TR Air Defence Programs

Ronin

Reactions
"We have several critical material problems during the mass production phase."

Should we be worried?
I also thought the same!
"several critical material problems" sounds not very promising. We need this missiles desperately in Syria and Libya.
I hope soon we will hear good news in terms of mass production.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In last TV broadcast, Ismail Demir gave some information about Turkish air defence missile programs. He highlighted these points;,
  • Turkish air defence will be layered and network centric structure. The first layer of units will be Korkut Self Propelled anti-aircraft gun system.
  • Second layer will be protected by Sungur missiles developed by Roketsan.
  • Third layer will be under the responsibility of Hisar-A and Hisar-A+ missiles.
  • Forth layer will contain many different elements of medium altitude SAM system. Similar missiles with different seeker heads and range figures. Some elements of medium altitude missiles were matured but remaining part will be ready until the end of this year. Hisar-O, O+\N and G/G+ missiles
  • Fifth layer of protection will be under the responsibility of Siper area air defence missiles. It is expected Siper will have a range around 120+km.
  • Final layer of Turkish concept will be protected by “Long Altitude Long Range Anti-Ballistic missile defence systems”. This missiles are also under the development phase at present. Ismail Demir stated that this missile is specially developed for Anti-ballistic missile missions. Turkish Thaad!

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish industry has started developments of some strategic elements for “Long altitude long range” anti-ballistic missile system. The most complex section of these missiles are their guidance systems. These missiles (Thaad, Arrow-3) are designed to find ballistic missiles at an max altitude around 150km so they need more complex guidance methods than conventional missiles because air density in these altitudes don’t allow missiles to do conventional aerodynamic maneuvrings by using fin movements. DACS system (divert and attitude control) are designed to achieve this mission out of atmosphere. THAAD has 4 axis DACS!
1600192298588.jpeg

It seems Turkish Thaad (LALR missiles) may use 5 axis national DACS...
1600192390483.jpeg

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan subsystems in the SİPER Long Range Area Air and Missile Defense System

* EIRS will be used as a long range search radar.
* Multifunctional Fire Control Radar (new)
* Radar Seeker (new)
* RF data link
* Fleet / Fire control center
* Communication system

Screenshot_2020-09-16 2018_ALMANAGI_7362 pdf.png
Screenshot_2020-09-16 2018_ALMANAGI_7362 pdf(1).png

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,773
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we know any progress on Siper ? Is it still in development stage ? I would like to see a prototype :D . Lastly when will it enter service ?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we know any progress on Siper ? Is it still in development stage ? I would like to see a prototype :D . Lastly when will it enter service ?

Most likely, the mock-up will be introduced in IDEF-21 and/or Teknofest-20. I think the Siper is lying under the cover.

FC9C1589-BC74-41AA-BEF7-E085F3D6B6A6.jpeg

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The way to find out if under the cover is a Gezgin or a Siper is to evaluate your height. The Gezgin will be about 6.5 m long missile. The Siper will be longer than Hisar-A, which is 4-4.5 m long. Whatever model is ready. So it is ready to exhibit. I think this veil will be lifted until IDEF2021 at the latest. It will also exhibit something new in Teknofest.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The way to find out if under the cover is a Gezgin or a Siper is to evaluate your height. The Gezgin will be about 6.5 m long missile. The Siper will be longer than Hisar-A, which is 4-4.5 m long. Whatever model is ready. So it is ready to exhibit. I think this veil will be lifted until IDEF2021 at the latest. It will also exhibit something new in Teknofest.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish industry has started developments of some strategic elements for “Long altitude long range” anti-ballistic missile system. The most complex section of these missiles are their guidance systems. These missiles (Thaad, Arrow-3) are designed to find ballistic missiles at an max altitude around 150km so they need more complex guidance methods than conventional missiles because air density in these altitudes don’t allow missiles to do conventional aerodynamic maneuvrings by using fin movements. DACS system (divert and attitude control) are designed to achieve this mission out of atmosphere. THAAD has 4 axis DACS!
View attachment 1381

View attachment 1382

I reckon tests have already begun with EKV 2-colour IR seeker.. With Roketsans sounding rocket :)
EgroOfDXcAEByV0.jpg

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 1381

View attachment 1382

SM-III series of missiles have EKV with 5 axis DCS. 2 x-axis, 2 z-axis and 1 y-axis

1600588889784.png

1600588965306.png

Pssst... Roketsans sounding rocket does too.😉

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The radar progams are being developed in paralel to these air defence missile programs.

• MAR radar for Low altitude SAM programs
  • Kalkan-2 for Medium altitude SAM programs
  • EIRS for Siper long range missiles
  • AIR radar supplementary of Kalkan-2 and EIRS to detect low flying targets
  • YIR radar for LALR anti-ballistic missile system

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The radar progams are being developed in paralel to these air defence missile programs.

Bro, is Kalkan-3 being developed also with AESA array antenna ?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don’t know bro. I didn’t read/hear anything about Block-3.

I vaguely remember it from one of Aselsan's magazines, but I don't remember which one it was. Upon request of Turkish Airforce, they wanted a portable medium ranged radar with AESA array.. Maybe, I'm remembering it wrong.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I would like to propose a space surveillance radar to track satellite and other spacecraft movement. Considering that several nations have now founded their space forces we should watch out for space-borne hostile activity as well. Also Jamming spacecraft activity should be one of the countermeasures.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom