupt..... like will the govt jail all of the populations of Eastern Turkey along with the construction companies? Ofcourse not! The people need to learn the hard way and now those in Eastern Turkey learned the lesson very well

I just hope those in Western Turkey learned as well since it seems that this isnt the case

There was this fear mongering about how Istanbul will be hit with an earthquake and a tsunami

So all the money went to protect the Golden Boy.

Instead people forget that earthquakes can hit any place in Turkiye.

Bit if an earthquake does happen in Istanbul it will be one of the most devastating ones.

In the future if Mount Vesuvius Erupts it will most likely destroy the city of Naples.

If an Earthquake hits Istanbul plus a Tsunami this could also destroy Istanbul not wipe it out but what could happen will be pretty grim.

Italy and Turkiye dont even have a proper plan to prepare.

A person an asked an Italian what will happen if Mount Vesuvius erupts they are like thats life who cares.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

If you do not have a rational and well designed accountable system and do not implement it, you will always have such problems. People will always tend to adapt itself to the political system in order to protect itself. Akp and other mainstream parties are responsible for this. Turkiye was never a perfect accountable rule of state but Erdo government made it worse especially in 2010s

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
If you do not have a rational and well designed accountable system and do not implement it, you will always have such problems. People will always tend to adapt itself to the political system in order to protect itself. Akp and other mainstream parties are responsible for this. Turkiye was never a perfect accountable rule of state but Erdo government made it worse especially in 2010s
Who exactly will implement the system?
The CHP who built Hatay for years and won billions from the shitty compounds they built only for it to be destroyed instantly and yet till this day are protecting their man, the owner of the company who built this shitty complex claiming that the police doesnt even have the right to arrest him or the AKP who are benefitting from construction works or the HDP who is benefitting from poor building base or the iYi who is benefitting by billions from such project

As I said, the problem is in the people
If you actually implemented the system, then half of the nation will be jailed

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom